WC: 2021 Slovakia Roster Talk

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Cehlarik and Hrivik are locks. I assume they are not very hungry for traning games.

Yeah, when it comes down to it, guys like Cehlarik and Hrivik are players Slovakia are gonna have to rely on if they're gonna have a chance against other "middle nations" at the World Championship. Thus, it makes sense to give them PP so they have time to work on things. But adding Panik and Sekera would really help the man advantage.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Yeah, when it comes down to it, guys like Cehlarik and Hrivik are players Slovakia are gonna have to rely on if they're gonna have a chance against other "middle nations" at the World Championship. Thus, it makes sense to give them PP so they have time to work on things. But adding Panik and Sekera would really help the man advantage.

their linemate in leksand was camper, a small fast skilled player. kristof could work with them. thought the shl playoffs showed that cehlarik and hrivik was not good against big physical players such as stefan warg and rasmus rissanen, they where shut down completely maybe they need a big physical player with them, like Panik or Martin Pospisil.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
their linemate in leksand was camper, a small fast skilled player. kristof could work with them. thought the shl playoffs showed that cehlarik and hrivik was not good against big physical players such as stefan warg and rasmus rissanen, they where shut down completely maybe they need a big physical player with them, like Panik or Martin Pospisil.
Pospisil is injured so he will not be there. Panik could play with them but I’d rather see panik on a line with Ruzicka and Slafkovsky. Lantosi will fit somewhere into there as well. He always plays good for NT.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
I see Knazko and Roman have been playing. How have they looked? (I know Roman had an assist today)

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
I see Knazko and Roman have been playing. How have they looked? (I know Roman had an assist today)
Haven't played bad, but Knazko is quite not ready yet. Roman has been okay, but I feel like he has to work on his skating since he is one of the slowest skaters on the Slovak team

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden

Kristof is a fairly skilled and agile player, but he isn't fast. And compared to Carter Camper, he's less of a north-south kind of player. Robert Lantosi, if he joins the team, would probably be a good fit, plus it gives that line a right handed shot (just as Camper is).

I agree with Antiillafire, that if Panik accepts his invitation, he should be on a seperate line from Hrivik/Cehlarik, as it could possibly give Slovakia two lines that can score. But on the power play, I'd like to idea of those three together.

PP1:
Cehlarik - Hrivik - Panik
Lantosi - Sekera

PP2:
Kristof - Ruzicka - Slafkovsky
Nemec - Gernat

Cehlarik and Kristof the playmakers on the left side, positioned so they can pass on their forehand. Hrivik and Ruzicka big bodies screening the goalies. Everyone else positioned for one timers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antiillafire

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
What a dogshit game by Slovakia.

One lucky goal by Rudas after he fumbled on his shot.
Cehlarik and Hrivik just absolutely terrible these 2 games. What is the point to give them all that PP time? Just wasted 5 on 3 PP with a useless passes today.
Nemec as much as he is hyped is shy to use a onetimer on the PP. Sekac made him a pylon after he schooled Daloga.
Knazko is no show.
The line with Slafkovsky once again the most dangerous today.
Well, Nemec is right handed and he was on the right side during that 5 v 3 PP and Gernat on the left. Its tough to shot onetimers like that obviously. We need to work on that power play. We have 2 weeks.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Kristof is a fairly skilled and agile player, but he isn't fast. And compared to Carter Camper, he's less of a north-south kind of player. Robert Lantosi, if he joins the team, would probably be a good fit, plus it gives that line a right handed shot (just as Camper is).

I agree with Antiillafire, that if Panik accepts his invitation, he should be on a seperate line from Hrivik/Cehlarik, as it could possibly give Slovakia two lines that can score. But on the power play, I'd like to idea of those three together.

PP1:
Cehlarik - Hrivik - Panik
Lantosi - Sekera

PP2:
Hudacek - Ruzicka - Slafkovsky
Nemec - Gernat

Everyone positioned to shoot one timers, with big bodies going to the net.
Hudacek is injured :ha:

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Hudacek is injured :ha:

Ouch. That's a tough loss. I thought he played in one of the friendlies recently, as I saw his name posted, unless it was about Julius. Anyway, I replaced him with Kristof on my second unit.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Huska and Lantosi are on the way and will join the team soon.

Is Lantosi actually confirmed? It seems a little odd that Boston wouldn't want to keep their leading AHL goal scorer around in case of injuries during the playoffs.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
Last edited:
Reactions: Elvs

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Is Lantosi actually confirmed? It seems a little odd that Boston wouldn't want to keep their leading AHL goal scorer around in case of injuries during the playoffs.
Description "leading AHL goal scorer" is really going out of the way to pump his tires :laugh: He has 9 goals. And the team has shown pretty clearly throughout the season that McKegg, Studnicka, Blindh, Steen, Senyshyn have a better chance to be called up if need be as they have all spent some time with the big team (which is partially the reason why Lantosi is the leading goal scorer). And even if Bruins decide to go with more offensive guys, for whatever reason, one has to assume someone like Lauko is ahead of him in that case as well.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Description "leading AHL goal scorer" is really going out of the way to pump his tires :laugh: He has 9 goals. And the team has shown pretty clearly throughout the season that McKegg, Studnicka, Blindh, Steen, Senyshyn have a better chance to be called up if need be as they have all spent some time with the big team (which is partially the reason why Lantosi is the leading goal scorer). And even if Bruins decide to go with more offensive guys, for whatever reason, one has to assume someone like Lauko is ahead of him in that case as well.

I'm aware they have other spare forwards higher on the depth chart, but NHL clubs tend to be quite reserved about letting players go to the World Championships in general, and so the slightest excuse they can come up with could stop someone from playing.

Marincin is in a similar situation in Toronto. Hasn't played a single game in the NHL this year, but I could defenitely see the Leafs keeping him around for depth in the playoffs. Obviously, he has 200+ games of NHL experience and has been on the taxi squad a bunch, so it's a little different.

Reactions: Antiillafire

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Tomek, Kollar and Fominych are the 3 cuts made after this weekend.

Not sure what the point of calling Tomek and not even giving him a chance was. Also, I feel like there could have been other cuts before Fominych

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad