2021 Season

Mtown17057

Oct 16, 2020
A great debate that has been raging amongst a few season ticket holders from the Hershey Bears.

1. If they allow fans and there is not going to be Calder Cup Playoffs, do you get tickets? Most are saying no.

2. If the season starts in mid February with expectations of Playoffs ending mid July, do you get tickets? Most are saying no.

Other scenarios people have discussed but they seem to be the most discussed. Is anyone else out there hearing anything regarding what fans are thinking?

Thanks

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
A great debate that has been raging amongst a few season ticket holders from the Hershey Bears.

1. If they allow fans and there is not going to be Calder Cup Playoffs, do you get tickets? Most are saying no.

2. If the season starts in mid February with expectations of Playoffs ending mid July, do you get tickets? Most are saying no.

Other scenarios people have discussed but they seem to be the most discussed. Is anyone else out there hearing anything regarding what fans are thinking?

Thanks
there have been multitude of threads similar to this, ever since the suspension of play in March, 2020, was announced.

it is up to President Howson, President-Emeritas Dave Andrews, and the RTP Committee....

all indications are for a 2/5/21 start... further details will be forthcoming once the decision is made....

there may be issues because several provinces that house teams are going into lockdown (namely Ontario) at some point today

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO

2. If the season starts in mid February with expectations of Playoffs ending mid July, do you get tickets? Most are saying no. ...
What is the most common reason/excuse given by the "few season ticket holders" comprising the Hershey No-Sayers ... Continued health risks for fans? Belief that such a rescheduled & likely shortened season wouldn't be a "real season"? Lingering (and possibly growing) displeasure with how the NHL is dictating the fate of AHL play & its players? Schedule delays will begin cutting into the fan's summer vacation time? :badidea:

Mtown17057

Oct 16, 2020
What is the most common reason/excuse given by the "few season ticket holders" comprising the Hershey No-Sayers ... Continued health risks for fans? Belief that such a rescheduled & likely shortened season wouldn't be a "real season"? Lingering (and possibly growing) displeasure with how the NHL is dictating the fate of AHL play & its players? Schedule delays will begin cutting into the fan's summer vacation time? :badidea:

Not worth the money, if no playoffs more like preseason games. Also, yes people heading out of town for various reasons.

Reactions: JMCx4

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Not worth the money, if no playoffs more like preseason games. Also, yes people heading out of town for various reasons.
I reckon there has been or soon will be a campaign by the team to convince previous STH-ers to re-up. It's easy to say (especially on social media) that you're not going to support your team under these circumstances, but fandom is in the blood. And if those choosing not to re-up buy several ticket pairs/packages on a single-game basis, the team isn't gonna loose that much income anyway. It's a business, and each party has to decide whether to make or break the deal.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
I reckon there has been or soon will be a campaign by the team to convince previous STH-ers to re-up. It's easy to say (especially on social media) that you're not going to support your team under these circumstances, but fandom is in the blood.
the site that I'm connected to in and around the Bears, btw (have a pic of some of their BC, from '07,) basically talks about those issues extensively, but they're also focused a lot on South Carolina and those prospects Washington has there temporarily.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
there have been multitude of threads similar to this, ever since the suspension of play in March, 2020, was announced.

it is up to President Howson, President-Emeritas Dave Andrews, and the RTP Committee....

all indications are for a 2/5/21 start... further details will be forthcoming once the decision is made....

there may be issues because several provinces that house teams are going into lockdown (namely Ontario) at some point today

Those very provinces have also now mapped out a return to play for the NHL clubs that reside in them. You can expect the same to be done for those AHL clubs as well.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Those very provinces have also now mapped out a return to play for the NHL clubs that reside in them. You can expect the same to be done for those AHL clubs as well.
disagree, there, axe:

here's why:

the lockdown prevents Belleville, as well as the Marlies, if indeed the league intends to start on 2/5.... will Ottawa and the Leafs subsidize that.

Ontario is in a lockdown indefinitely.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Similar to NHL, my guess is that fans in the stands will be on a team by team/city/state regulation basis.

If partial STH allowed, how will the team/STH prioritize that? My guess is local teams would make the decision.

The dozen or so independently owned teams will be hardest hit (as they may not get any/much subsidies from affiliate (whereas NHL teams will "have" to fully subsidize their owned affiliates), regardless.

JMCx4

Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... If partial STH allowed, how will the team/STH prioritize that? My guess is local teams would make the decision. ...
LOTS of variables to consider (e.g., STH base vs. 2020-21 seating capacity, mix of full & partial accounts, allocations of single-game ticket & group blocks for the season), but as an example some of the ECHL teams initially prioritized seating assignments/availability to previous season ticketholder accounts based on longevity.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
disagree, there, axe:

here's why:

the lockdown prevents Belleville, as well as the Marlies, if indeed the league intends to start on 2/5.... will Ottawa and the Leafs subsidize that.

Ontario is in a lockdown indefinitely.

I stand by what I said.

Reactions: Roadhog

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
I only edited my post because it looked like I was saying it to you...and while amusing, it certainly didn't fit.

Oh,Believe me I know...amusing yes especially when you take into account the context or who it was actually directed towards. With regards to the topic at hand...funny how we always seem to be taken off topic by some...I can't see a scenario where the provinces in canada would allow the NHL to play,and they are, then deny the AHL the same especially since it looks like the AHL will be utilizing the same type of schedule format and division breakdowns this season.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Oh,Believe me I know...amusing yes especially when you take into account the context or who it was actually directed towards. With regards to the topic at hand...funny how we always seem to be taken off topic by some...I can't see a scenario where the provinces in canada would allow the NHL to play,and they are, then deny the AHL the same especially since it looks like the AHL will be utilizing the same type of schedule format and division breakdowns this season.

And I'm going to toss this out there, with nothing at all to back it up...but I won't be surprised if we see two Canadian "co-op" teams play this season, with each of the four Canadian NHL teams with AHL affiliates in the US using those temporary teams as affiliates this season. They've each said it would cost too much money to move operations to Canada for each of those US-based teams, but the costs would essentially be halved under that scenario.

axecrew

Feb 6, 2007
And I'm going to toss this out there, with nothing at all to back it up...but I won't be surprised if we see two Canadian "co-op" teams play this season, with each of the four Canadian NHL teams with AHL affiliates in the US using those temporary teams as affiliates this season. They've each said it would cost too much money to move operations to Canada for each of those US-based teams, but the costs would essentially be halved under that scenario.

Actually you have more to back it up then you think...Kevin Cheveldayoff has actually talked about this and others have brought up the dual affiliation thing for this season. Will be interesting to see what teams partner together this year, would think Chicago would be a team the NHL teams would look at due to location and the way they run their team.

Reactions: Clinton Comets EHL

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

What is next?

The Return To Play Task Force will have a conference call this Saturday. The AHL Board of Governors will then meet on December 30th.
“That [Board of Governors meeting] will likely, but not necessarily, include a vote for plans on next season,” Syracuse Crunch owner Howard Dolgon told fans in a Facebook Live town hall this week.

So we should have some news tomorrow.

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad