2021 Seattle Expansion Draft (Seattle selects D. Gavin Bayruether)

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
The only way (IMO) they do a deal with Carey Price is a side deal where Montreal eats part of his contract (say $2.5M per year) and then also takes a bad contract in expansion draft. Again I don't think it happens, but it certainly has a lot of interest.

Lot of guys on NHL network seem to think they will take Domi. I still don't buy it, but the thinking is there is so little depth at C that he will be valuable, plus the expring contract is popular with the flat cap.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
The only way (IMO) they do a deal with Carey Price is a side deal where Montreal eats part of his contract (say $2.5M per year) and then also takes a bad contract in expansion draft. Again I don't think it happens, but it certainly has a lot of interest.

Lot of guys on NHL network seem to think they will take Domi. I still don't buy it, but the thinking is there is so little depth at C that he will be valuable, plus the expring contract is popular with the flat cap.
Did they not watch him? He isn't a center lol

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If they take Domi & when Seth goes Jackets will struggle to make cap floor. Lots of opportunity to take on a bad deal or two. Or Klingberg.

Reactions: LJ7201 and Fro

JacketsDavid

Jan 11, 2013
I think a lot of teams are hoping teams with cap space don't help Tampa out too much. They are in a bind and everyone knows it.
So should allow some teams with cap space to get some good quality depth players at a discount. A guy like Tyler Johnson at $5M (for 3 more years) isn't great (at all) and he was born in Washington state. But if you get Tampa to keep 50% of that AND only give up a 4th round pick - that could be appealing.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
I think a lot of teams are hoping teams with cap space don't help Tampa out too much. They are in a bind and everyone knows it.
So should allow some teams with cap space to get some good quality depth players at a discount. A guy like Tyler Johnson at $5M (for 3 more years) isn't great (at all) and he was born in Washington state. But if you get Tampa to keep 50% of that AND only give up a 4th round pick - that could be appealing.

They owe us for showing them they were soft in 2019, right? I kid. I would consider Palat, Johnson, 2022 1st, 2021 3rd, and 2023 2nd for their original 2022 3rd round pick used in the Savard deal. I agree that the trade needs to hurt them a bit. Sure they will have their core intact, but it was players like Goodrow, Coleman, Gourde, Palat, Killorn, etc. that put them over the top.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Reminder that not everyone wants to be leaked/spoiled. So if you are one of those people, be cautious coming in here as people could be posting leaks.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
This way run yesterday...so far missed Larsson but have got Dunn/Fleury

Attachments

• 20210721_113111.jpg
    20210721_113111.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 5

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad