GDT: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft | July 21st 2021 | 8:00 PM ET | ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVAS

AHockeyFanatic

Champa Bay
Jul 4, 2021
Theres an incredibly naive mentality within the hockey world and if you've never participated at the youth level up to professional ranks, this about sums up the stupidity.

I wanted to pursue coaching and operations years ago but was told to "pay my dues" by working for free.

I would have gladly worked for free today and selected a better team and direction than ol recycle Ron. Same group of guys get recycled over and over and have very little vision. The more I look at this roster, the more I see how deflating it is up front. Goodness. A random generator could've drafted a better forward core.
80% of HFB registered users would have picked a better team than Francis, maybe 90%.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Even if he does, it's still a lacking group. There's very few that are goal scorers there. At least with Vegas there was some threat offensively. This team is comprised of multiple 10-15 goal scorers and a few higher (though not elite) offensive threats.

Landeskog would be a good add but that's not enough.

Well, VGK also had William Karlsson wake up one day and be like "Hey guys 23% shooting go BRR!! lmao!!!" and that helped a lot. Otherwise they were loaded to the gills with potential and Gallant used it to perfection. I didn't think they'd make the SCF off the bat (I was thinking more round 2 out) but I don't think the Kraken would be any worse if that ended up happening.

Right now I'm in "wait and see" territory. If they do nothing I'm iffy on the group. If Ronnie goes big game hunting they're gonna be more than just fine. That team is BIG and hard to play against. They won't need THAT much offensive support imo

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
After reading so many posts from Kraken fans trashing players like Johnson I have to admit to finding it a little funny that they have to root for this roster now
That roster is going to change alot before opening day. They are 7.5 mil to the floor and could spend 28 mil to the top of the Cap.

Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
To be fair, just look back and read how people laughed and wrote off Vegas (including myself), thinking they could be one of the worst teams ever.
I didn't think they would make the playoffs or the final obviously, but definitely thought people were off their rockers thinking they would be one of the worst ever. They were still clearly better than almost any previous expansion team imo.

The Kraken on the other hand... Tyler Johnson would be a legitimate upgrade, not a salary dump. Francis should seriously consider offering us something for him.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
so their most accomplished goal scorer is a guy who played on the top line of the ECFs runner up the last two seasons who is in desperate need of goal scoring and protected fourth liners over him.

In a draft full of quality top 6 forwards

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
They will spend some money. Weaponize cap a bit and work some UFA. Problem is someone like Landy at 9m or Danault at 6 is a massive massive overpay. The contracts in the ED were better. So you basically end up in shittsville but not bad enough to get top picks

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Francis is garbage. Wow.

Awful.

In this flat cap he couldn't get a bunch of side deals?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad