WC: 2021 Slovakia Roster Talk

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Do you know more about Ruzicka and Jaros?
I think he’s just assuming based on rangers not being in playoffs and no AHL playoffs happening. In the same way that Chromiak will technically be available as well since LA is not going to playoffs and no AHL postseason. Now whether these players want to play is another question.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
I think he’s just assuming based on rangers not being in playoffs and no AHL playoffs happening. In the same way that Chromiak will technically be available as well since LA is not going to playoffs and no AHL postseason. Now whether these players want to play is another question.

I was just going by what Handzus said here: Káder Slovenska by sa mal pred MS v hokeji rozrásť o posily zo zámoria

He outright says that the likelihood they will participate is looking good, but he has no confirmation.

james12

Mar 31, 2018
Huska
Konrad/Hudacek
Tomek

Daloga(C)-Nemec
Gernat-Jaros
Janosik-Grman
Bucko-Rosandic
Koch-Knazko

Slafkovsky-Hrivik(A)-Cehlarik
Pospisil-Kristof(A)-Skalicky
Studenic-Ruzicka-Lantosi
Regenda-Roman-Hrehorcak
Holesinsky-Sukel-Liska

Fasko-Rudas and Fominykh were solid in prep games and will surely fight for the spot. Liska hasnt played very well but fits to Ramsay's system. The same with Sukel. As for D's it'll depend on whether they choose to have 9 or 10 blueliners. Presence of Sekera would be great, but imo that isnt likely. Similar case with Panik.

Potential PP1
Nemec
Cehlarik-Slafkovsky-Hrivik
Ruzicka

PP2
Gernat
Lantosi-Kristof-Skalicky
Pospisil

PK1
Roman-Hrehorcak
Gernat-Jaros

PK2
Ruzicka-Regenda
Daloga-Bucko

Reactions: Antiillafire

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
Huska
Konrad/Hudacek
Tomek

Daloga(C)-Nemec
Gernat-Jaros
Janosik-Grman
Bucko-Rosandic
Koch-Knazko

Slafkovsky-Hrivik(A)-Cehlarik
Pospisil-Kristof(A)-Skalicky
Studenic-Ruzicka-Lantosi
Regenda-Roman-Hrehorcak
Holesinsky-Sukel-Liska

Fasko-Rudas and Fominykh were solid in prep games and will surely fight for the spot. Liska hasnt played very well but fits to Ramsay's system. The same with Sukel. As for D's it'll depend on whether they choose to have 9 or 10 blueliners. Presence of Sekera would be great, but imo that isnt likely. Similar case with Panik.

Potential PP1
Nemec
Cehlarik-Slafkovsky-Hrivik
Ruzicka

PP2
Gernat
Lantosi-Kristof-Skalicky
Pospisil

PK1
Roman-Hrehorcak
Gernat-Jaros

PK2
Ruzicka-Regenda
Daloga-Bucko
Quite decent lineup. I would only make a few changes. Lantosi to first instead of Slafkovsky, to the third formation Liska, and lastly, Kristof swapping positions with Ruzicka. Slafkovsky, Holesinsky and Sukel as a healthy scratch.

kudla

May 11, 2016
Bratislava, Slovakia
Lantosi-Hrivik-Cehlarik
Pospisil-Kristof-Skalicky
Liska - Ruzicka - Studenic
Hrehorcak - Roman - MFR
Sukel/Slaf

If Griger is available, he moves to the 3rd line and Liska to 4th

Sekera - Jaros
Gernat - Nemec
Daloga - Grman
Janosik - Bucko

Tomek
Hudacek
Huska

Reactions: Elvs

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
I haven’t been impressed much with Hrehorcak, I don’t think he should be in lineup. I expect slafkovsky to be in starting lineup, but may be healthy scratch for tougher games. I expect Nemec to run PP1 as well like @james12 listed. I think Fominykh is dark horse and will end up making this team and surprising people with his performance. I would not also be surprised if Ramsay did in fact run with Slafkovsky on first line, although it does not seem likely. The upcoming Czech games will be big test for the team.

Rusty7550

Aug 11, 2018
I haven’t been impressed much with Hrehorcak, I don’t think he should be in lineup. I expect slafkovsky to be in starting lineup, but may be healthy scratch for tougher games. I expect Nemec to run PP1 as well like @james12 listed. I think Fominykh is dark horse and will end up making this team and surprising people with his performance. I would not also be surprised if Ramsay did in fact run with Slafkovsky on first line, although it does not seem likely. The upcoming Czech games will be big test for the team.
Gernat will be our PP QB. He's been our best European defender this season. Nemec probably in 2nd PP unit or Rosandic. Actually, I liked Hrehorcak. Liska needs to be better.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Lantosi-Hrivik-Cehlarik
Pospisil-Kristof-Skalicky
Liska - Ruzicka - Studenic
Hrehorcak - Roman - MFR
Sukel/Slaf

If Griger is available, he moves to the 3rd line and Liska to 4th

Sekera - Jaros
Gernat - Nemec
Daloga - Grman
Janosik - Bucko

Tomek
Hudacek
Huska

Isn't he confirmed to be out due to injury from CZE finals?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
Any word on Mario Lunter? Is he injured or deemed not good enough? I liked his speed in a checking line/penalty killing role during the WC a couple of years ago.

Last edited:

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Cehlarik is definitely one of them, but he couldn´t capitalize his chances today. I was amazed by Slafkovsky and his dominant performance, though. When he learns how to outperform those adult goaltenders he will be hell of a good player. Actually, he already is.

Yeah, Slafkovsky is one player whom we can forgive for not scoring on his chances at this level.

Still, even if Cehlarik finds his mojo for the Worlds, just one goal scorer won't be enough.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
tomas zaborsky is a top player in Liiga. Its a tragic he dont want to play for the national team.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Cehlarik is definitely one of them, but he couldn´t capitalize his chances today. I was amazed by Slafkovsky and his dominant performance, though. When he learns how to outperform those adult goaltenders he will be hell of a good player. Actually, he already is.
I love his confidence. These games against czechs are big test for the team. This team will likely need a killer powerplay if we want to get to the quarterfinals. Dallas looks like they are likely out of playoffs. Sekera would be a big boost, even if he’s older. He always plays well for NT.

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008

Cehlarik should pull his head out of his arse. He has been invisible for over a month. Guy had an early exit in the 1st round of SHL playoffs and has sucked in 2 exibition games. 17 year old junior has shown more effort than him.

Nemec I think had not a good game. I still think to run PP1 unit is too much for him at this stage. The whole PP had a trouble to make a zone entry as soon as Czechs went on a forecheck with 2 guys.

Slafkovsky looks like is settling down nicely as he gets used to play more against men. His best game so far.

Reactions: kudla

stastny12

Dec 26, 2018
Trencin, Slovakia
He doesnt want to play and imo, he wasnt such difference-maker as he should be.
We can´t really tell, since we haven´t seen him in the NT since Olympics 2014 (not impressive performance by him, but the whole team showed up in a bad light). From what I remember, he was definitely our key player at the WCH 2013, though. Surely, it´s pity, but nobody could change his mind. Not even new management with personalities such as Ramsay and Satan. Whatever. At the moment, I´m glad that we are currently focusing on the development of young lads.

Reactions: jaro

elMatador

Feb 20, 2008
What a dogshit game by Slovakia.

One lucky goal by Rudas after he fumbled on his shot.
Cehlarik and Hrivik just absolutely terrible these 2 games. What is the point to give them all that PP time? Just wasted 5 on 3 PP with a useless passes today.
Nemec as much as he is hyped is shy to use a onetimer on the PP. Sekac made him a pylon after he schooled Daloga.
Knazko is no show.
The line with Slafkovsky once again the most dangerous today.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
What a dogshit game by Slovakia.

One lucky goal by Rudas after he fumbled on his shot.
Cehlarik and Hrivik just absolutely terrible these 2 games. What is the point to give them all that PP time? Just wasted 5 on 3 PP with a useless passes today.
Nemec as much as he is hyped is shy to use a onetimer on the PP. Sekac made him a pylon after he schooled Daloga.
Knazko is no show.
The line with Slafkovsky once again the most dangerous today.
Knazko has looked out of his depth since Latvia games.

Reactions: elMatador

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad