GDT: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft | July 21st 2021 | 8:00 PM ET | ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVAS

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Francis may well have the last laugh yet. If he wants he can get Eichel and a set of wingers to play with him on the top line he can also sign a veteran goalie to platoon with Dreiger. He has the young guys that he can trade along with picks. Many are just upset that he would not take on there bad contracts. There some good forwards that are UFA he probably has his eye on Blake Coleman for one put him back with Gourde. Pay Landy and weaken Colorado and get a 1st line forward trade picks and some of the young guys he got in expansion for top talent from teams needing cap relief. To me he played expansion really smart staying away from bloated cap dump contracts he would have regretted.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
Cirelli better pick it up big time.

He played like ass last year and I think we should have protected Gourde over him.

Cirelli...you owe us big time. Step it up bud.

he had a great start he just wasn't the same after he came back from the injury. i'm pretty confident he will improve

Reactions: Hoek

theimmortal1

Sep 26, 2020
Francis may well have the last laugh yet. If he wants he can get Eichel and a set of wingers to play with him on the top line he can also sign a veteran goalie to platoon with Dreiger. He has the young guys that he can trade along with picks. Many are just upset that he would not take on there bad contracts. There some good forwards that are UFA he probably has his eye on Blake Coleman for one put him back with Gourde. Pay Landy and weaken Colorado and get a 1st line forward trade picks and some of the young guys he got in expansion for top talent from teams needing cap relief. To me he played expansion really smart staying away from bloated cap dump contracts he would have regretted.

He doesn’t have close to the assets to get Eichel.

He will need to acquire and retain/trade to get the additional picks to get Eichel.

Reactions: Hoek

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
sorry if this was posted somewhere else, but Philly paid Arizona a 2nd to take Ghost

but Seattle decided to opt for an AHLer in the draft instead of getting a 2nd for a $4.5 aav contract for the next two years

all time bad. poor Seattle fans stuck with this guy

Reactions: NatoGhost

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
sorry if this was posted somewhere else, but Philly paid Arizona a 2nd to take Ghost

but Seattle decided to opt for an AHLer in the draft instead of getting a 2nd for a $4.5 aav contract for the next two years

all time bad. poor Seattle fans stuck with this guy

Is a 2nd worth it for the guy to sit in the pressbox taking up 4.5M in cap? He's not very good anymore and they got better LD in Dunn, Oleksiak, Soucy and Giordano. If he was a forward then I could see the interest but they already need to trade their own D as it is.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Is a 2nd worth it for the guy to sit in the pressbox taking up 4.5M in cap? He's not very good anymore and they got better LD in Dunn, Oleksiak, Soucy and Giordano. If he was a forward then I could see the interest but they already need to trade their own D as it is.

When the team clearly isnt the Vegas route to win away? Then yes. Just acquire as many assets as you can for the future. It’s a free 2nd round pick. Hell, maybe he gets into the lineup and plays decently and you can retain some salary on him in a trade and pick up more picks. If not, a 4.5 aav cap hit for two more years isn’t going to prevent them anything.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
When the team clearly isnt the Vegas route to win away? Then yes. Just acquire as many assets as you can for the future. It’s a free 2nd round pick. Hell, maybe he gets into the lineup and plays decently and you can retain some salary on him in a trade and pick up more picks. If not, a 4.5 aav cap hit for two more years isn’t going to prevent them anything.

You don't know what route they are going in. The forwards stink but they could make a few signings to improve that and Berniers should be the 2nd pick who will help. But their defense is pretty good already and better than what Vegas had. They probably also want to give as many minutes to guys like Dunn, Fluery and Soucy to see what they have in them long term. They also need to showcase Giordano. It's not really a free 2nd when you waste 4.5M in cap for a pressbox player. If they are going after Hamilton, Landeskog, Schwartz and Danualt then that 4.5 can become a problem. I highly doubt they're going to sit still in free agency.

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
You don't know what route they are going in. The forwards stink but they could make a few signings to improve that and Berniers should be the 2nd pick who will help. But their defense is pretty good already and better than what Vegas had. They probably also want to give as many minutes to guys like Dunn, Fluery and Soucy to see what they have in them long term. They also need to showcase Giordano. It's not really a free 2nd when you waste 4.5M in cap for a pressbox player. If they are going after Hamilton, Landeskog, Schwartz and Danualt then that 4.5 can become a problem. I highly doubt they're going to sit still in free agency.

the forward free agent class stinks. They need help badly on the left side and up the middle. They aren’t getting Landeskog. Next best options are Saad, Hoffman, Coleman, and Schwartz. Meh. Did you see what New York just paid Goodrow? I’m sure they will want 3-4 year terms with at least $4.5 million a year. Why pay that when you could have gotten Nino, Domi, Drouin, or JvR who all do make >$5m a year, but are on shorter terms and will be easier to trade this year or next.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
Ye
Ah if the have Bernier's add Landy. Another UFA wing they have a first line then they target Coleman to play with Yanni on the second they are on the way to icing a team that's better than half the teams in the league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad