Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v3 | Next: Wed, May 5 | @ OAK| 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT | Ray vs Bassitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
If Springer is available to hit and they're not PH here then Montoyo can get lost. They could have Springer here, and then double switch Espinal to the 9 spot for Jansen and Adams to the 7th spot.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
There's been 5 flay balls go way father than I expected them to tonight and somehow all 5 have been from the A's. I can't remember a single ball off a Jays bat that carried way more than expected

StevenB

Oct 7, 2014
North York
There's been 5 flay balls go way father than I expected them to tonight and somehow all 5 have been from the A's. I can't remember a single ball off a Jays bat that carried way more than expected
Part of Moneyball tactics includes figuring out the players with a high eBCFTE (expected balls carrying farther than expected)

Reactions: CherryToke

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I hit a game winner HR with Alomar in The Show. Can't tell if that's a good omen or bad.

(I want to get rid of him but i'm trying to get that special Biggio lol)

Reactions: PanniniClaus

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Something is amiss here with Springer. He is not in the lineup again. What's going on here?

I think they're being super extra careful now with him because they put him in the lineup before he was maybe 100% and an issue flared up right away. They're paying him a stupid amount of money so they can't exactly afford to have him come back at 70-80% on an easily reaggrivated leg injury and end up with him blowing out a quad and being done for an extended period of time.

feels like a "we'll rest him for a week now so that we're not without him for 3 months later on." sort of thing. Will it work out OK? One would hope so, but time will tell.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
You would think it would be fine since even without Springer that lineup has the depth to cover for him. Teo, Vlad, Bo and Grichuk are all hitting the ball well to disgustingly well to open the season.

Not to mention you got a perfectly good bat in Rowdy sitting at the alternate site as you try to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad