2021 Roster Thread XIV - Off-season edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Well he posted two seasons much better than Jones in the WHL if you believe in track records.

upload_2021-5-30_20-32-59.png

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
Yeah. The 80s were not so great to be a Phillies fan. I didn't discover football or hockey until the 90s.

I went to so many Phils games in the mid-late 80s. I think my dad got tickets through work. So many losses, so very many losses. So they were my first introduction to sports. But my dad was a huge Eagles & Flyers fan, and that 87 Cup run hooked me for life.

Also, TIL that Steve Jeltz became a bounty hunter.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
You know it's to comically bad levels when you have people saying that Sanheim is better than Jones.

I have no dog in this fight - I simply haven't keyed in on Jones enough when I've seen him play to have a strong opinion on him one way or the other and while I respect analytics I don't follow them myself. Could you please elaborate on the case for Jones being better than Sanheim?

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I hate that Eichel’s stuck with a trash organization that can’t draft, develop, or trade for good complimentary pieces to build around him.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Oh man!!!

They were so, so good. First time buying em from Costco. Definitely not going to be hesitant to get em from there again. Highly recommend!

Try the Filets. I used to get the Ribeyes, then realized once you factored in the gristle and fat, the Filets were about the same price per edible pound and even more tender and tasty.

I go Choice over Prime, not just cheaper, but I really don't like meat with too much fat, Prime comes from a time when marbling was the be and and end all with meat.

flyers0909

Nothing Matters
Jul 10, 2007
Try the Filets. I used to get the Ribeyes, then realized once you factored in the gristle and fat, the Filets were about the same price per edible pound and even more tender and tasty.

I go Choice over Prime, not just cheaper, but I really don't like meat with too much fat, Prime comes from a time when marbling was the be and and end all with meat.
Agreed, ribeye is just a bit too much fat for me. I usually switch between filets and NY Strip

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hell with that! I was born too late to really remember the 80 Phils or even the 83 Sixers. I lived more 3 decades before I got to see a single freaking championship team, after having my heart completely broken in 87. You damned kids already have seen a WS win and a freaking Super Bowl. You don't know pain.

Don't talk to me about pain!
I started watching the Eagles in the 1960s, the Sixers well before 9-73, the Flyers with the French line, the Phillies with Carlton winning 27 games and the team winning 63.

The true Philadelphia fan embraces the hurt, knowing that someday they will climb the mountain (we're not Cubs fans, the ultimate in masochism).

The Dread Pirate Roberts was a Philadelphia sports fan, he knew what it felt like when the dial was turned all the way up.

Reactions: Macallan67

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Don’t get me wrong, I’d love either player. However, from where I’m sitting, we need two defenseman one of which being a top pairing guy. A second line center, winger and a reliable backup goalie that can handle playing multiple games in a row on little rest.
Haha I think we need less than that and still think we are f***ed.

But getting Eichel alone would give us the best 1-2 in the league. One would be out 2/3 of the game. Think about all the things that well when Couts is out there. It would be very hard to play against.

Reactions: Canfly

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia

Somehow, your opinions on meat are even worse than hockey.

Reactions: mja

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
Filets are usually my go to. There’s levels to it obviously but my mindset is at the end of the day steak is steak. I can’t complain even if it’s lower tier cut.

Sirloin is my redline for steak cuts. It’s like chewing on a tire.

Ribeye & Filet’s are where it’s at. I’m also partial to flank steak!

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
What does it say about Provorov that he can't even outplay Travis Sanheim at ES over the last 3 seasons?

Classic Sanheim lover answer.... if your truly a Flyer fan.... you should want both to succeed. Both need to be better end of f***ing story. All you guys need to stop with this nonsense about Provy vs Sanheim (go back to the endless fire AV posts that at least has some logic to it).... Provorov has been a better player than Sanheim ....no advanced f***ing stat can tell anyone that knows the game otherwise....when i've seen both play 98% of any game they've ever played in as NHLers.

Could Sanheim become a better D then Provorov I doubt it but could happen if he gets a solid partner that allows him to focus on his strengths (that would be great if it happens especially if Provorov plays like 2020 Provorov because that would mean we would likely have 2 stud D pairings).

Provorov was not good this year and we need him to be better as we need Sanheim to be better. Would I be happy if they both become great 2 way Dman on the Flyers.... Yes like we all should if you really like this team and aren't trying to sell your f***** personal agendas. I want both players to succeed on our team..... If they get traded then I could care f**** less how they become....because I'm a f***** Flyer fan and not a Sanheim or Provorov fan (both have done nothing for this team to deserve adulation if they leave unlike a Richards/Carter or G who at least accomplished something for the team/fan base)

This is aimed at all that keep spewing this Sanheim vs Provy nonsense... i'm tired of reading about it every damn day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce