GDT: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft | July 21st 2021 | 8:00 PM ET | ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVAS

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
So you all are saying Seattle picked bad roster?
Can we await for trade like we get Gourde they get Johnsson and they retain 50% of Gourdes salary,to get a potential 30+ goal scorer?
But honestly,i already dont like them for taking Gourde(

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
Some teams wanted Francus to help their cap trouble/relief so they can go after UFA or trades. He is taking risk for sure but Nashville literally still has those 2 cancerous contracts. So does Philly so those teams are very mad at Seattle I'm sure. Washington goalie situation is a mess now with samsonov as an RFA they will be looking for a cheap goalie and still trying to figure a way to sign Ovie.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I don't really see the problem with the roster drafted. Were better players available in some cases? Yes. Were they usually attached to an awful or risky deal? Pretty much.

A "better team" would put them near the cap, and they likely wouldn't be a cup contender.

The Kraken didn't stray that far off the mock draft meta, and the Rangers, Canucks, Coyotes, Blackhawks, Jackets, Wings, etc. didn't have a lot to offer anyway.

Reactions: BoltzManConstant

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
So you all are saying Seattle picked bad roster?
Can we await for trade like we get Gourde they get Johnsson and they retain 50% of Gourdes salary,to get a potential 30+ goal scorer?
But honestly,i already dont like them for taking Gourde(

If I remember correctly you can trade a player right back to the team you took him from, but you can't retain any of the salary. Would be an interesting move if they took Gourde to hold him hostage basically, trying to get more assets out of us to take on TJ's contract and then include Gourde as part of the trade.

I seriously doubt that's what they did but it would be kind of funny if so.

Reactions: Peacefool

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I don't really see the problem with the roster drafted. Were better players available in some cases? Yes. Were they usually attached to an awful or risky deal? Pretty much.

A "better team" would put them near the cap, and they likely wouldn't be a cup contender.

The Kraken didn't stray that far off the mock draft meta, and the Rangers, Canucks, Coyotes, Blackhawks, Jackets, Wings, etc. didn't have a lot to offer anyway.
It's not that he didn't take the "best players" in all situations. It's that he didn't get any enticement to not take those players.

Reactions: RussianGuyovich

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
i nominate for worst gm in hockey ...cant wait till yzerman does a deal with him or jbb does ....this draft is god awful im sorry todd told me he was a bad gm...i think a professionals 12 year old son could do a better job its beyond laughable....they did get larsson edmontons most important player imho cause have no stud dmen now.....but the rest??yanni is probably their best player....poor yanni

edit tanking dont work ask the wings

Reactions: ultra63

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
i nominate for worst gm in hockey ...cant wait till yzerman does a deal with him or jbb does ....this draft is god awful im sorry todd told me he was a bad gm...i think a professionals 12 year old son could do a better job its beyond laughable....they did get larsson edmontons most important player imho cause have no stud dmen now.....but the rest??yanni is probably their best player....poor yanni

edit tanking dont work ask the wings
I think Oilers GM is still worse they could conceivably finish behind Seattle even with two of the best players in the league, lol.

Reactions: ultra63

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Cirelli better pick it up big time.

He played like ass last year and I think we should have protected Gourde over him.

Cirelli...you owe us big time. Step it up bud.

Point21

Oct 23, 2018
Really hope JBB has some tricks up his sleeves these next few days... even though the RFA's wont cost much, their cap hits will add up fast (unless sent to the AHL). still need to move one of Palat/Killorn/Johnson to be safely under the cap and resign the RFA's

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad