2021 Season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
So while we have one Canadian team bring their affiliate from the States to Canada, there is a rumor that the Marlies may be heading south of the border because the Ontario government has yet to give the green light for the Marlies and Sens.

That would absolutely suck. I would much rather see them play in another province than leave the country and the division. Especially now that the Flames are bringing their affiliate to Canada.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roadhog

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
This would require a considerable overhaul of the schedule; according to the schedule released this past Friday, the Heat have 40 games playing inside the Pacific Division.
Or, they could just cancel all the Heat's currently scheduled games. Teams are playing different numbers of games anyway, and the Pacific teams had the most games scheduled anyway IIRC.

Crunchrulz

Apr 30, 2010
USA
Per Crunch Owner this evening; there will not be a Calder Cup awarded this season and playoffs are highly doubtful. Teams are just looking to get through the games they are playing healthy and getting set for the 21-22 season. Does not expect NY sports to get back even close to pre-COVID until July at the earliest.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Per Crunch Owner this evening; there will not be a Calder Cup awarded this season and playoffs are highly doubtful. Teams are just looking to get through the games they are playing healthy and getting set for the 21-22 season. Does not expect NY sports to get back even close to pre-COVID until July at the earliest.

Even if there is no playoffs, I'm still happy the AHL will play. It's good to have players (and more importantly teams' prospects) playing for their development.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Alexandra Ackerman
@SinBinCrunch · 18h

Dolgon mentions game worn jersey auctions that could happen after the games. ...
Thoroughly disinfected, I should hope. :eek:

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Barracuda @ Silver Knights preseason game 1/30 called after 40 minutes.

Member(s) of the Barracuda party had (a?) positive test(s).

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
So while we have one Canadian team bring their affiliate from the States to Canada, there is a rumor that the Marlies may be heading south of the border because the Ontario government has yet to give the green light for the Marlies and Sens.

That would absolutely suck. I would much rather see them play in another province than leave the country and the division. Especially now that the Flames are bringing their affiliate to Canada.
I'm having a hard time understanding how the Leafs and Sens can play in their home rinks, but the Marlies and BSens can't. There's something more to this.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes