2021 Season

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Good to know.

I was just looking at theAHL.com and no games are scheduled for February or March.

As a side note, what kind of know nothing kook thinks that AHL players are millionaires?

This is why I am not on Twitter with its' KGB-like info. I might believe thousandaires.

The AHL minimum is $50K and I have heard that the league average is around $70K.

Forty percent of $50K is $20K. The league average would be down to $28K.

I wouldn't want to take a $30K or $42K hit either. If they don't play, they get zero.

Having once gone through not working for a year, it wasn't that much fun. I read a lot of books from my local library, spent a lot of time driving my kids everywhere and played better than ever on my old soccer team. The rest was helping me versus the employed opponents playing on a Friday night. I had to be extra careful not to get hurt with no health insurance. My yard looked great for 2 or 3 years!

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

That would be good news. Adding a 5th team in the Canadian Division would add some more competition. I hope the province of Alberta accepts this.

There was a rumor a while ago that Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton were considering relocating their AHL affiliates to Canada for the season in order to simplify call ups and re-assignments should the need arise.

Vancouver had confirmed that they will keep Utica in New York. However, they did come to an agreement with the Jets to send some guys to the Manitoba Moose.

Here's hoping Edmonton is thinking of doing the same.

Reactions: Tao Jones

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
This has the potential to turn into a massive train wreck...
They're layin' down the tracks as fast as they can ...

Laying The Tracks.gif

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
They're layin' down the tracks as fast as they can ...

View attachment 387065
no it's just the Flames need to be smarter business-wise..... this reeks of the Lyle Abraham fiasco of 2003/2004, where no one thought the Oilers would be allowed to relocate their AHL Affiliate once the master schedule was released...

it's the 8th market they've gone through in 37 years if they get approved for this.... it sat the Oilers development process back decades, and that idiotic 5 way affiliation they tried pulling on the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad