Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
Interested to see how Swayman looks against NHL level talent when camp opens. He's the goalie prospect im most excited about, but I've also followed him the closest.

Few other things im interested to see:

-Whose paired w/ McAvoy and how does he look away from Chara

- Craig Smith in general

- Does Stud's force someone out of the line-up

- 2015 Draftees still looking to crack the line-up, can they make an impact?

How will McAvoy look away from Chara? He will look taller

barstool

Nov 22, 2014
What does Roslovic bring that isn’t another “can he take the next step” player? And honestly asking as I don’t have much knowledge of him. What’s his style of play?

I just put the name out there after reading Boston was interested in a holdout

Jim

Mar 11, 2002
Rochester NY
Half of Bruins nation would have waived him just to get him off the roster by end. I remember distinctly how bad he got jeered at live games. The reality is that Wheeler is an even better player than Tyler Seguin, yet people constantly relive the "mistake" of letting Seguin go, but no one says the same about Wheeler.
Seguin played 190 less games and has more goals. Wheeler hasn’t broken the 30 goal mark. Despite the additional seasons in the NHL, Wheeler has had 4 seasons over 70 pts (albeit 2 superior seasons at 91 pts) vs Seguin’s 6 (max 80 & 84).

The comparison to Thornton, especially considering the time period he was putting up big numbers, is going to look worse.

Maybe you think he has a defensive game that bridges the gap. He ain’t Bergeron. There’s a reason Wheeler, beyond the fact his return helped us win a cup (while Seguin/Thornton’s return made us look like idiots).....he doesn’t compare.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Bet ya Wolff is a Bruin longer than Sweeney or Cassidy.

Yes I would be thrilled about this and the sooner the better

Dude, sometimes you throw logic right out the window. I get you like bigger, tougher and nastier players (SO DO I) but you don't seem to be interested in the most important quality of them all , TALENT.

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I like the idea of seeing who among the young D-men can grab a spot, but I worry about having too little experience on the D squad even if they do. That's why I hope at least one of Moore or Miller can prove to be a consistent presence. Especially by the time playoffs roll around, having 1/3 or 1/2 of the D corps being rookies is not a formula for success, regardless of talent. The "established" guys – McAvoy, Carlo and Grizz – aren't even that experienced, although they've seen playoff action.

That's a good point but I don't think you're any further ahead retaining Chara and Krug. I know you didn't say that, just sayin'.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
IIRC Wheeler didn't have the "pedigree" that Thornton & Seguin had when they came into the league. Plus Winnipeg isn't a marquee location in the NHL.

No he didn't but what does Winnepeg have to do with anything , he was traded to Atlanta.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
OK, but he didn't have the hype that both Thornton & Seguin had when they were drafted- they were considered "can't miss", I don't recall that being said of Wheeler. But then again I'm getting on & have trouble remembering :laugh: :wally:

Hype by today's standards? No, but 13-14 years ago social media wasn't really a big thing either. There were a lot of teams trying to sign him even though it costed a 2nd rounder.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Dude, sometimes you throw logic right out the window. I get you like bigger, tougher and nastier players (SO DO I) but you don't seem to be interested in the most important quality of them all , TALENT.
It was more a dig at Cassidy/Sweeney and how long I hope they last.

In reality I expect a year or two minimum for Wolff in Providence and hope he becomes a McQuaid level sixth D who can kill penalties and play 15 minutes a night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad