WC: 2021 Sweden Roster Talk

weklof

Jan 30, 2009
Solna, Sweden
Karlsson is going to come back next season, just wait and see.

No one would be happier than me, he is a high risk, high reward kind of player. In his prime his superb skating allowed him to be a force offensively and still skate back and break up plays at the other hand. But as injuries have hampered him, nowadays he often gets caught out of position. I had hopes he would have rebound season this year with the long pause and the chance to heal, but it was more of the same.

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
That was one of the best things about Grönborg, and I think that is why he was so successful. He was coach for a lot of these players in U20s and then kept a good relationship with them when they went to the NHL. The Grönborg teams were loaded and I think he should get credit for getting them to suit up for Sweden. At the end of Mårts tenure, very few NHLers came. Keeping a good relationship with the NHLers is the most important part of the job. All players are banged up at the end of the season, so it is always easy to find an injury to blame if you don't want to come, but with Grönborg they came

That's right, a Swedish coach should prefer NHL players to those in the SHL or other European leagues at such a player base. Ideally, at the end of march, to adress the first players fromt the team who lost their chances for the playoffs. At the begining of april, then call the players who know they will advance to the playoffs. Grönborg would be a great GM, communicative, friendly and popular with NHL players. As a coach last tournament, I was disappointed by how much time Loui got on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad