2021 Seattle Expansion Draft (Seattle selects D. Gavin Bayruether)

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
:sarcasm::nod::sarcasm:
I thought the show was terrible.
Letting the names slip just ruined it.

Now to me evaluating them:
I like Seattles goaltending. At worst I think average maybe even slightly better.
I like the blue line. Vegas went fast, they went bigger. I do think they need another puck mover or two but I think the sheer size will be good.
THe forwards will be fun to watch - lot of guys who play hard, just I don't know where the goals come from?
Their biggest thing is being in a terrible division where they can .

My hopes for Seattle is they do add a mobile dman (or two) and they really need a couple (few) guys with some offensive ability.
I thought this was the Kraken thread!?
Report this post to the mods - JacketsDavid is surreptitiously posting about the Jackets’ needs (in bold) in the Kraken thread…:sarcasm:

Last edited:

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Not impressed with ESPN. This is an epic shit show. Embarrasing debut.
Just personal opinion of course but Chris Fowler is going to get his ass beat. I could see Tanev eyeing him.. a bit. I don’t think he will last, his is a bitter condescending refrain. Somebody is going to punch him in the mouth

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Tyler Pitlick is reportedly the first ever former member of the Kraken. He appears to be off to Calgary in exchange for a draft pick.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Apparently, there were no other deals with Seattle? If so...yikes. What a strange draft by the Kraken.

If I squint, I can see them trying to throw money at Hamilton or Landeskog, but don't really understand what they did yesterday. It seems like they value cap space but they won't be the only ones with space to make trades. Arizona is already wheeling and dealing.

Reactions: JacketsDavid

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

The Kraken could have taken either of these guys (and flipped them). They chose the one that returned one 2nd rounder and not two.

It looks like, for now, that they colossally botched the Expansion Draft and the subsequent free agency period.

Reactions: koteka

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The Kraken could have taken either of these guys (and flipped them). They chose the one that returned one 2nd rounder and not two.

It looks like, for now, that they colossally botched the Expansion Draft and the subsequent free agency period.

Seattle headed to a 4-12-1 start, getting spanked by Colorado tonight.

Remember when a bunch of analysts selected Seattle as their "dark horse" team to finish 3rd in the Pacific and make the playoffs?

Hire me, cowards.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Seattle headed to a 4-12-1 start, getting spanked by Colorado tonight.

Remember when a bunch of analysts selected Seattle as their "dark horse" team to finish 3rd in the Pacific and make the playoffs?

Hire me, cowards.

I checked analytics twitter recently and the argument currently is that the Seattle skaters have been pretty good (+xG%), and that it's the .850 goaltending which is killing them.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I checked analytics twitter recently and the argument currently is that the Seattle skaters have been pretty good (+xG%), and that it's the .850 goaltending which is killing them.
so stats aren't everything ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->