2021 Season

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Absolutely...wouldn't want to tune in to a stream that was like maybe a janitor sweeping a floor or something...:(
That isn't much different from the remote play-by-play on the Bridgeport vs. P-Bruins stream this afternoon. With no audio of "hockey sounds" from the rink, I could just as easily do my own commentating.

ETA: Choppy rink sounds showed up briefly during the 2nd intermission, then about halfway thru the 3rd period. Silence was better.

Last edited:

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
That isn't much different from the remote play-by-play on the Bridgeport vs. P-Bruins stream this afternoon. With no audio of "hockey sounds" from the rink, I could just as easily do my own commentating.
If they're doing the same thing as the IceCats/WorSharks used to do with preseason radio broadcasts from there they're actually outside the rink watching through the glass in the foyer.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If they're doing the same thing as the IceCats/WorSharks used to do with preseason radio broadcasts from there they're actually outside the rink watching through the glass in the foyer.
I'll keep listening to hear the telltale sounds of the toilet flushing or the announcer's kids asking Daddy if they can play outside. Welcome to Zoom Hockey.

Reactions: Roadhog

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I sure am glad I'm not paying the subscription price for the video production of the BRI @ PRO game. So many cameras, so little control. :facepalm:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I sure am glad I'm not paying the subscription price for the video production of the BRI @ PRO game. So many cameras, so little control. :facepalm:
IT'S not worth it watching a feed of an AHL Game, it hasn't since the days of AHL TV under NeuLion.

btw, Providence's feed is only marginally better in Marlborough, than normally in Providence

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I'll keep listening to hear the telltale sounds of the toilet flushing or the announcer's kids asking Daddy if they can play outside. Welcome to Zoom Hockey.
They're the only ones in the building right now...I've not looked into it but someone posted on Facebook the building would be closed to the public during the P-Bruins games.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Binghamton's sojourn into Newark hasn't started well, due to the Protocols, the 1st two Devils "home" games in Newark have already been rescheduled

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

So while Toronto and Belleville are still waiting on the Ontario government, they will most likely start on the road.

Marcotte also says although the Canadian Division doesn't have a schedule yet, it is likely that Laval opens their season next weekend against Belleville.

Nothing confirmed yet, though.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Refreshing to see the IA Wild hosting games on their regular home ice (Wells Fargo Arena). "Pods" of fans are in the stands. Makes it look like real hockey. :popcorn:

Reactions: Adam Michaels

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
NOTE: AHL teams playing with fans in attendance have been mandated to adopt the NHL's removal of player bench back glass panels (for improvement of air circulation in the bench boxes). The Iowa play-by-play guy explained that the Wild were told of the change just this morning, requiring the team front office to scramble to reassign seats in Wells Fargo for fans who had reserved spots behind the benches. Another pandemic pivot.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
NOTE: AHL teams playing with fans in attendance have been mandated to adopt the NHL's removal of player bench back glass panels (for improvement of air circulation in the bench boxes). The Iowa play-by-play guy explained that the Wild were told of the change just this morning, requiring the team front office to scramble to reassign seats in Wells Fargo for fans who had reserved spots behind the benches. Another pandemic pivot.
I know there are lots of fans that like to sit there, but I can't think of a worse spot to watch the game than directly behind the benches...

Reactions: Roadhog and JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I know there are lots of fans that like to sit there, but I can't think of a worse spot to watch the game than directly behind the benches...
That's where Mrs. JMC 'n' me sat at your home arena several years back (one of those auto-pick seating gotchas that Ticketmaster users often have to suffer). The only redeeming moment in the assigned seats - before we moved higher in the bowl - was when my wife got to suffer through watching a player get his cheek stitched up from about 5 feet away. :eek:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00