2021 VGK off season discussion thread

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Seems he really wants to be here to go Cup chasing next year. You know he had to have gotten at least 1 multi-year offer with more AAV than this when you look at some of these contracts that have been handed out.

I think they might have even told him that he could be playing on the 4th line with the looks of that offer and he was fine with it.

Now let’s do Carrier. How does a 4th line of Janmark-Howden-Roy sound? Not the bashing we are used to but some actual scoring ability.

Janmark and Roy sounds pretty good. Maybe this Howden kid can really take off with them. I like Patrick as 4c even better though.

Speaking of injured Cs who got traded then flipped for another C...how badly does NYR want Jack and can Buffalo stop a team from flipping him?:popcorn:

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
Janmark and Roy sounds pretty good. Maybe this Howden kid can really take off with them. I like Patrick as 4c even better though.

Speaking of injured Cs who got traded then flipped for another C...how badly does NYR want Jack and can Buffalo stop a team from flipping him?:popcorn:

He would be better but I’m hoping Patrick emerges as our best C during the year and plays higher up.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Golden Knights done shopping, not expected to trade for Jack Eichel

Well, I read that headline as they aren't in the market to ACQUIRE any more guys. (But having some cap space and giving up a guy or to sounds like is till in the cards.)

That's true.

Technically we don't need anyone else to help us get under as long as Patrick gets only 1 million, as they could waive Carrier and if he gets picked up they're under or if the bulk of his cap is buried in the AHL they are still under with a 21 player roster.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
They can have Carrier back, too.

That’s most likely what you have to give up for Eichel: either Tuch + Krebs + 1st or Theodore + Krebs + 1st. With the injury, if they ask for more than that screw them.

It does not make sense to give up more than that.
Lol Adams is so desperate to not have a repeat of the O'Reilly trade that he's acting like his broken 1c is Draisaitl.

Brazen331

Jul 18, 2018
The roster won’t be completely settled and the Eichel rumors won’t stop until Buffalo moves him somewhere.

I’m thinking since the Sabres already have Dahlin and Power, they would prefer the home-state boy over Theodore as the roster piece portion from Vegas.

And since both Tuch and Eichel will start the season on IR….see, the speculation won’t stop until they make a move.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
If we want a Point-esque development curve of Krebs we would be looking for 40 points in 68 games.

Then only 66 and 92 points in the next two seasons. Then a few 70-something point pace seasons.

Easy.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I still say if NYR is willing to pay up for Eichel, there's a sort of 3-way deal to be made here. Vegas gets Mika, Lundkvist, NYR 1st(unprotected) in exchange for taking Eichel and sending him back East.

It just depends on what McCrimmon is willing to pony up to exchange for Mika, Lundkvist & that NYR 1st. Assuming Eichel is still worth all that...

It's kind of similar to the Karlsson/Hoffman deals.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
I still say if NYR is willing to pay up for Eichel, there's a sort of 3-way deal to be made here. Vegas gets Mika, Lundkvist, NYR 1st(unprotected) in exchange for taking Eichel and sending him back East.

It just depends on what McCrimmon is willing to pony up to exchange for Mika, Lundkvist & that NYR 1st. Assuming Eichel is still worth all that...

If the rumors of Zibanejad wanting 10m per are true we need to steer clear. He's not worth that kind of dough. I'd be fine just renting him for a 1st+ at the deadline though if the Rangers are out of the playoff picture.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
If the rumors of Zibanejad wanting 10m per are true we need to steer clear. He's not worth that kind of dough. I'd be fine just renting him for a 1st+ at the deadline though if the Rangers are out of the playoff picture.

65-75m is his ask right now to stay in NY according to Brooks, but he might take significantly less in Nevada. I think he might be willing to accept 8.5m x 6, which would give Vegas 7 years vs 5 years of Eichel uncertainty at 10m. That's on top of a top prospect + their 1st in the Wright draft.

That's not even getting into the 10m cap hit they can't fit, the potential baggage + the controversial surgical procedure he wants.

Last edited:

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

I'd want more. They had a pretty good year in a brutal division and are getting better, their first is not likely to be better than 15-20 with Eichel, even for part of the season.

They would have to trade Lundqvist, Schneider and a 1st to upgrade from Zibanejad to Eichel. We shouldn't ask for less if we are facilitating an Eichel trade during a time when we need a center just like him and are trying to compete right now ourselves.

On top of that they have to pay us to burn a bridge with a trading partner. We likely have sour relations with Buffalo the length of time the Pegulas can hold a grudge, they're the ones who want him in the west. They would need to make it worth our while.

Smith-Zibanejad
Krebs-Lundkvist
Hague-Schneider
1st-slightly earlier 1st

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I'd want more. They had a pretty good year in a brutal division and are getting better, their first is not likely to be better than 15-20 with Eichel, even for part of the season.

They would have to trade Lundqvist, Schneider and a 1st to upgrade from Zibanejad to Eichel. We shouldn't ask for less if we are facilitating an Eichel trade during a time when we need a center just like him and are trying to compete right now ourselves.

On top of that they have to pay us to burn a bridge with a trading partner. We likely have sour relations with Buffalo the length of time the Pegulas can hold a grudge, they're the ones who want him in the west. They would need to make it worth our while.

Smith-Zibanejad
Krebs-Lundkvist
Hague-Schneider
1st-slightly earlier 1st

Only offer sheeting burns bridges, and that's in rare cases.

Dorion traded Karlsson to the Sharks just a month after they flipped Hoffman back to their own division, and traded Stone to Vegas after they were pissed about Methot.

It all comes down to this: do you want a 10m broken down superstar for 5 years, or a less talented albeit legit 1c for less money and more term - plus assets?

Reactions: Vegan Knight

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
Only offer sheeting burns bridges, and that's in rare cases.

Dorion traded Karlsson to the Sharks just a month after they flipped Hoffman back to their own division, and traded Stone to Vegas after they were pissed about Methot.

It all comes down to this: do you want a 10m broken down superstar for 5 years, or a less talented albeit legit 1c for less money and more term - plus assets?

The Pegulas being owners and specifically not wanting him in New York might cause friction for a few years. And I think Eichel will be fine after surgery.

I'd still want Schneider added regardless. I believe in Krebs and if it isn't Eichel he's going for with a package that includes Hague and a 1st I still want more than Lundkvist and a 1st. We can throw in a 2nd or something but I'd want it to be more of a benefit for us, we're the ones facilitating something when we could just take Eichel ourselves.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
The Pegulas being owners and specifically not wanting him in New York might cause friction for a few years. And I think Eichel will be fine after surgery.

I'd still want Schneider added regardless. I believe in Krebs and if it isn't Eichel he's going for with a package that includes Hague and a 1st I still want more than Lundkvist and a 1st. We can throw in a 2nd or something but I'd want it to be more of a benefit for us, we're the ones facilitating something when we could just take Eichel ourselves.

I'd also be worried about how Eichel has been dealing with this extreme discomfort. That's all I'll say.

Schneider is good but is he that much better than Korczak? They both bring more of what Whitecloud provides on the right side. Lundkvist edged out a very good prospect in Seider for SHL defenseman of the year and the Rangers can afford to part with him after the season Fox had. Prospects like him and Cormier would be welcome additions as Martinez plays out his contract and Pietrangelo (according to HFboards) 'turns to dust' in 4-5 years.

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
I'd also be worried about how Eichel has been dealing with this extreme discomfort. That's all I'll say.

Schneider is good but is he that much better than Korczak? They both bring more of what Whitecloud provides on the right side. Lundkvist edged out a very good prospect in Seider for SHL defenseman of the year and the Rangers can afford to part with him after the season Fox had. Prospects like him and Cormier would be welcome additions as Martinez plays out his contract and Pietrangelo (according to HFboards) 'turns to dust' in 4-5 years.
Seider won defenseman of the year this past season. I disagree about that as there was one defenseman I liked more(not Lundkvist), but w/e.

What Lundkvist won is the Swedish-born best SHL defenseman award.

Reactions: K1900L and CupInSIX

Haguerbomb

JACK EICHEL IS A SC CHAMPION
Oct 5, 2019
Our latest information is that Vegas, though strenuously cap-strapped, remains serious about making a deal for Eichel. Indeed, even while adding a net $3.3 million to the cap in acquiring Evgenii Dadonov from the Senators in exchange for Nick Holden, Golden Knights GM Kelly McCrimmon may have been preparing to send multiple assets the other way.

:shakehead

From a latest NY Post article by Larry Brooks.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
:shakehead

From a latest NY Post article by Larry Brooks.

Who the f*** knows honestly. On one hand, we have reports like this saying that Vegas is still in on Vegas. On the other hand, we have Mcrimmon himself saying that he is not looking to add anybody else.

For all we know, Mcrimmon is just saying that so he doesn't lose any leverage.

Haguerbomb

JACK EICHEL IS A SC CHAMPION
Oct 5, 2019
Who the f*** knows honestly. On one hand, we have reports like this saying that Vegas is still in on Vegas. On the other hand, we have Mcrimmon himself saying that he is not looking to add anybody else.

For all we know, Mcrimmon is just saying that so he doesn't lose any leverage.
GM Foley and his sidekicks McCrimmon & McPhee are gonna do something stupid. McCrimmon was lying through his teeth saying there would be no more moves.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

You know what, I confused Lundkvist and Chytil. I would want a 1st, Lundkvist/Schneider, Chytil and a final year Zibanejad to facilitate a trade for them.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018
I don't know about this narrative of mortgaging the future for Eichel, he's 25 himself and I am a believer in Krebs but our prospects as a group are probably average across the league.

If we try to develop from inside we could easily find ourselves with an aging and declining group of stars combined with a young team that's middle of the league in as soon as three or four seasons, less than Eichel's deal that ends before he's thirty.

I'm fine either way with him or not, I just don't see it as mortgaging the future.

Reactions: BuffaloKatanas

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
If Eichel is healthy for the duration of the contract I'd have zero issue selling the farm for him. Top 10 centers pretty much never get traded. His health is the big if though. Who knows what the Vegas doctors think on the situation?

trueblue231930

Nov 4, 2008
Hey guys. I saw mcrimmon talk about not looking to add any more to the roster. But I’m curious what you guys think would need to be added in a Ryan strome for Reilly smith proposal?

gallant’s love for him is well documented and the salaries are super close so there may be some mutual interest if you guys are still looking for another top 6 center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->