Who wins?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
You could use the other players in his classes performance as a rough idea, a guy like Zegras who was widely considered ahead of Boldy was a minus player with a single assist through his first 6 games this season. Caufield was invisible in Montreal outside of 3 on 3 OT. I think Boldy is a great player, but to think there won’t be even a small adjustment period for him is shortsighted, and the margin is too slim in the playoffs to risk it.

I'm coming from the angle that he should have been called up several weeks ago, more than bringing him up for this series.

But that does beg the question, if Johansson and Rask are not currently contributing either, and Boldy could be up to speed by round 2, wouldn't that be a significant benefit to a potential Cup run?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
all in all, we played a really good game yesterday against a really good team. I dont know why people are looking for scapegoats

Exactly. This team did what it has done all season. Kept their composure, and continued to fight. We all know that VGK are a REALLY good team- they are going to force mistakes, just like we forced one on them (Pietrangelo).

Reactions: GuerinUp

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'll be honest, I'm kind of surprised at how down on Johansson everyone seems to be. I've barely noticed him but haven't really seen him screwing things up... unless that's the problem?
I agree. He's just there. He doesn't really help the team, but he's not really hurting it either.

Personally, I find that's it's kind of a herd mindset. A few people voiced that they didn't like Johansson and it snowballed from there.

When you have a guy who was brought in to be a top 6 player, and you're playing him opposite your second best forward, the description: "he doesn't really help, but doesn't really hurt, he's just kind of there" means that that player in that spot is an abject failure. Especially when the third guy on that line hurts more than he helps.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It's like Russo reads my mind...

Interesting that Beckman isn't among the names listed.....

Duhaime brings some grit. Think Shaw might get called up, too...maybe Dumont, who has been vg for Iowa all season, and might be the best choice for a C if needed. I don't think any of them will get any TOI before the taxi squad, though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
When you have a guy who was brought in to be a top 6 player, and you're playing him opposite your second best forward, the description: "he doesn't really help, but doesn't really hurt, he's just kind of there" means that that player in that spot is an abject failure. Especially when the third guy on that line hurts more than he helps.
Like I said, if that line continues to not generate much I agree it's a problem because having Fiala playing on an island hamstrings us badly against teams with more offensive punch. Just got the impression that there was more to it than that.

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
I know Zach is public enemy #1 for a few folks on here but this shit is sad tbh -- imo he should be in the lineup but w/e

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I know Zach is public enemy #1 for a few folks on here but this shit is sad tbh -- imo he should be in the lineup but w/e

who do you think he’s currently playing better than at LW?

I don’t think people see him as public enemy #1 around here. In fact, as a person, I feel most around here like him. It’s his contract and current level of play that people are down on.
For the most part, he’s taken the demotion with nothing but class.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN

Glad he’s getting some reps in, not sure what is sad about this other than the fact that time machines haven’t been invented yet to steal a young Parise back.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
tenor.gif

The players requested it? Well, there's a new one. Way to go, team!

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I can think of a couple people...
He's not my enemy in any way, but age catching up with him doesn't mean that he's no longer a deuchebag. I'm not going to feel bad for a guy that's getting exactly what he has coming to him.

Reactions: GuerinUp

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Incrementally more in my opinion, yes. Don't get me wrong because I'm not howling for them to do so, but if they take a 2-0 series lead back to the X and Johansson-Rask-Fiala continue to not generate much? It's worth seeing if Boldy can help spark something that they'll probably need against a team like Colorado.

If they take a 2-0 lead back home, why would you mess with anything? The time to tinker with things is when you've been losing games.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If they take a 2-0 lead back home, why would you mess with anything? The time to tinker with things is when you've been losing games.
Because I don't think what works against Vegas is going to work as well against Colorado, who's the likely 2nd round match-up. If you let them have the puck the Avs can hang 2-3 goals on you very quickly, and at that point you need to have more than one line that's able to create offense (especially if Ek's line is in full time shut-down mode). If Game 3 ends up being relatively low risk and that line isn't generating offense anyway, it's a good time to take the chance.

Plus despite all my hedging I do have a high degree of confidence in Boldy as a player. Whether he can get it going in 1 game or 5, I'm not sure... but I don't think it'll take him long.

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
At the end of the day you have to give your second best goal scorer something to work with. There’s no presence on that line to retrieve a puck. Johansson has shown at times he can control the puck through the neutral zone but looked pretty timid against a bigger and quicker Vegas team. I’m not sure what someone like Rask who isn’t strong enough to handle good college team nor is quick enough to be doing anything more than skating the wrong direction of the flow of the play is going. Although I’m sure this front office could explain why I’m wrong.

The time for a Boldy call up is long gone. This is their roster. He may get a game when it’s clear they are getting run out of a series.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Because I don't think what works against Vegas is going to work as well against Colorado, who's the likely 2nd round match-up. If you let them have the puck the Avs can hang 2-3 goals on you very quickly, and at that point you need to have more than one line that's able to create offense (especially if Ek's line is in full time shut-down mode). If Game 3 ends up being relatively low risk and that line isn't generating offense anyway, it's a good time to take the chance.

Plus despite all my hedging I do have a high degree of confidence in Boldy as a player. Whether he can get it going in 1 game or 5, I'm not sure... but I don't think it'll take him long.

I've wanted Boldy in the lineup over MarJo, Bjugstad, and Parise for awhile. The last 4 games of the season would have been the perfect time. 2 against the Ducks to get his feet wet and then 2 against STL to see a Playoff team. It would be a good sample just to see if he and Fiala work together.

My point was up 2-0 in the series, don't mess with what's working overall. Don't look ahead to the next series until you've won the 4 games in the current series. Close out the series in 4 games and don't give the other team any chance for a spark.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
He's not my enemy in any way, but age catching up with him doesn't mean that he's no longer a deuchebag. I'm not going to feel bad for a guy that's getting exactly what he has coming to him.

Uhm. Ok.

I'm not saying I agree or disagree with his being a douche, as I have never met the guy, but what makes you say it?

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
Pretty douchy to undermine your coaches and bring in a PP coach you believe is needed twice, pre and mid season.
Depends on how you look at it.
Is it douchey if you suggest something to the coach in an attempt to improve something and they don't listen? Not saying this happened, but we don't know the story. It could have been an honest attempt to make the team better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad