Series Talk: 2021 Round 1 - Minnesota vs Vegas - Wild lose 4-3

Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I still think he’s better than Rask, Bjugstad, and maybe Johansson. Wouldn’t change anything with the lineup right now, but if we drop a couple, I think I’d replace Bjugstad.
Iv actually likes bjugstad on the 4th line lately. Starting to work hard and use his size. As much as I bash Johansson he is skating and finishing hits so I don’t know who I’d take out of the lineup just for a straight line semi quick pest.

Reactions: Dakota Sioux

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Iv actually likes bjugstad on the 4th line lately. Starting to work hard and use his size. As much as I bash Johansson he is skating and finishing hits so I don’t know who I’d take out of the lineup just for a straight line semi quick pest.
The shocking stat for me after game 1 was Johnasson's 6 hits. Didn't know he had that in him.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
boldys probably not coming in unless theres an injury or two, so id temper expectations and hope for a long playoff run if you want to see him
He is a Jack up the sleeve. If Wild get into trouble and Johansson and Parise have both faltered, he is a guy that can inject some life into the team.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
We are in good shape. I'm not terribly confident we will win this series without scoring GOALS, but we played out of our minds all over the ice. McFlurry wasn't as tested as he was during sections of game 1, but the game could have easily been 3-1 MIN. Instead it was suddenly 2-1 VEG.

The Wild need to draw more PP. They are winning board battles and the physical game right now 60/40. I love what I am seeing. They are playing incredibly aggressive hockey, maybe the most aggressive I've seen from a Wild team ever. Sticks in every lane. Skating and not quitting- except the few times they did and we got burned.

You have to think if Fiala plays like he did, or Kaprizov gets away a bit from shadowed and his line shutdown, and get us on the PP, we can get 3-4 goals which should be enough.

We didn't have many breakdowns tonight but Vegas made us pay when we did. And we can't say the same backwards.

Kaprizov did make a blatant trip you have to call at the end of the game. He knows he isn't getting on the score sheet. He knows he needs to try to make something happen.

I wonder if him 'taking responsibility' will be to come out and and have a three point night next game. Wouldn't surprise me.

Reactions: Bazeek and Val

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I wonder if Parise will get a start. I think the line that needs to be tinkered with is the Fiala line, but I don't really know what they can do. I think they played Sturm there earlier in the year, but maybe that is worth trying again? Break up the GREEF's?

It's probably too soon for desparate measures. We could've won that game, and are still tied. I am really not impressed with Johansson, though.

A Bundy

Mar 3, 2021
Didn't see the game last night, but is it maybe time to swap Hartman and Rask? Never had the best of feeling for that new combo, but worked out defensively I guess.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
On the bright side, if you told me we would be coming home with a 1-1 series I would've been happy.

However, I think they played well enough for it to be 2-0 Wild. I look to see Parise to be back and some of the lines to be shifted around for game 3.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
I wonder if they are gonna do anything about the late cross checks to kap eventually here? It’s getting quite comical how much after the whistle stuff in this series is just let go

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
As a general Parise detractor, he's still good around the net and they might need to get greasy if they want to beat Fleury more than once per game. My worry is that subbing him in for Johansson (presumably) would hurt them at even strength and, with the whistles swallowed, I don't know if the powerplay is going to be much of a factor. Maybe all that improves somewhat when they're at home and Evason has more control of matchups, though... plus Johansson hasn't exactly set a high bar so far.

Still think they just stick with what they have, though. For better or worse.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Terrible penalty by Kaprizov, what was he thinking, was a deliberate tripping too. This killed our last chance to tie it.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Zucc, Johansson, Hartman, and Rask in the top-9 showed their drag last game. Vegas trapped them on the blueline all night.

Time to put on deck Bjugstad, Sturm, and Boldy into the top-9.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Boldy into the top-9.

They aren't going to insert Boldy.

For every good decision that Guerin/Evason has made this season, they have also made some really mind boggling ones as well, including how they handled Boldy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad