2021 VGK off season discussion thread

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team is like the opposite of my other team the Senators.

That team refuses to spend money and get close to the cap.

The Knights on the other hand keep on spending money to the point where they have to play cap gymnastics throughout the season.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Reaves AND Carrier out would technically work as long as Patrick comes in under 1.3~.

Patches-Stephenson-Stone
Misfits
Dadonov-Patrick-Tuch
Janmark-Howden-Roy
Kolsear

If they could manage that it's miles better depth wise than they've had.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
Besides not knowing what's going on that's a great deal for Janmark right?

Yes that's pretty cheap considering some of the other insanity that went on today. It's 225k more than Reaves so it's a no brainer as long as they can find a taker for him (NYR?).

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I mean yes the Knights still have 2 rfas to sign, but they really only need to worry about 1 when it comes to the cap.

I have no doubt Coghlan is going to get another 2-way contract, which i believe doesn't count towards the cap unless the call him up from the minors.

Patricks is the one they need to worry about since his will be a 1-way.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
I mean yes the Knights still have 2 rfas to sign, but they really only need to worry about 1 when it comes to the cap.

I have no doubt Coghlan is going to get another 2-way contract, which i believe doesn't count towards the cap unless the call him up from the minors.

Patricks is the one they need to worry about since his will be a 1-way.

Coghlan is no longer waiver exempt. So either he's the 7th D at this point or they risk sending him down.

Also 1 way/2way has nothing to do with anything other than the actual dollars paid. Anyone under a million doesn't count against the cap in the AHL.

VEGASKING

Dec 23, 2002
Sin City
www.facebook.com
Smith only has 1 year left right? Makes sense that he'd be the one to go. I doubt they want to re-sign what will be a 31 year old to another 5 or 6 year deal at the same term he's at now which he should get in FA. Tuch can move up and you've got Krebs waiting in the wings.

I didn't realize Dadonov is 32. I wonder what Mike Hoffman is looking for. Coming off a 1 year deal. Would've preferred him over Dadonov but if he wants 3+ years then you probably pass. All 3 players mentioned are 30+ so depending on what Hoffman does it looks like Dadonov will be the only one signed short term. If they're not getting an Eichel type I don't know why they're essentially swapping Smith for Dadonov. Let him play out the year and let him walk.

The Duck Knight

Feb 6, 2012
According to a website i use, Coghlan is already down in the minors.

There is no such thing as "in the minors" in the offseason. They may have it listed like that because he finished the year there. The only way he can play in Henderson this year is if we sneak him through waivers.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Here comes Tarasenko!
VGK desperately need wingers, after all.

According to a website i use, Coghlan is already down in the minors.

Unless this site is wrong:
Vegas Golden Knights Salary Cap, Draft Picks, and Player Contracts - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

I think that's because of the taxi squad situation from last year. Their site must automatically put him in the minors for 21-22 because he barely played last season but he's either making the club as 7d, traded or waived(highly unlikely).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad