Chase De Leo
Max Comtois
Andrew Agozzino
Brendan Guhle/Jani Hakanpaa
Kodie Curran
Anthony Stolarz

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'm super excited for the season. Last year was such a rebuild to me that it was painful. Even though we still have a long way to go it feels like we are significantly closer any some of our young guys should start taking a serious step forward.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
My prediction:

Rakell-Getzlaf-Milano
Zegras-Henrique-Silfverberg
Heinen-Steel-Terry
Jones-Grant-Rowney
Backes
Deslauriers

Lindholm-Manson
Fowler-Shattenkirk
Djoos-Larsson
Guhle/Hakanpaa

Gibson
Miller

Taxi squad:

Chase De Leo
Max Comtois
Andrew Agozzino
Kodie Curran
Anthony Stolarz

That top 6 could squeeze the Ducks into a playoff spot. Granted the D stays mostly healthy and Gibson plays his game.

Bergey37

May 19, 2019
That top 6 could squeeze the Ducks into a playoff spot. Granted the D stays mostly healthy and Gibson plays his game.
I think if the team can play with consistency and heart (will to win) they will EARN a playoff spot.

First, I think DE has gotten a more clear mandate from Bob on how to keep the team focused and driven. He needs to stick to his message of drive and encouragement.

Second, I think we need to seriously reduce the line blending - these guys need to find some chemistry. Last year was rough for the kids; who's to say for certain that they can't step up this year if they can get comfortable on a line with the same linemates? If those 20-some-point guys can become even 40-point guys, that's a lot more goals going in!

Shattenkirk WILL help the power play; that alone will contribute a few more wins.

In terms of steady lines, I think Rakell needs to learn how to play with Getzlaf and stay there. Heinen can be the digger and go to the net - he's shown that he can.

Terry needs to play with Rico - they complement each other. The perfect LW on that line IMHO is Comtois, but we'll see. If the Gulls are playing, it might be best to have MC play with Zegras there; but NEITHER should be on the taxi squad - they have to play.

I'd still like to get a veteran scorer and would gladly lose Milano to make it happen.

Even though it's a short season and no fans, it's an important year for the young players, and some of the veterans, too. What happens this season will form the decisions made going forward.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Second, I think we need to seriously reduce the line blending - these guys need to find some chemistry. Last year was rough for the kids; who's to say for certain that they can't step up this year if they can get comfortable on a line with the same linemates? If those 20-some-point guys can become even 40-point guys, that's a lot more goals going in!

For that to happen we need to stay healthy. In a weird pandemic year, I wouldn't count on it.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
My prediction:

Taxi squad:

Chase De Leo
Max Comtois
Andrew Agozzino
Kodie Curran
Anthony Stolarz

No Lundestrom love? If you prefer De Leo over Lundestrom, then okay. It just seemed odd to not see Lundestrom.

BTW, I like the top-6 you listed. Rico and Silfy will be happy recipients of any Zegras pass. I'm meh on Jones on the fourth line and don't want to mess with the chemistry with Des-Grant-Rowney.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I feel like one thing we can discern is that a LHD will be playing RD unless we ice an AHLer for the third pairing.
Larsson played right side in Sweden in D+1. I think he will be a good option on 3rd pair, but also Haakanpaa is RHD and wasn't Curran playing right side, albeit being leftie

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Larsson played right side in Sweden in D+1. I think he will be a good option on 3rd pair, but also Haakanpaa is RHD and wasn't Curran playing right side, albeit being leftie

Only on the power play, from what I've seen. Pretty sure he was on the left side at even strength.

Reactions: Kalv

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
No Lundestrom love? If you prefer De Leo over Lundestrom, then okay. It just seemed odd to not see Lundestrom.

BTW, I like the top-6 you listed. Rico and Silfy will be happy recipients of any Zegras pass. I'm meh on Jones on the fourth line and don't want to mess with the chemistry with Des-Grant-Rowney.
Not listed on the current camp roster so I'm beginning to wonder if he's going to remain in Sweden all season. If he's on the final camp roster then I'd slot him in. Zegras of course isn't either due to the WJCs, but he's been impressive enough to where I expect him to at least get a look with the big club. There's also Letteri who I believe would be the next man up if we want someone with more experience, like a De Leo.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Not listed on the current camp roster so I'm beginning to wonder if he's going to remain in Sweden all season. If he's on the final camp roster then I'd slot him in. Zegras of course isn't either due to the WJCs, but he's been impressive enough to where I expect him to at least get a look with the big club. There's also Letteri who I believe would be the next man up if we want someone with more experience, like a De Leo.

Huh. That's interesting about the roster info. I know both Lundestrom and Larsson were recalled from their HockeyAllsvenskan teams several weeks ago. Here's the link to Lundestrom's recall: here. There was a tweet shared on this message board about both and Dostal too. (Dostal isn't on the offical roster as well.) Axel Andersson wasn't recalled from his HockeyAllsvenskan team, though, or not that I know of because after Lundestrom and Larsson were recalled, Andersson was still playing with his HA team. If you go to scoreboard(dot)com, then you can check the recent games and look who played in their lineups: Timra for Lundestrom, Kristianstads for Larsson, and Sodertalje for Andersson.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Giving someone a spot before testing how they actually perform is a bad idea. He is still unproven at pro level

If he is going to come right into the NHL this year, considering this team's lack of depth, throwing him on a 2nd line wouldn't be that bad of an idea. Give him some weapons as well, and playing with say Henrique and/or Silf will only help his development and learn to play good two way hockey and will also protect him as well. Plus, both those guys can score goals. Could be a very productive line. I think Eakins will be spreading the Top 3 lines pretty evenly in ice time anyway. We really don't have a Top line, but if the pieces start falling into place for a top line then awesome.

Leonardo87

Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Ducks hockey is so freaking close I can almost taste it. I desperately want one of our young guys to have a stand-out season, we need it.

Hopefully it doesn't taste like Roasted Duck. lol. Would like to see them be at least somewhat competitive and go in the right direction.

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Giving someone a spot before testing how they actually perform is a bad idea. He is still unproven at pro level

Yeah he still needs to earn that spot. The world juniors don’t guarantee anyone shit at the NHL level. That’s where we are at a disadvantage with no pre season - we can’t audition guys for jobs as easily as in other seasons.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
I believe World Junior guys have to quarantine for a week after they return from the tournament. So Zegras would only be able to make a couple days of camp before the season starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->