Rumor: 2022-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 14: Sakic goes back to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

kl35ha

Oct 19, 2017
Thinking Mack will be the highest pay at 10-10.5mils, if he’s seriously about the discount thing and want the team to stay competitive. Plus it will just be another dagger in Oilers fan heart at the price! Make it happens Mack! Win-win

The Shermanator

HFBoards Legend
Jul 2, 2011
Ontario
Losing Mack for nothing would suck but to have a talent like Makar in his prime + Rants still in his prime + Byram coming up and being unable to compete because Mack is making 12.5M would suck more.

Can't let him walk if we don't have another 1C of course...but if we were to get a middle of the road 1C for ~8M a year Sakic has to think about it.

PS: No team in the cap era has won the cup with a player making 10M+ on the roster and it's easy to understand why when we're currently watching our depth carrying us deep in the playoffs.
Show Mack that stat and he will sign for 9.9M

Reactions: Reparlana

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Show Mack that stat and he will sign for 9.9M

If he wants to secure the bag, sure, MacKinnon (sorely underpaid today at $6.3 million) could take a stab at Connor McDavid’s league-high $12.5 million AAV next summer on the open market. Alternately, he could follow the lead of Crosby and Stamkos and keep the band together.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
He will sign for 11x8 and it will be a great deal. We can work with that.

Eventually, a guy like Rantanen or Byram will have to go. It's the nature of this hard cap league. It sucks but it is what it is. This is why we need to win now, when MacK, Kadri, Byram, Nuke, Lehkonen etc are still playing for cheap.

Reactions: Reparlana

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
I'm confident on MacK staying, but if for some reason he wouldn't, Avs would need to tear things down and go right to rebuild. Younger guys like Newhook, Makar, Byram and Girard would be the new core who should still be good by the time we're ready again.

LOFIN

Sep 16, 2011
I'm confident on MacK staying, but if for some reason he wouldn't, Avs would need to tear things down and go right to rebuild. Younger guys like Newhook, Makar, Byram and Girard would be the new core who should still be good by the time we're ready again.
Tear things down, while having some of the best pieces in the league? I don't think you understand what a rebuild means.

Mentioning the word rebuild in this thread should result in a ban anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Bender

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Losing Mack for nothing would suck but to have a talent like Makar in his prime + Rants still in his prime + Byram coming up and being unable to compete because Mack is making 12.5M would suck more.

Can't let him walk if we don't have another 1C of course...but if we were to get a middle of the road 1C for ~8M a year Sakic has to think about it.

PS: No team in the cap era has won the cup with a player making 10M+ on the roster and it's easy to understand why when we're currently watching our depth carrying us deep in the playoffs.
Look at the Carolina Hurricanes and what happened to them in the POs. You need that elite talent to succeed in the POs. So no, the Avs should keep MacKinnon.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Look at the Carolina Hurricanes and what happened to them in the POs. You need that elite talent to succeed in the POs. So no, the Avs should keep MacKinnon.
We have elite talent on the blue line. Look at the Oilers. Elite talent with no depth.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I’m sure Sakic will give MacKinnon the same talk her did to Makar. “You’re worth every penny, but if you take less we can spend it on more help for you”.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
I’m sure Sakic will give MacKinnon the same talk her did to Makar. “You’re worth every penny, but if you take less we can spend it on more help for you”.

Weren’t Patty Kane and Captain Intangibles making $10M during the hawks last cup?

Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Imagine being one win from winning it all, having the top 5 player in the game on your team and thinking of trading him. Insane doesn't begin to describe it.
No one is talking about trading anyone here. Wrong thread?

Vaslof

Feb 1, 2017
Tear things down, while having some of the best pieces in the league? I don't think you understand what a rebuild means.

1C is probably the most important position. You can't just replace MacKinnon with some UFA fossil asking for 10M.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Imagine being one win from winning it all, having the top 5 player in the game on your team and thinking of trading him. Insane doesn't begin to describe it.
Ya, there's a few dummies around here. Especially the ones that want to trade him "So we dont lose him for nothing in free agency"

:laugh: I'll take my chances on trying to win a cup next year over trading the 2nd best player in the world because "Think of the assets we would lose" nonsense.

Balthazar

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Literally cannot muster the energy to even think about the offseason. I will be happy to do so once the offseason starts.
I'll be waiting in this thread for you tomorrow morning (hopefully)

I'll take my chances on trying to win a cup next year over trading the 2nd best player in the world because "Think of the assets we would lose" nonsense.
Yes, there's no such thing as trading Mack.

Eltuna

Nov 12, 2017

Weren’t Patty Kane and Captain Intangibles making $10M during the hawks last cup?
Their contracts started the next season, their third cup was still on the previous contracts.

Alienblood

Nov 22, 2021
That's not really building around PLD though. He's a secondary piece in Colorado at best when it comes to how good and deep the Avs core already is. Similar to Nuke if the manage to extend him.

I'd trade a Girard package for PLD in a heartbeat. He's exactly the kind of center you'd hope to get for Girard and his team friendly contract.
We need Girard .Toews will be gone . Maybe trade Toews now. For all the flack Sammy gets Toews hasn't been great

saying Byram may have to go is even worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad