Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Really hope DK has a chip on his shoulder being an UFA and he finally gets Pasta for the entire year.

IMO, as great as our top line is...if Krejci is playing at an elite level (if he can still do that) he makes this team go.

Reactions: FONZIE and Gordoff

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Wolff is my wild card but he's going to have one hell of a camp in order to knock off a vet or two. Stranger things have happened.

I'd say testing is today and then they get on the ice tomorrow for the first practice
Monday, January 4 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Group A practice, 10:30 a.m. - 11:45 a.m.
-Group B practice, 12:15 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Tuesday, January 5 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Wednesday, January 6 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Thursday, January 7 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Friday, January 8 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Saturday, January 9 (Boston, MA)
-TBD
Sunday, January 10 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton)

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
The guy I want to see live up to the hype he gets on this board is Carlo. Maybe Im missing something other than his great skating ability for a big kid.

He's my dark horse to be out of here before seasons end

Carlo is a very good defensemen. Great skater, good defensive awareness and good range. I think he is physical enough--he hits to separate players from the puck, not to knock them out. That's actually what Cassidy and Sweeney prefer.

There is and always will be a large contingent of Bruins fans that will loath any player over 6'2 that does not make big hits and fight. Prime examples from recent times are Blake Wheeler and Dougie Hamilton.

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
Wolff can be a wild card because he's big play hard nasty old school hockey, can drop the glove, he can bring something missing on this team, he's 24...

I dont think Wolff isnt anywhere close to being an NHL player right now. Him making the roster is wishful thinking but not realistic. I believe he needs 2-3 season in the minors before being ready.

Reactions: PB37

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
I would love Wolff to be our next McQuaid. Size and toughness on the lower pair. Miller may or may not be the same player at age 33. I do not see it, so a Wolff in the camp is good. He is a total longshot but maybe as a reserve.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Carlo is a very good defensemen. Great skater, good defensive awareness and good range. I think he is physical enough--he hits to separate players from the puck, not to knock them out. That's actually what Cassidy and Sweeney prefer.

There is and always will be a large contingent of Bruins fans that will loath any player over 6'2 that does not make big hits and fight. Prime examples from recent times are Blake Wheeler and Dougie Hamilton.
I used to love watching Wheeler play.

Glad he learned how the offside rule works. For a while there I thought he was blind to the blue line.

kthx

Bedard to Bruins 2023
Apr 24, 2019
So it's McAvoy on PP1 and Grizz on PP2?
I wonder if it was Vatanen that they tried to PTO but he is just a worse Grzelcyk.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I used to love watching Wheeler play.

Glad he learned how the offside rule works. For a while there I thought he was blind to the blue line.

Half of Bruins nation would have waived him just to get him off the roster by end. I remember distinctly how bad he got jeered at live games. The reality is that Wheeler is an even better player than Tyler Seguin, yet people constantly relive the "mistake" of letting Seguin go, but no one says the same about Wheeler.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I'm interested to see/hear about Wolff, mostly because I've never seen him as an NHL calibre prospect, though that's based on limited Frozen Four viewings and some reading. I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but he's never seemed like the type of defenseman Cassidy and Sweeney prefer. Very much a Neely-style player.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

This will be something I may have been missing. I could care less if he fights but he's the least physical D man on the team. This is a sink or swim season for him.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
wondering this aswell
Can't name names, but the player they were presumably interested in is holding out for a contract.

I don't know if they can bring anyone in before sending anyone down.

Rules allow 36 skaters and unlimited goalies in camp. They are at that limit if you count Pastrnak and Miller, if the latter has been cleared.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Half of Bruins nation would have waived him just to get him off the roster by end. I remember distinctly how bad he got jeered at live games. The reality is that Wheeler is an even better player than Tyler Seguin, yet people constantly relive the "mistake" of letting Seguin go, but no one says the same about Wheeler.
Whatever happened to him in Winnipeg is pretty amazing really. His confidence was probably shot to hell in Boston by the time he was shipped out.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Trading Wheeler helped us win a Cup, so personally, i think it helped both teams out. We reached an end goal, they got a kid who improved his game and became an elite player.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut

Wheeler netted pieces that helped bring a Cup to Boston. That's why no one considers it a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad