Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
And we all just had masks off
3E43BA5E-26B1-4B72-A480-2F0BBB9A4D3B.jpeg

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
After procrastinating, I have (finally) joined the ranks of the vaccinated. I work from home, have lived a reclusive lifestyle for years, have groceries delivered, and am in tip-top health (my hobby is jumping rope, which I do all the time).

When the vaccines were first rolled out, I tentatively planned on getting it in June. Since I'm in the low-risk category, I didn't want to cut in front of people who needed it more than me. I was busier than expected in June, and we had a few weather events that kept me close to home.

I'll also admit, even at 53, I don't do needles well - at all! But my younger sister brought me and even held my hand. :nod: I've had others give me varying accounts of how gentle (or rough) the person administering the shot was. The young lady that did mine couldn't have been gentler, and I thanked her emphatically. I barely noticed it!

I got the J & J, so I'm in the 2 week wait and I'm done. Another apprehension of mine was I couldn't be out of commission for days due to work, if I had aftereffects. It's now been over 48 hours; and while there is a little soreness still in the arm, I haven't had any bad side effects.

I feel relieved and thank my little sis, who is doing what she can for her relatives and friends.

The only downside is my 2 goofy friends who have been wanting to come by for a visit. I no longer have an excuse.;)

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com
Please, I don't want anyone to die of COVID. Please get vaccinated for yourself, your loved ones, and your fellow citizens.

US is split between the vaccinated and unvaccinated – and deaths and hospitalizations reflect this divide

"On July 16, 2021, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky revealed that 99.5% of recent U.S. deaths from COVID-19 were of unvaccinated people. “Those deaths were preventable with a simple, safe shot,” she said. In Early July, Fauci said that 99.2% of people who died recently were unvaccinated. In the state of Maryland, every patient who died from COVID-19 in June was unvaccinated."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad