Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Are they actually on the ice tomorrow, or is it testing and all that stuff?

Surprised they didn't have one last captain's :confused: practice today

Bodit9

Oct 22, 2016
Upstate NY
Can't wait to see if any young guys assert themselves to permanently take a job, specifically Frederic, Stud, Lauzy, & Little Z. Also, if Ritchie can find his game.

Reactions: Blowfish and kjpm

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Then entire D corps intrigues me. The obvious ones like Lauzon, Zboril, Vaak. Does Grizz take that next step? Does Miller successfully return to play? The long shots like Achan and Wolff.

Does DeBrusk take the next step? Can Kase and Ritchie produce like they did in Anaheim, or even better? Does Bjork finally break through? Does TFred finally break the line-up?

All of these things aren't gonna happen but if even half of them do it's gonna be an interesting season.

There are a lot of things that can break a lot of different ways and I can't wait to see how things turn out. The Bruins can finish 1st (if things break their way) and they can finish last if they don't , I'm betting on the former.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Then entire D corps intrigues me. The obvious ones like Lauzon, Zboril, Vaak. Does Grizz take that next step? Does Miller successfully return to play? The long shots like Achan and Wolff.

Does DeBrusk take the next step? Can Kase and Ritchie produce like they did in Anaheim, or even better? Does Bjork finally break through? Does TFred finally break the line-up?

All of these things aren't gonna happen but if even half of them do it's gonna be an interesting season.

There are a lot of things that can break a lot of different ways and I can't wait to see how things turn out. The Bruins can finish 1st (if things break their way) and they can finish last if they don't , I'm betting on the former.

Edit: I can't believe I forgot Stud, looking for great things from him too.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I'm excited to see Swayman, Wolff and Ahcan against NHL'ers.

I'd like to see if Ritchie is skating with any more energy than what we saw last year.

Did Studnicka get any stronger?

Does Frederic look comfortable with NHL'ers?

I also think you can learn a lot from the line combinations and D-pairs.

Agree with all the above...I'm anxious to see camp surprises / out of left field to make the team because that player has gone all out to improve during covid to make the team.

My picks...Hughes (forgotten rebel) Federick and Zboril will stand out.

I want to be wrong about Zachary and Ritchie.

I'm anxious to learn more about Ahcan. Would be fantastic he becomes the next Krug.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Studnicka and Vaakanainen are best bets for major leap in development.

Ahcan is best bet for surprise newcomer.

Also looking at Bjork, Zboril and Lauzon, but looking for improvement, not major transformation.

Reactions: PlayMakers

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Are they actually on the ice tomorrow, or is it testing and all that stuff?

Surprised they didn't have one last captain's :confused: practice today

I'm betting today is just welcome to camp orientation, followed by two days on the ice, then an off day of course.

This team will practice six times before opening night.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
I'm betting today is just welcome to camp orientation, followed by two days on the ice, then an off day of course.

This team will practice six times before opening night.

When you think about it like that, this abbreviated camp is so bizarre... for these young kids, or really for any not assured a spot... you better bring it from day 1.

I think how Stud looks is the most important. Have to have an eye towards the future and start to really get a feel if he's going to be able to be a top 2 C for us. I'm also hoping he starts out next to Bergeron with Marchy.

Outside of that, the D. Zboril/Lauzy/Vak. Whose going to step up. Huge opportunity.

Then Seny/Ritchie/Bjork/Kase. Two guys traded at the deadline... are they in good shape and ready to roll? If they are they could be huge pieces.... Bjork... is he able to be what will all think he can be? And Seny... ohhhhhh Seny... show me something.

Reactions: BMC

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Wolff is my wild card but he's going to have one hell of a camp in order to knock off a vet or two. Stranger things have happened.

I'd say testing is today and then they get on the ice tomorrow for the first practice

kjpm

Sponsor
May 28, 2011
Wolff is my wild card but he's going to have one hell of a camp in order to knock off a vet or two. Stranger things have happened.

I'd say testing is today and then they get on the ice tomorrow for the first practice

Agreed, I'm very intrigued by both him and Ahcan. From the clips I've seen it looks like Wolff needs to tune up his skating before he's ready for the NHL but there's a lot to like there. I think he'll need a bit of time in the AHL but he could be a late season call up (if that's even possible this year?). A modern McQuaid type on the third pair would be very welcome without Chara.

Reactions: Gordoff and Alicat

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Is this the year 2015 draft makes a bigger impact ??

That's what ill be watching.

Will Seny, Zboril, and Lauzon finally make the full time leap.

In all total will the roster have 7 players from that draft year ?

Will also be watching big Nick wolff and hoping he makes a big impact and forces his way into the line-up. The bruins need a Wolff type player with the loss of Big Zee

aguineapig

Charlie you've passed your learners permit, now you drive the power play. Brandon you passed your as well, here's the keys to the defence. And we brought in this guy to lend a hand.
PJ-AT689_ptech_F_20100217201007.jpg

Don't ever count a good Malden Catholic boy out either. Out of all the Alou brothers I always wanted Filipe.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I am extremely excited to see how our LD shake out. We are going to see almost an entirely new D corps and I think it will be refreshing to see.

Reactions: TwineTickler

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
The guy I want to see live up to the hype he gets on this board is Carlo. Maybe Im missing something other than his great skating ability for a big kid.

He's my dark horse to be out of here before seasons end

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
About damn time the season is about to get underway. It was hard for me to get very excited about the bubble tourney, and of course the sudden ending of the regular season was a real bummer, although necessary.

So many question marks entering training camp. I guess the two main things I am most interested in seeing is 1) how the young D will perform, as a couple really need to step in and deliver, and 2) how much can Kase and Ritchie contribute. Kase was a complete disappointment in his limited time here last season, other than some flashy moves here and there. Ritchie showed some flashes of what he is capable of doing, but never was able to get into much of a groove. It will be a big time boost if both of those players can contribute to the degree DS was hoping when he brought them in.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The F group is better and deeper then the one that won the President’s Trophy

DeBrusk & Bjork should be better
Pastrnak will be healthier
Smith a good add
Studnicka & Frederic ready
Krejci & Bergeron reported healthy

the D loses Chara who was not good in the bubble. However that event was a train wreck.

Krug loss hurts especially on the PP and room and he was very competitive and not as bad defensively as some think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille