Rumor: 2022-2023 Free Agency and Trade Rumors: STILL searching for a 2C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Welp. Toews is sick and ROR is off the board. At this point it’s going to take a miracle for MacFarland to get even a questionable 2C.

This season has been officially punted. I hope CMac has a better off-season this year than last year.

Avs will make the Playoffs and the west is wide open. Grind it out

Reactions: Azrael89

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It’s really too bad Meier is a winger. He’s going to be by far the best player traded.

Avs would easily be outbid regardless but someone is going to get a great player and for more than just a rental.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
Holy shit what an insane price for ROR. If you consider Acciari going for the 2nd... It was basically a 1st + 3rd + 4th for ROR.

Thank god we didn't pay that price for him. He's so bad.
These are what prices just are. Acciari is probably more of the 3rd Abramov side of it (Abramov is a future NHLer… just maybe not a good one), but we might be splitting hairs. You want a top 9 guy… especially at center. You’re paying a first and more. Toews/Monahan health issues might change their outlooks, but healthy… these are just the prices.

Bowe Byrum

Nov 22, 2021
Welp. Toews is sick and ROR is off the board. At this point it’s going to take a miracle for MacFarland to get even a questionable 2C.

This season has been officially punted. I hope CMac has a better off-season this year than last year.

Also, Jesus did Dubus ever overpay. The kid is desperate to keep his job..
Shanahan calls the shots and is desperate to keep his as well

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
As great as Timo is, I rather our top 4 wingers in Landy, Moose, Nuke, and Lehky. Good mix of offense and defense. Especially since they are all signed long term, while Timo is an RFA this summer with a 10 million qualifying offer.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
As great as Timo is, I rather our top 4 wingers in Landy, Moose, Nuke, and Lehky. Good mix of offense and defense. Especially since they are all signed long term, while Timo is an RFA this summer with a 10 million qualifying offer.

Not really though. We're seeing the struggles of our offense plenty right now. Lehky and Nuke are good players but not really offensive drivers. Even Landy isn't really an offensive driver.

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
I don't hate it for Toronto. He looks washed but maybe he turns back the clock. They can't go out in the 1st round again. Better odds at him playing at a high level as a 3C behind Matthews/Tavares than being a 2C.
Plus ROR can easily play wing. Plenty of versatility here for Toronto. They should shore up the D a bit now, but they’re as set as they really can be.

You ever heard of the Colorado Avalanche. They live for that shit.
Who?

Only way I’d consider Meier is if you send one of Landy, Nuke or Mikko out in a different deal to fill out the roster elsewhere, namely center. Likely Mikko is only one that likely makes the cash work.

Cypher

May 25, 2011
Edmonton
avalanche.nhl.com
Not really though. We're seeing the struggles of our offense plenty right now. Lehky and Nuke are good players but not really offensive drivers. Even Landy isn't really an offensive driver.

Strongly disagree. Lehky and Nuke are great two-way wingers to cover up for Mack and Comphers lazy back check on the opposing center. Nuke and Landy also have the size to dig the puck out of the corners to extend the plays; if they aren't scoring, all 3 of them are still contributing.

Also, they don't have to be all offensive when we got dman like Makar, Byram, Toews, and G pinching in so often. And who do you think covers for them on the back end when that happens.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
It's SOOOO frikkin' weird to me that the Leafs have seemingly 40 top-notch executives as part of their hockey group and they still make these kinds of decisions ? I guess the TDL isn't over yet but I'm not sure what other big moves they'll be able to make? Acciari is a good get as a 4th line player - but moving all that to get ROR when you already have Matthews and Tavares as your 1-2 punch but have questionable goaltending and a defense that probably ranks 5th or 6th in the conference is just strange to me. I put them behind Boston, Carolina, NYR, Tampa Bay and probably tied with the Islanders.

Maybe there are more moves to come but getting ROR would certainly not have been my priority, personally.

Azrael89

Feb 13, 2017
It's SOOOO frikkin' weird to me that the Leafs have seemingly 40 top-notch executives as part of their hockey group and they still make these kinds of decisions ? I guess the TDL isn't over yet but I'm not sure what other big moves they'll be able to make? Acciari is a good get as a 4th line player - but moving all that to get ROR when you already have Matthews and Tavares as your 1-2 punch but have questionable goaltending and a defense that probably ranks 5th or 6th in the conference is just strange to me. I put them behind Boston, Carolina, NYR, Tampa Bay and probably tied with the Islanders.

Maybe there are more moves to come but getting ROR would certainly not have been my priority, personally.
They really should have went for Chychrun, but I still like this for the Leafs. I'm starting to wonder what Chyc will go for when all is said and done?

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Interesting deal.

My thought on Toronto has always been that you can’t win a cup with Morgan Rielly as your number one D.

I like this move for them though. They’re insulating their defence by having an elite centre core. Blues did well on the return.

Plus ROR can easily play wing. Plenty of versatility here for Toronto. They should shore up the D a bit now, but they’re as set as they really can be.

Who?

Only way I’d consider Meier is if you send one of Landy, Nuke or Mikko out in a different deal to fill out the roster elsewhere, namely center. Likely Mikko is only one that likely makes the cash work.

Thought you were talking about Monahan. Avs love injured players haha

Reactions: Azrael89

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
My thought on Toronto has always been that you can’t win a cup with Morgan Rielly as your number one D.

I like this move for them though. They’re insulating their defence by having an elite centre core. Blues did well on the return.

Thought you were talking about Monahan. Avs love injured players haha
My who was a joke about who are the Avs.. didn’t land

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Strongly disagree. Lehky and Nuke are great two-way wingers to cover up for Mack and Comphers lazy back check on the opposing center. Nuke and Landy also have the size to dig the puck out of the corners to extend the plays; if they aren't scoring, all 3 of them are still contributing.

Also, they don't have to be all offensive when we got dman like Makar, Byram, Toews, and G pinching in so often. And who do you think covers for them on the back end when that happens.
You lose an awful lot of credibility on the rest of the post with garbage like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese