Blue Jays GDT: 2021 v3 | Next: Wed, May 5 | @ OAK| 9:30pm ET/6:30pm PT | Ray vs Bassitt

Status
Not open for further replies.

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
Excited to see Kay tonight.

Little rewind to last night...Matz will be up and down but i like his stuff. Really didn't like the temper tantrum at 90 pitches..I hope he's not a pitcher that gets in his own head and comes unglued.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Kay gets a weak ground ball out of the 1st hitter and it's a single, he strikes out that last guy twice but doesn't get the call and he doubles home 2. This feeling like his first start already.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Not an ideal situation to say the least. You burned the bullpen a good amount last night and now it looks like you're probably going to need it at least by the 5th again, if not sooner.

This is straight up unsustainable. This isn't even considering they got a good amount of work in the Atlanta series too.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Woohoo for bullpen days for the next month until Charlie works up the courage to use Kay again

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Not an ideal situation to say the least. You burned the bullpen a good amount last night and now it looks like you're probably going to need it at least by the 5th again, if not sooner.

??? The only 2 guys in the pen that pitched last night were Bergen and Mayza.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
No starting pitching. Matz is probably more like the guy we have seen last 2 starts than the guy we have seen first couple of starts. Ray is inconsistent. Nobody else right now. It's unbelievable, the team doesn't have a starting rotation. Ryu and that's it. Nobody else that's reliable.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
I'm confused by people tuning out on this game. The Jays have scored 5+ runs in 11 of their 27 games so far this season (or, if you prefer, 11 of their 14 wins)

Very few games are out of reach for the offence this club can produce on a nightly basis.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
No starting pitching. Matz is probably more like the guy we have seen last 2 starts than the guy we have seen first couple of starts. Ray is inconsistent. Nobody else right now. It's unbelievable, the team doesn't have a starting rotation. Ryu and that's it.

Too early to say anything on Matz or Ray. We can't forget Matz balled the **** in his first 3 starts and then was solid in this 4th. Ray is probably an average pitcher but he's another guy who has more good than bad in his career.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I'm confused by people tuning out on this game. The Jays have scored 5+ runs in 11 of their 27 games so far this season (or, if you prefer, 11 of their 14 wins)

Very few games are out of reach for the offence this club can produce on a nightly basis.

Probably has a lot to do with the fact it's late. Not all of us can live on the West Coast. They tune in knowing they probably won't watch it all because it's late and falling behind early might expediate that decision.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Probably has a lot to do with the fact it's late. Not all of us can live on the West Coast. They tune in knowing they probably won't watch it all because it's late and falling behind early might expediate that decision.

Psh. Sleep is for the weak. If I can get up at like 5am for when TSN starts trade deadline or UFA signing day coverage, you guys back east can stick it out until midnight for a ball game. :P

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Too early to say anything on Matz or Ray. We can't forget Matz balled the **** in his first 3 starts and then was solid in this 4th. Ray is probably an average pitcher but he's another guy who has more good than bad in his career.

Yea, but can you say you know what you're getting from them each start? I don't think so. Matz can look like a solid #2 one start then a #5 the next. Ray can look great one start, the next start he is walking the ballpark.

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
Psh. Sleep is for the weak. If I can get up at like 5am for when TSN starts trade deadline or UFA signing day coverage, you guys back east can stick it out until midnight for a ball game. :P
well truthfully you probably could sleep in till 9 on the trade deadline nothing really starts till than lol. but yes will stay up to watch this game. im no weakling lol

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010

I work until 11, and will likely be awake at least 2 hours after that anyway, so there's no chance I'm sleeping before this game ends. Just explaining the potential logic of others.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Yea, but can you say you know what you're getting from them each start? I don't think so. Matz can look like a solid #2 one start then a #5 the next. Ray can look great one start, the next start he is walking the ballpark.

How many teams have multiple pitchers that you know what you will get from each start? The majority of teams have multiple question marks with their pitchers. The problem the Jays have, is they don't have starters. They have Matz, Ryu, Stripling, and Ray.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad