Rumor: 2022-2022 Trade Rumors and Free Agency Part 14: Sakic goes back to bed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Here's what I think happened with Giroux.

If what Seravalli is saying is true that the Flyers never even talked to another team, then all those rumors about other teams, especially the Avs late "still being in it" were intentional leaks from the Flyers to drive up Florida's offer.

The Flyers sent Briere to Colorado as subterfuge. The Avs were looking at Braun when they were in Philly, before they traded for Manson.

After his 1000th game we heard this could take through the weekend. Then Ekblad went down with an injury, and Fletcher said, if you really want to go to Florida we have to make this deal now, because we might not be able to get any more assets for you if they trade for a defenseman. So they did and didn't quite get the haul they hoped.

Basically all the insiders and Dater, unless he was just piggybacking off other rumors, got played by Fletcher so that Florida didn't realize they were the only one negotiating for Giroux, and just offered a 2nd round pick or something.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
I'm done paying attention to Friedman and others who spread rumors. They haven't called a single trade accurately yet. Manson was supposed to go to Leafs, Chiarot was supposed to go to Blues or other than Florida places. Chychrun was supposed to go to Florida etc..etc...

Avs were supposedly the front runner for Giroux, turned out they haven't even called Philly for him.
Its completely useless reading this rumors, none of them are accurate

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Re: 3rd line winger

Crouse = physical/bruiser who can contribute offensively, we need that on the 3rd line
Lehkonen = relentless engine, defensive wizard. Difference maker even when he doesn't score

Two great options, it all comes down to preference.

Both are RFA's and both will be difficult to keep after this season because of how much they'll want though.

Reactions: MoreLikeTurdCrapley

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
So your telling me Boston was able to convince a guy who also played his entire career in one city to move across the US. And then get him signed immediately to a 8 year contract!?! Meanwhile we can' t even get a guy to come here for 4 months. Damn you East Coast bias!!!!

Reactions: katfude

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

Crouse = physical/bruiser who can contribute offensively, we need that on the 3rd line
Lehkonen = relentless engine, defensive wizard. Difference maker even when he doesn't score

Both are RFA's and both will be difficult to keep after this season because of how much they'll want though.

I would add that Crouse is pretty good defensively too.

Reactions: Marinprudlik

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Lindholm takes that deal because it's the Bruins way. You take less than what you can get as a UFA to keep the team competitive. All their players do it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Lindholm takes that deal because it's the Bruins way. You take less than what you can get as a UFA to keep the team competitive. All their players do it.
They said that term was the issue with Anaheim, they didn't want 8 years.

Chances are he was asking for that exact same contract in Anaheim and then agreed to move to Boston under those conditions. That's why it was this fast.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

Why not both?

2023 1st + Bowers for Lehkonen (50%)
2024 1st + JTC + prospect for Crouse

That would be a heck of a way to insulate Newhook defensively and get him two forwards who can forecheck like crazy and feed him pucks in the slot.

Landeskog -- Mackinnon -- Rantanen
Nichuskin ------ Kadri ----- Burakovsky
Crouse ------- Newhook --- Lehkonen
Helm ----------- Sturm ---- O'Connor

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Starting to sour on Lehkonen. I think Habs will demand a huge overpayment.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019

He's never been a Bruin so why would he buy into "the Bruins way" when he can get at least that in UFA? Boston are also going to be the next SJ in a couple of years when Bergeron and Marchand retire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad