Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
We tend to go round and round on things, so I’ll keep this short. We don’t really agree (and that’s fine). This team looks real bad 5v5 that needs to get fixed. They aren’t just below average, they verge on bad. It’ll take some really good pieces. Add to that, health is something that is unlikely this year.

IMO Avs need a good 2C (I love Hayes and he may not be enough), middle 6 winger who can score goals at a good clip (a legit 20-25g guy), complete health, and goaltending to hold up. That’s a lot of things to go right and even then, it may not be enough.

I’ll add that even if you can’t get it perfect, they need to still push. There isn’t enough cap space in the future and time is not on the Avs side. Imperfect and better is better than just giving in.
Think this sums it up perfectly, although I’m hoping/praying we get healthy for the playoffs. But it’s still not enough. We need 2 more pieces (2c + winger). Would love Hayes but I don’t expect the flyers to eat $2m for 4 years even if we offer a great package.

But with the cap situation we definitely have to go for it here and now. Trade the next 2 firsts + behrens and anything else you got. Also we’ll need salary to go out so it feels like you probably have to trade Girard to create the space.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
This team is 28th in the league for 5v5 goals. I don't think you understand how awful that is. They're around some teams that are actively tanking with rosters significantly worse then the Avs even with all the injuries. Landy coming back will not fix that, despite what some of the starry-eyed fans like to think.
This team is about to win the West without being healthy

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Welp. Toews is sick and ROR is off the board. At this point it’s going to take a miracle for MacFarland to get even a questionable 2C.

This season has been officially punted. I hope CMac has a better off-season this year than last year.

Also, Jesus did Dubus ever overpay. The kid is desperate to keep his job..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad