OT - NO POLITICS 2021- Summer on the horizon edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Crashed my AtV June 19th .Still in hospital.Shattered Pelvis and right hip.Had to drill hole in my leg above knee and insert pin to get leverage to put my leg back in.Broke every rib on right side and 2 on left side.Collapsed Lung and broke my back in 2 places.The back breaks were stable Thank God.Finally with use of a walker on my feet a bit.Heres hoping with this physio I can get home in near future .Been reading alot and saw today Bruins resigned Carlo.That made me smile a bit.Go Bruins.ps Love to enjoy the end of summer God willing.
:eek::confused:

Wow!! Prayers for a good recovery.

And cookies. You get all the cookies.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Mirror, mirror.... not on the wall. o_O

Came home to this discovery. The mirror relocated itself. Somehow it didn't break at all, the only damage was one of the connectors on the back of the frame came loose with the wire.

I'm glad this happened while I wasn't at home. I've been watching videos that a couple engineers have been posting about the Champlain Towers collapse and I probably would have freaked out if I heard this giant mirror crashing to the ground. :help: o_O

I should probably stop watching those videos, lol. But they are kind of fascinating.

20210714_171216.jpg

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Mirror, mirror.... not on the wall. o_O

Came home to this discovery. The mirror relocated itself. Somehow it didn't break at all, the only damage was one of the connectors on the back of the frame came loose with the wire.

I'm glad this happened while I wasn't at home. I've been watching videos that a couple engineers have been posting about the Champlain Towers collapse and I probably would have freaked out if I heard this giant mirror crashing to the ground. :help: o_O

I should probably stop watching those videos, lol. But they are kind of fascinating.

View attachment 453070
Yikes!

I'd say stop watching those videos but I am just as guilty of watching videos on things you probably shouldn't watch before bed

Reactions: rfournier103

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Crashed my AtV June 19th .Still in hospital.Shattered Pelvis and right hip.Had to drill hole in my leg above knee and insert pin to get leverage to put my leg back in.Broke every rib on right side and 2 on left side.Collapsed Lung and broke my back in 2 places.The back breaks were stable Thank God.Finally with use of a walker on my feet a bit.Heres hoping with this physio I can get home in near future .Been reading alot and saw today Bruins resigned Carlo.That made me smile a bit.Go Bruins.ps Love to enjoy the end of summer God willing.
Good Lord :eek:.

When you do something you really go for it.

Be sure to follow the Doc's advise and do whatever they tell you too.

Sending healing thoughts. Take care

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Had a Bruce dream Monday night - just the usual - Bruce & I were very best friends and I was hanging out at his house, all caž and whatnot.

Tuesday morning I got a notification that I had won the Springsteen on Broadway lottery to purchase tickets for Wednesday night's show at the low low price of $80 (they normally run $75 - 850 :eek:). Called my Bruce running mate and procured the tix without delay.

Wednesday would have been my mom's birthday, and the last time I saw her was a year ago on that day. She passed away 10 days later after a 10-year struggle with Parkinson's. I truly can't say if she knew I was there on that last visit, but I'm glad I went to VA in the midst of Covid.

The show is full of ghosts - Bruce's dad, his high school buddies who didn't come back from Vietnam, Clarence & Danny from the E St Band, and lastly his mom, who is now 96 but 10 years into Alzheimer's and can no longer speak, stand or feed herself. She does still recognize Bruce and reaches out to "dance" with him when he visits.

It's not really as maudlin as I'm making it sound. It's also a really funny show. He's got a lot of rock star self-deprecating humor and hilarious stories of Growin Up. Patti joins him for two songs which are a definite highlight.

All in all an emotional roller coaster, closing with a recitation of the Our Father and the message that we may live with our ghosts and even draw joy from them. He's replaced Born to Run with I'll See You in My Dreams for the closer, with my heartfelt approval.

I'll see you in my dreams
When all the summers have come to an end
We'll meet and live and love again
Yeah, up around the river bend
For death is not the end
And I'll see you in my dreams

We are finally going to lay Mom's ashes to rest next week on the anniversary of her death. I'm looking forward to sharing some time with my family. :heart:

Last edited:

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012

"I've played through worse"

- Bergy

In all seriousness, damn, hoping for the best in your recovery.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
So last week when I told my job I had covid my manager made a joke that I just wanted 10 days off. Now part of me wants to go to the GM and complain because I didnt find the joke funny AND this manager has a history of saying in appropriate things to people. I think I may play it by ear when I get back tho. I need to be on my best behavior so I can transfer in Jan/Feb

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
So last week when I told my job I had covid my manager made a joke that I just wanted 10 days off. Now part of me wants to go to the GM and complain because I didnt find the joke funny AND this manager has a history of saying in appropriate things to people. I think I may play it by ear when I get back tho. I need to be on my best behavior so I can transfer in Jan/Feb
Was it tasteless, yes but you should have told him up front that you didn't care for his joke

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma

Yes that's a pretty tasteless joke imo. If it was a coworker that's one thing but your boss can't make that comment.

Reactions: EverettMike

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Dudes got in trouble for his mouth before. Even as recent as like last month. Someone was already wanting to leave the department, he said something and management made it easier for the dude to leave. Whatever tho. Ill just keep to myself.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
sounds like the post office

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
sounds like the post office

Work for a great company but like most great companies not every location is great or has the best managers.

in the last year along with covid we have gotten a new GM and 2 new AGMs and now I hear one those AGMs is leaving after she like re-did and restructured most of our floor. Good for her tho shes going to a building more suited for her.

Im glad im good with the right people in management. The GM and other AGM im on good terms with.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Another Halloween movie is coming out in October too.

Jamie lee Curtis is 62 and has been fighting Michael Myers since she was 19.

used to LOVE the Halloween movies. Stopped following them after Rob Zombie butchered the series.

but also Myers never dies. He was never even a magical character like freddy or jason but somehow hes become that over the years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad