WC: 2021 Sweden Roster Talk

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Wingerli and Fröden should have played already against Denmark. They are one of the few Forwards who is doing good in all games.

Reactions: weklof

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I'd like to see Holmberg get another chance, move Lundeström off of the Olofsson line. Lundström has been great in the defensive zone and killing penalties, but he isn't creating anything forward. He should either be placed on pure defensive line or benched.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
screenshot_15-png.441111

mattihp is right, Fasth is terrible.

Guess who made most points for us, henrik tömmernäs. i wonder what Chimpradamus think about that. :laugh:

screenshot_16-png.441112

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017

Its "Upp till bevis" for Garpenlöv today! Win or leave as a NT-coach. He should know the Russians and their mentality well. Remembering him for some memorable wins over them as a player in Tre Kronor in the nineties and also a part of the dreaded"all Russian line" ;) Garpenlov -Fedorov - Larionov in the NHL

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Harsh but very fair.

Ishockeyförbundet ger kritiken rätt: ”Måste göras omtag”

Johan Stark, SIF's Secretary General, gives his input on it.

– Sedan tycker jag även att vi behöver ta upp debatten om ordet tävling som lite grann kapats av dåliga vuxna som inte kunnat hantera det. Det är ju själva essensen i idrott att vi tävlar och det här är väldigt mycket på vår agenda och fortsätter:
– Svensk hockey har en fantastisk logistik, grundstrukturen är väldigt imponerande. Men vi lever i en hela tiden föränderlig värld där fler och fler nationer blir bättre och starkare. Vill vi ligga kvar i toppen måste vi vara drivande och då gäller det att vara överens om var våra prioriteringar ligger.

Jesus christ. This is some of the most vague, meaningless stuff I've ever read.

Last edited:

Snauen

Dec 27, 2017
Jesus christ. This is some of the most vague, meaningless crap I've ever read.
Lol. Jepp. Is that a Swedish authority-broiler talking about Covid or a member of the SIF talking hockey, cant tell , its like the same blurred nonsense

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
screenshot_15-png.441111

mattihp is right, Fasth is terrible.

Guess who made most points for us, henrik tömmernäs. i wonder what Chimpradamus think about that. :laugh:

screenshot_16-png.441112
It helps playing double the games than the actual quality defenseman. But sure, I should calm down my criticism towards Tömmernes, he deserves that. He does what he can. I also have to admit he plays better now than he did in the start. Still, he's such a goddamn bonehead as a PP QB. He hurts my brain when I see him make offensive decisions at the blueline. Pleeeeaaase, don't we have anyone else than him there? No. No, we don't. Shoot me. Not mortally, just a shot in the leg.

Last edited:

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
So now we now giving the NT head coach job to someone who has never head coached on any level is a bad idea. Who would've thought?

Start giving the job to whatever best coach is available and willing each year. Isn't that what Canada does?

OskarOskarius

Jan 7, 2019
Big mistake not selecting more NHL players. Not saying this team wasn’t good enough to beat Denmark and Belarus, obviously it was and is, but it was never going to be a title contender.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Big mistake not selecting more NHL players. Not saying this team wasn’t good enough to beat Denmark and Belarus, obviously it was and is, but it was never going to be a title contender.

Unfortuntely, this team could have beaten any team in the tournament. But they didn't. No team has looked good.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Would have been enough to keep the Berggren-Wingerli-Fröden line intact to start the tournament. Sweden looked pretty decent once they got some chemistry going, but big mistake breaking up the one line they had with existing chemistry and results.
Garpen probably saw the schedule and figured the first couple of games would be automatic wins. Learning experience for him.

canswetoxic

Dec 29, 2015
Toronto
Would have been enough to keep the Berggren-Wingerli-Fröden line intact to start the tournament. Sweden looked pretty decent once they got some chemistry going, but big mistake breaking up the one line they had with existing chemistry and results.
Garpen probably saw the schedule and figured the first couple of games would be automatic wins. Learning experience for him.

2nd test is OS, good luck with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad