2021 VGK off season discussion thread

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Reaves AND Carrier out would technically work as long as Patrick comes in under 1.3~.

Patches-Stephenson-Stone
Misfits
Dadonov-Patrick-Tuch
Janmark-Howden-Roy
Kolsear

If they could manage that it's miles better depth wise than they've had.

We would only have Hague as a waiver exempt player though. So if one of our defensemen got injured, but not long enough for LTIR, we would need to play 13F 5D again. Or send Kolesar or Howden through waivers to bring a replacement in.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
It was obvious when he said he liked our center depth.

Dumbass just keeps on going after wingers.

We were also apparently after Tarasenko for a small time.

He ends up getting another winger who may not be able to produce like in his Florida days cause the Knights don't have a center like Barkov.

I wonder which winger he will be after at the trade deadline or which winger he will be after during free agency next year.
Huberdeau keeps getting disrespected smh

Kelly mentions that he wants Cogs to get a more prominent role this upcoming season... In place of who? Hague?

Haguerbomb

HOCKEY BELONGS IN THE DESERT
Oct 5, 2019
If the ask of Smith, Krebs, Hague and a 1st was true and McCrimmon & McPhee turned it down then they must think Eichel's neck is FUBAR or they're so high on Krebs they don't want to lose him.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
The biggest issue with acquiring Eichel OR Tarasenko is the player's future health.

The latest rumored "price" for VGK to acquire Eichel: Smith, Krebs, Hague + 1st

(As an armchair GM, with a longer horizon that GM MK seems to have), I would not trade three prime assets for an "expiring"/injured one. But with Foley pushing to "win now", he might be forced to pull that trigger.)

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
If the ask of Smith, Krebs, Hague and a 1st was true and McCrimmon & McPhee turned it down then they must think Eichel's neck is FUBAR or they're so high on Krebs they don't want to lose him.
In fairness, Kennedy isn't the most reliable source.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Patches Patty Stone
----Misfits----
Janmark Stephenson Tuch
Carrier Roy Dadonov
Howden
Kolesar

Martini Petro
Teddy Cloudy
McNabb Coghlan
Hague

Lehner
Brossoit

Way over the cap...just like Tampa.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Patches Patty Stone
----Misfits----
Janmark Stephenson Tuch
Carrier Roy Dadonov
Howden
Kolesar

Martini Petro
Teddy Cloudy
McNabb Coghlan
Hague

Lehner
Brossoit

Way over the cap...just like Tampa.

I would put Dadonov with Stone.

Dadonov seems like the type of player who needs another quality player to help him produce.

Stone once turned Zack Smith into a goal scorer, he can surely do it for Dadonov.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I would put Dadonov with Stone.

Dadonov seems like the type of player who needs another quality player to help him produce.

Stone once turned Zack Smith into a goal scorer, he can surely do it for Dadonov.

I wouldn't tinker too much with the chemistry or fix what ain't broke. The 4th line needs a new identity and the Stone line needs a C. That leaves Dadonov on the 4th line to provide those lugs with an actual scoring touch.

edit: but we can go nuttier

tenor.gif

Patches Krebs Stone
Misfits
Dadonov Stephenson Tuch
Janmark Patrick Roy

I like the Patrick Roy line myself

Last edited:
Reactions: Joel Ward

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
What’s going on here, guys? Are we paying Dadanov 5 mil to play on the 4th line?

And are my calculations correct: between Stone, Smith, Tuch, Dadonov and Reaves do we have 26.15 million allocated to the RW position next year? And I’m not even counting Keegan the Great.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
What’s going on here, guys? Are we paying Dadanov 5 mil to play on the 4th line?

And are my calculations correct: between Stone, Smith, Tuch, Dadonov and Reaves do we have 26.15 million allocated to the RW position next year? And I’m not even counting Keegan the Great.
Omg lost in all this I forgot Kolesar exists.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Let's be honest, do you really think the Sabres take that deal? Reilly won't be good by the time Buffalo is relevant, Krebs is a nice piece but probably will not match Eichel long run, Hague is meh but could stick with a bad team and a VGK 1st is likely in the bottom ten.

Maybe Eichel has them in a bit of a tough spot but that package doesn't excite me, I wouldn't take it unless I had to. You really have to believe Krebs is a future 1C to even entertain it, but without any great assurances it happens.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Let's be honest, do you really think the Sabres take that deal? Reilly won't be good by the time Buffalo is relevant, Krebs is a nice piece but probably will not match Eichel long run, Hague is meh but could stick with a bad team and a VGK 1st is likely in the bottom ten.

Maybe Eichel has them in a bit of a tough spot but that package doesn't excite me, I wouldn't take it unless I had to. You really have to believe Krebs is a future 1C to even entertain it, but without any great assurances it happens.

They wouldn't keep Reilly.

They would flip him at the deadline for maybe a 1st round pick or at the most another 2nd in a strong draft.

I agree though they wouldn't take that package right now.

But keeping on waiting for this thing to materialize might force them to take a package like that.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
I wouldn't tinker too much with the chemistry or fix what ain't broke. The 4th line needs a new identity and the Stone line needs a C. That leaves Dadonov on the 4th line to provide those lugs with an actual scoring touch.

edit: but we can go nuttier

tenor.gif

Patches Krebs Stone
Misfits
Dadonov Stephenson Tuch
Janmark Patrick Roy

I like the Patrick Roy line myself

This ain’t nutty, probably the best way to make use of current resources. Flip Patrick and Krebs positions and that might be DeBoer’s opening night line-up.

So you got Gallant to take Reaves with no retention, right?

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I wonder if Landeskog wasn't option A. Once he signed they pivoted from a 7x7 offer to him to 7m for Dadonov and Janmark combined. Both those deals could have been done as soon as Fleury was dealt if they were the plan all along.

Reactions: CupInSIX

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Really? We have to have another move because he said specifically managing the cap better was a goal and we aren't so far.

Oh there's definitely a move coming regardless of what Kelly says. Simply waiving Reaves and Carrier after camp would be enough to get us under, but not enough to sign Patrick. One if not both of them traded means we have room to sign Patrick and ice a 21 man roster. That's a lot better cap wise than last year.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Oh there's definitely a move coming regardless of what Kelly says. Simply waiving Reaves and Carrier after camp would be enough to get us under, but not enough to sign Patrick. One if not both of them traded means we have room to sign Patrick and ice a 21 man roster. That's a lot better cap wise than last year.

Of course there is another move coming. Crim’s quote was something to the tune of he didn’t ‘expect’ to make any more moves. That’s something you say when you are about to do something else that’s going to piss the fans off.

I believe Crim when he said Dadonov was the top player available in the expansion draft in his view. Which means he probably thinks he was better than all the options available in the 2017 draft. Which means he is probably being brought in to play in the top 6. So something is probably going to have to give.

And what will the reaction be from the fans if another Misfit gets shipped out after MAF?

Last edited:

Knightmare

VGK fan since the 70’s
Jun 15, 2018
Las Vegas
Ya there’s for sure more moves coming. We got too many guys. Here’s 5 lines of players they all really seemed to want and/or have to keep on the ice for some dumb reasons:

Patches - Stevo-Stone
Marchy - wild bill - Smith
Janmark - Patrick - Tuch
Roy - Krebs - Dadonov
Carrier - kolesar - Reaves
Brown
Edit: forgot about Brett Howden that they traded for. Can’t forget about Brett f***ing Howden. That’s 17 forwards.

Last edited:

Lehtonen

Jan 7, 2016
Finland
Marchessault $5,0 - Karlsson $5,9 - Smith $5,0
Pacioretty $7,0 - Stephenson $2,75 - Stone $9,5
Dadonov $5,0 - Janmark $2,0 - Tuch $4,75
Carrier $1,4 - Patrick $0,874 - Roy $0,75
+ Kolesar $0,725, Howden $0,885

Martinez $5,25 - Pietrangelo $8,8
Theodore $5,2 - Coghlan $0,7
Hague $0,791 - Whitecloud $0,725
Bischoff $0,716

Lehner $5,0
Brossoit $2,325

= $81,041
+ old bonuses $0,283
= $81,324

Krebs begins in AHL because of waiver exemption. Reaves and McNabb will be gone. Reaves for obvious reasons (no room for him in the attack) and McNabb also lost some ice-time in the playoffs by playing only 15-16 minutes per night. Okay, he had Covid but still. DeBoer will roll again with his three best D and plays them 22+ minutes. That's why McNabb will be sacrified so Coghlan gets more ice-time like McCrimmon said yesterday. Bischoff is 7D in the stands.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Marchessault $5,0 - Karlsson $5,9 - Smith $5,0
Pacioretty $7,0 - Stephenson $2,75 - Stone $9,5
Dadonov $5,0 - Janmark $2,0 - Tuch $4,75
Carrier $1,4 - Patrick $0,874 - Roy $0,75
+ Kolesar $0,725, Howden $0,885

Martinez $5,25 - Pietrangelo $8,8
Theodore $5,2 - Coghlan $0,7
Hague $0,791 - Whitecloud $0,725
Bischoff $0,716

Lehner $5,0
Brossoit $2,325

= $81,041
+ old bonuses $0,283
= $81,324

Krebs begins in AHL because of waiver exemption. Reaves and McNabb will be gone. Reaves for obvious reasons (no room for him in the attack) and McNabb also lost some ice-time in the playoffs by playing only 15-16 minutes per night. Okay, he had Covid but still. DeBoer will roll again with his three best D and plays them 22+ minutes. That's why McNabb will be sacrified so Coghlan gets more ice-time like McCrimmon said yesterday. Bischoff is 7D in the stands.

McNabb was 4th in minutes for defensemen, just ahead of Whitecloud. They just relied heavily on Martinez. There's no way they'd move McNabb IMO, and Coghlan will be his partner.

Miromanov and Diliberatore will get some looks in camp, and they should get callups from Henderson. I just don't see Bischoff as an NHLer.

LTIR solution? Does somebody need surgery?

Tampa just solved their cap problem by picking up Seabrook's contract.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad