Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I think the real misunderstanding is the difference between “competing” and “contending”. This team is a long way from “contending” for a Stanley Cup but not too far off “competing” for a playoff spot.

They need a 1C or someone with potential to be a 1C. This is something that Bob can’t sit back and wait for because chances are it might not come just by drafting in the top 10. And they need Drysdale and Zegras to be as advertised, hopefully starting next season

agree with all of this. I’ll also add that just because many of us think we’re competing doesn’t mean we think we should be “buying” or not trading players like Manson. The team is clearly on the right path imo, as we have seen some progression from some players we needed to this year; we’re just still a ways away from contending. Murray should be handling the roster as such.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
This team is just full of mediocre there is literally 15-18 forwards including San Diego gulls players that would all have similar impacts. Our defensemen create literally zero offense. I am so f***ing sick of Cam Fowler, Silfverberg and Henrique. There is also 8-10 defensemen that are all similar the only defensemen that we have that is clearly above is Lindholm and Fowler is slightly above the rest. This shit sucks if we didn't have Gibson I don't even want to know where we would be. I hope our San Diego kids develop if not this is going to be the next Minnesota Wild.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Wtf lol he deserves it though with his performance thus far. f***ing just signed the guy.

Reactions: KaseMeOutside

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Henrique has status enough in this league that I very much doubt we would bury him, we have never done that with a player of his track record.

Something will have to give.

Reactions: Mr Rogers

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Also wondering if this is connected to Eakins saying select vets are "distracted" by the ongoing forward competition with the young guys.

Reactions: McDonald19

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
He could arguably be our worst player thus far.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Also wonder if this is because milano is healthy. He's probably in the lineup tonight in henrique's spot.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
Its obvious he wanted a trade and wanted out. But no one wanted him or were willin to give up picks for him

So they dumped him

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
It is a good move for the Ducks as I think someone will pick him up even though his cap hit is high. He has too much experience and when he gets hot, he does produce.

...at least I’m hoping someone takes him.

John

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Small chance, but this could be a way to get a team to pick him up that was on his no trade list.

I had that thought to, or at least as a way to push him into waiving for such a team. That is how Todd Marchant got here, after all.

It's a little odd, didn't he even wear the A last game? So unless something happened as recently as that night or yesterday it seems weird if there's been locker room issues. Oe I dunno, who's to say what's going on.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I'm glad the Ducks are doing something but this is surprising. There must be something going on behind the scenes. Henrique has always been so consistent with his play. This season has been an anomaly for him. To give up on their top goal scorer from last season after part of a season of bad play this year, it just seems too soon.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal

This is the situation with our finishing. Also a good litmus test for analytics and the eye test. Henrique hasn't been good, but maybe not as bad as I have hammered on about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad