GDT: 2021 Seattle Kraken Expansion Draft | July 21st 2021 | 8:00 PM ET | ESPN2, SN, SN NOW, TVAS

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Goodbye Gourde :puppy:

082953d195eb28fd472bfa6608779bdd

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
Out of curiosity, why would losing Gourde be better than losing Palat, TyJo or Killorn?

Kinda devastating to the offense losing our entire 3rd line. Especially when we have Killorn and Cirelli on our 2nd line. Those two should be third liners anyway.

I wouldn't call it better, but it definitely gives us more flexibility since Gourde has the NTC.

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
If we dump Gourde + one of Palat/TyJo/Killorn, how much space do we have after that?

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Out of curiosity, why would losing Gourde be better than losing Palat, TyJo or Killorn?

Kinda devastating to the offense losing our entire 3rd line. Especially when we have Killorn and Cirelli on our 2nd line. Those two should be third liners anyway.

I'm thinking from a cap flexibility standpoint, because realistically we aren't keeping Palat/Killorn/Gourde long term anyways.

Gourde is 29, has 4 more years left on his deal, has a full NTC this summer and a 22-team NTC the remaining years. I think his game will age gracefully because of how great of shape he's in, but you never really know how it will look in 2/3 years. Palat and Killorn are more liquid and will yield assets.

I'm with you that losing Gourde absolutely sucks from a competitive standpoint. We're losing our entire third line, which is what put us over the top. But I think we're looking at a retool no matter what, so asset management also needs to be considered.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
We can add a couple good piece with that. Especially some vets that want to cup chase.

Who are some guys that would fit these forward holes? Think Parise would be good?

Would love Parise, but I also think we have some really good options in Syracuse. Katchouk will be a new fan favorite

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If they take Gourde, we replace him with TJ (Yes... I know...), then trade Palat for a 1st or picks + prospect and use our AHL guys. It's a blow to lose the 3rd line but life's not easy

Reactions: NatoGhost

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If they take Gourde, we replace him with TJ (Yes... I know...), then trade Palat for a 1st or picks + prospect and use our AHL guys. It's a blow to lose the 3rd line but life's not easy

As much flack as you will probably get for this blasphemous idea, I agree with you.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
I'm thinking from a cap flexibility standpoint, because realistically we aren't keeping Palat/Killorn/Gourde long term anyways.

Gourde is 29, has 4 more years left on his deal, has a full NTC this summer and a 22-team NTC the remaining years. I think his game will age gracefully because of how great of shape he's in, but you never really know how it will look in 2/3 years. Palat and Killorn are more liquid and will yield assets.

I'm with you that losing Gourde absolutely sucks from a competitive standpoint. We're losing our entire third line, which is what put us over the top. But I think we're looking at a retool no matter what, so asset management also needs to be considered.
Good info!

Reactions: Five Alarm Fire

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Would love Parise, but I also think we have some really good options in Syracuse. Katchouk will be a new fan favorite
If we're losing our entire 3rd line we're gonna need someone proven. I think we will be looking at dudes getting paid from a buy out that want to win on the cheap.

Those are the guys I want anyway. Vets that are desperate to win.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
If Seattle is going to just pick a player than Seravalli is either full of shit or we have a deal lined up immediately afterwards. I guess we will find out soon

Definitely the latter. Considering the same insider says we are not interested in other trades when called, I think JFBB has some kind of BiG boii deal lined up that's either gonna get us out of cap hell by itself or we've got a deal that will help minimize losses and there's more work to be done after said trade.

Rschmitz

Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay
If we're losing our entire 3rd line we're gonna need someone proven. I think we will be looking at dudes getting paid from a buy out that want to win on the cheap.

Agreed, we will definitely add at least one veteran, there are several spots to fill

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
Agreed, we will definitely add at least one veteran, there are several spots to fill
What does everyone think of a second line of:

Colton - Point - Kucherov
Parise - Cirelli - Stamkos
Killorn - TyJo - Joseph
Maroon - XXX - XXX

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
The Gourde news isn't surprising. My hope for this offseason was to make it into next year with Goodrow, Gourde, and McDonagh still on the roster. So, naturally, at the very start of the process I've been shat on.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
f*** that trade Palat too. He's only got a year left. Johnson is a no brainer. They were probably among the best contracts SFY ever got done but it's time to move on from the expense. We can supplant our losses in free agency with guys looking to win a Cup.

If Killorn and Colton are surviving this then we have our 2nd line intact and a promising young wing who scored the Cup winning goal who can maybe play with Point and Kucherov

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
What does everyone think of a second line of:

Colton - Point - Kucherov
Parise - Cirelli - Stamkos
Killorn - TyJo - Joseph
Maroon - XXX - XXX

f*** that! Parise would be lucky to knock Maroon out of the lineup. He's trash and I rather give that spot to a kid who's busted his ass in Syracuse for the last 3 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad