Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Henrique has been bad no doubt this season, but he is also coming off a 27 goal season in 71 games, hopefully a GM sees that and claims him.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

This is the situation with our finishing. Also a good litmus test for analytics and the eye test. Henrique hasn't been good, but maybe not as bad as I have hammered on about.

I don't think he's been as bad as others but I was kind of shocked how decent his underlying numbers were and how even with his contract some analytics guys were advocating flat out claiming him.

That's what makes me wonder about the whole thing. He got benched last game after the third goal and his ice time in the last two has been down but they've still been playing him on that line and on all special teams, banishment to the taxi squad seems like quite a leap from that.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
Henrique has been bad no doubt this season, but he is also coming off a 27 goal season in 71 games, hopefully a GM sees that and claims him.

That's why I am so surprised that the Ducks aren't giving him time to improve. 27 goals last season and years left on the contract.... it just seems like there is more to this story. BM generally gives players, coaches, etc... more time to figure it out.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Not sure what’s going on with him
Obviously no one wanted to trade for him

maybe if he passes waivers a team may trade

he’s a smart player that could help a team at center and wing
Will be interesting to see where this leads

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Not sure what’s going on with him
Obviously no one wanted to trade for him

maybe if he passes waivers a team may trade

he’s a smart player that could help a team at center and wing
Will be interesting to see where this leads
I definitely could see him coming back to form on the right line. Probably best suited at W these days with a centre who can do most of the heavy lifting

Reactions: pbgoalie

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
That's why I am so surprised that the Ducks aren't giving him time to improve. 27 goals last season and years left on the contract.... it just seems like there is more to this story. BM generally gives players, coaches, etc... more time to figure it out.

I dunno if there is more to the story or not, but does seem kind of sudden. Don’t see them bringing anyone else up from SD other than anyone from the Taxi squad. Zegras is not ready yet to come up, needs more time in the AHL. Maybe Milano comes in tonight? He was not in the Gulls line up last night.

All I know is shake ups like this are needed when a team cannot score more than one goal in a game.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
My first thought it this is a way around the NTC and someone not on his trade list wants him. But that being said I can’t see anyone taking that contract unless there’s something else in the works where whoever claims him sends us a less than desirable contract back.

It just seems so sudden given that last season he was one of our best players. I wouldn’t think you waive a guy with Henriques pedigree after 15 or so games of bad play.

Reactions: Hey234

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
There is more to this.....

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
The other thing could be that Bob knows no one will claim him and wants to get other guys into the lineup and needs Henrique on the taxi squad while rotating other guys in. But I think my first thought that something is up is more likely.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Probably. But when he is not claimed does it matter? He will more than likely just be put on the taxi squad meaning the waiver is more of an F you?
Could be a trade after clearing. Could be anything.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The other thing could be that Bob knows no one will claim him and wants to get other guys into the lineup and needs Henrique on the taxi squad while rotating other guys in. But I think my first thought that something is up is more likely.

That's possible but they could also just scratch him, like they presumably would tonight. Could also be a total cap move but I dunno it all seems quite sudden.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Oh wow, Rico on waivers? Did NOT see that coming.

I can't see anyone claiming him, so one has to wonder what this is about. Bob sending a message by throwing him into the taxi for a while? Can't imagine Rico being happy about that either...

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Buffalo comes to mind immediately. They need to shake things up as well. Henrique's family farm is nearby so perhaps he's willing to waive to go there.

Okposo has a similar cap hit, one less year on the deal and is on a deflated salary the next couple seasons. A deal involving those two saves the Ducks quite a bit of money in the short term and gets them clear of the contract sooner. Buffalo takes the chance on the guy less removed from being an impact player.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
"Adam is not alone in this," Ducks general manager Bob Murray said. "But I'm tired of talking and waiting. We need results and difficult decisions must be made."

Based on that statement Rico is as good as gone. Wonder where Bob plans on shipping him?

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Don't mind the move by any means but I wish we'd do more in terms of actually moving guys out if BM isn't happy with the core vs just shit like this.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Rico has looked really lazy. For comparison, Ricky has been working his ass off.

Rico will not get claimed tho. Those teams who could use him, does not have the cap space

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah I'm fairly certain this is leading up to a trade. Worth trying to dump the entire contract first, before taking money back.

Just crossing my fingers this isn't DeAngelo

A thought I had a while back was the other New York team, where their GM drafted Rico and they've got something of a need at LW, it would just involve taking a bad contract or two back.

Columbus was another thought. We already know they're on his list, which is curious in of itself, and seemingly could use a center just like Henrique. They also could claim him in the short term and trade something out later.

Reactions: WhatTheDuck
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad