WC: 2021 Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I don't think there is any longer a scenario where Sweden doesn't get the full 6pts in the two games remaining and still advance.

I think we can still miss the QF even if get 12 pts:

- Russia takes a point from Belarus in their last games (13-15pts)
- Switzerland gets at least 4pts from Great Britain and Belarus 13-15pts
- Czech Republic beats Denmark (2-3pts) and Slovakia after OT/SO (2pts). 12-13 pt
- Slovakia gets a point from Czech Republic: 13pts
- Sweden out with 12pts

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
There actually is a scenario where Sweden can qualify for the QF without 12 pts, that is if Switzerland only managed 2 pts or less versus Belarus and Great Britain, but yeah, the won't happen

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Frölunda and Växjö will not let Rönnberg and Halam go for Tre Kronor? I think that choosing a coach is a huge weakness for Sweden. Does Rönnberg want to train with Tre Kronor or would he rather stay and work for Frölunda?
Reactions to the score and the development of the match are not good if Sweden gets a goal. There is no right reaction, only disappointed and hopeless, no faith in victory. I don't think this team has a chance at a medal, certainly not because of the quality in defense. But a stupid two minutes for Lindberg gave the Czech Republic a chance to turn around, and at that moment Sweden lost the match. Garpenlöv did nothing at all, he just passively stood on the bench. At such a moment, the main coach has to show that he believes in victory. Because the players react to the coach in the match and the Swedish coach failed.

Kibe

Regular User
Jan 17, 2012
Helsinki
So do u guys think that in the big picture it's better to not make the QF? So the "old boys club" wont have an excuse to not fire the coach?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
So do u guys think that in the big picture it's better to not make the QF? So the "old boys club" wont have an excuse to not fire the coach?

the problem is, even if garpenlöv gets fired, he is gonna replaced by someone like monten, who is also useless. the whole swedish federation needs to get fired, not just the coaches. i would kill my own parents to have jalonen as our coach.

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Too be honest, I don't think Garpenlöv will be fired after this. They will use the "oh, it is an unusual year with the pandemic" to justify keeping him on

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
the problem is, even if garpenlöv gets fired, he is gonna replaced by someone like monten, who is also useless. the whole swedish federation needs to get fired, not just the coaches. i would kill my own parents to have jalonen as our coach.

There are numbers to call if you need help.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Too be honest, I don't think Garpenlöv will be fired after this. They will use the "oh, it is an unusual year with the pandemic" to justify keeping him on

Yeah, he's not getting fired. I think he'll regret taking the job though.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
[QUOTE = "Eye of Ra, příspěvek: 178371605, člen: 76518"] Finska sågningen: Sparka Garpenlöv

Hannu Jortika sdílí své názory na Garpenlöv. [/ QUOTE]

jak je možné, že se skaut a asistent trenéra, aniž by vedl jakýkoli tým jako hlavní trenér, nakonec stane trenérem Švédska?

That's not possible, there's no logic in that. Swedish Hockey Federation has a problem choosing a coach from SHL?

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
[QUOTE = "Eye of Ra, příspěvek: 178371605, člen: 76518"] Finska sågningen: Sparka Garpenlöv

Hannu Jortika sdílí své názory na Garpenlöv. [/ QUOTE]

jak je možné, že se skaut a asistent trenéra, aniž by vedl jakýkoli tým jako hlavní trenér, nakonec stane trenérem Švédska?

That's not possible, there's no logic in that. Swedish Hockey Federation has a problem choosing a coach from SHL?

The Swedish can't afford (are unwilling to sepnd) on an SHL coach. They want to "recruit from within". The last coach that was recruited from SHL and not from the WJC or assistant coach role was Bengt-Åke Gustafsson.

Gobben

Jan 22, 2019

What happens in the short run is a bit unimportant to me.

If something is wrong I am sure it will eventually be corrected, and maybe a few years of mediocrity will just make future wins seem all the better.

Phil McKraken

Jul 13, 2010
Sweden
The one *realistic shot we have is to get 3 points against Russia and hope Slovakia vs the Czech Republic doesn't go to OT.

Feels like a blowout is more likely than getting even one point against Russia though.

*Assuming Switzerland, Russia and the Czech Republic get at least one point each against GB, Belarus and Denmark.

Chimpradamus

Feb 16, 2006
Northern Sweden
Even if this clown show manages to win against Russia - which they most probably won't - the chances of advancing are still very slim. Hopefully this would create a ruckus within the incompetent and deeply corrupt Swedish hockey federation, but we all know it won't happen. That is the real shame.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Sellgren> Lööv
Johansson> Dahlbeck
Berggren> Friberg
Friberg> Mario
Pilut> Tommernes na PP1

[MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
I really hope Garpenlöv moves Rakell off of the Lindholm line for tonigths game. Lindberg 0+0, Lindholm 0+0, Rakell 1+1 and his points was scored on the PP with other players. Wasting our most talented forward.

It seems like he was testing Sörensen - A. Kempe - Rakell, during the game. That would be fine, another solution could be to switch Friberg and Rakell so that Rakell can take the role Berggren had on that line and Friberg can go back to being a shutdown forward.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad