Boston Bruins 2021 Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
While I agree with you. He just seems superfluous to me. His play does not raise the needle enough to make him a solid top 4 pairing guy. We have enough D to get us through for now, even veteran presence to cover for the kids in case they need backup. It makes no sense to me, if your going to add, add a top young LD or play the hand you got now. Especially with how Lauzon, Zboril, and Vaak have looked in camp. I don't see where Hutton is a need or even necessary if they get into injury trouble on the back end.
There isn't a young defenseman on the team right now that I'm super confident has the ability to do this:

huttobe93

Vancouver Ben Hutton fits best in the AHL.

LA Ben Hutton is super intriguing to me.

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
Would Beecher have been invited to camp if he hadn't been invited to play for Team USA Juniors (and then cut because of a positive Covid test), or is he still too young?

He isn't signed and is playing at Michigan so he wouldn't be eligible for the camp roster.

Reactions: HumBucker

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I actually wrote my part before camp. We couldn't get it done until yesterday because Reed was very busy getting things done for the Bulldogs and didn't have the time.

As for Anthony, (BruinsNetwork) could be some bigger and better things coming up for him. I will leave it at that until something becomes official.

Me? I'm stuck providing information for free here, on Twitter and @DKH phone. That makes me a loser!!
I think our phone conversations would be good listening although we been known to never get to hockey on a few (see we are well rounded)

Reactions: Fenway

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
After reading Dom's lineup projection with KM anchoring the 3rd pair it reminded me of something that I think a lot of us overlook/underestimate and that is just how much the players and coaches respect Kevan Miller.

I remember seeing an interview a few years ago with one of the younger players at the time (no idea who it was but I'm sure someone here does).

The player said something like --- you think you work hard and are in good shape and then you see Kevan Miller and realize you're not even close. (paraphrasing).

I agree with Dom and think he's a lock to start the season on the 3rd pair and kill penalties if he's healthy.
I don’t doubt his abilities when he’s playing, I doubt his ability to remain healthy.

In the past 6 seasons he’s played a hair over 50% of the games. He’s consistently injured. And let’s not discount the amount of games it takes a player to get his feel back. It sucks, especially considering he seems like a stellar human being and teammate.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I couldn't agree more with this statement however, but I don't think that needs pointing out or that that is any Bruins fan idea of a tough team .

With the return of Miller and the addition of TFred at forward , adding Zboril and Lauzon back for a full season, you are already a way tougher team than you were at the start of last season. Which was basically Chara .

Yes. Follow through. though I have no confidence that the Stockhom Bros. will do so.

Get rid of them.

Reactions: JOKER 192

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
I couldn't agree more with this statement however, but I don't think that needs pointing out or that that is any Bruins fan idea of a tough team .

With the return of Miller and the addition of TFred at forward , adding Zboril and Lauzon back for a full season, you are already a way tougher team than you were at the start of last season. Which was basically Chara .

Perhaps. But Miller has had a separated shoulder, as well as the knee issues.

No one is afraid of Mr. MIller.

Reactions: Gordoff

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Perhaps. But Miller has had a separated shoulder, as well as the knee issues.

No one is afraid of Mr. MIller.

Well if shoulder hasn't healed by now it never will. Knees , not really the most important body part in a hockey fight.

To be honest , I gave up on Miller years ago, I hope it works out because we could use a guy like him but I'm not betting a dime on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad