Rumor: 2022-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 14: Sakic goes back to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs44

May 16, 2011
In insight, what a fantastic deadline that we got from Joe.

We're not winning the cup without Manson, Cogliano and Lehkonen.
Flat out a genius deadline. Lehkonen, Manson, and Cogs were critical to this team. The "minor" offseason additions in Helm and JJ were also brilliant when it came down to it. f***ing love Sakic.

The man deserves a month long bender but hopefully he holds off on that until after the draft and FA are done.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Flat out a genius deadline. Lehkonen, Manson, and Cogs were critical to this team. The "minor" offseason additions in Helm and JJ were also brilliant when it came down to it. f***ing love Sakic.

The man deserves a month long bender but hopefully he holds off on that until after the draft and FA are done.
JJ was outstanding ever since that one big mistake that got him benched for the 3rd of a game. Played his role perfectly. Hope he's brought back for another year.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
JJ was outstanding ever since that one big mistake that got him benched for the 3rd of a game. Played his role perfectly. Hope he's brought back for another year.
I'd take him back as our 7th dman in a heartbeat (at like 1M).

Reactions: MarkT

Go19

Jun 21, 2019
As a Pioneer season ticket holder there was a stretch where Joe would be at a lot of games - and I think he began to recognize how good college players were vs Patrick who seemingly had issues with picking any college player or going after some of the free agents. And look how it is turning out - Cale, LOC, Newhook, Helleson (who became Manson) - these moves and belief in college players make me extremely happy. I truly believe it helped round out this team into a champion - so good on Joe for seeing that.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
Lets run it back, the team's window is still so damn wide open. Joe will deliver come free agency. Can't wait to see what he does but for now we celebrate.
Exciting times. Sakic has mini rebuild to do.

I'd take him back as our 7th dman in a heartbeat (at like 1M).
He should go for the money and cash in.. for his own sake.

Reactions: The Pwnerer

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Massive off-season coming up. Ton of guys to sign and not enough cap space for everyone. MacKinnon has to be extended immediately, goaltending and #2C sorted out etc.

How well they handle this will play a significant role in how competitive the team will be going forward.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Hopefully the Avs can get the Stanley Cup discount on a couple of signings/re-signings.

There should be a lot of turnover, just due to the amount of free agents on the team. I don’t think that’s such a bad thing. It’s good to have some new guys who are hungry to win their first cup.

I’m curious to know what the Avs view Ben Meyers as for next season.

Reactions: MarkT

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
So @Pokecheque can you talk about the goalie situation now?

Nope not yet. :laugh:

FTR statistically he was the better goalie tonight. And we can argue whether or not he should or shouldn't have had that first (and ONLY) goal, but that was the only one he gave up all night. And as airtight as the Avs defense was, the one prime chance the Bolts had in the third, he made the save.

Don't know where the Avs go from here between the pipes, but Joe's major gambit paid off.

Reactions: MarkT and Balthazar

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
FWIW Bieksa, Hrudey and Makar all said the core will be together for a while longer. Dater says that Lehkonen will be here for many years to come.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

kitsel

Mar 31, 2012
Gibson is basically the Avs only shot at bringing in an actual upgrade. Husso, Campbell, Varly, Samsonov, MAF are just more of the same. So in all reality no one should expect the goaltending to be any different next season.

At what point do they say "screw it" and run Francouz as a cheap starter and sign a capable backup since he's had some injury issues, and then use the cap space saved to help sign as many of their other free agents as possible?

Frankie isn't a top 10 goalie or anything, but they've shown this season they can win with just competent, reliable goaltending, and he did that at 6-0 in the playoffs.

I know I'd prefer Frankie + keeping someone like Lehkonen to overpaying someone like Campbell or Husso and then losing out on one of our FAs.

Reactions: Andrew Wiggin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad