Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
The height of some players are interesting, it seems reduced. Raks and Terry are now 6'0 but they were at least 6'1 in previous seasons I am very sure. Max Jones is 6'1 but I am sure he was regarded as high as 6'3 previously.

That being said Dostal is 6'2 just like Miller and Gibson (who uesed to be regarded as 6'3).

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
The height of some players are interesting, it seems reduced. Raks and Terry are now 6'0 but they were at least 6'1 in previous seasons I am very sure. Max Jones is 6'1 but I am sure he was regarded as high as 6'3 previously.

That being said Dostal is 6'2 just like Miller and Gibson (who uesed to be regarded as 6'3).
Jones was listed as 6'3 when the Ducks drafted him. That probably excited Carlyle at the draft.
In NA pro sports Men tend to add an inch or two to their height when they list their height. Dostal was listed before as 6'1. I kinda doubt Fowler is really 6'1, more like 6'0.
I am laughing now that all the swedish forwards are now listed as same height as me lol. Silf and Rak now really are 6'0 instead of 6'2 ? lol.
If they had drafted Rossi, i now wonder if he's actually 5'8 or 5'7 & a half.
In acting the actors tend to add an inch or two as well while the tall actresses tend to subtract an inch (women in hollywood seem to like to be further away from 6'0).

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Jones was listed as 6'3 when the Ducks drafted him. That probably excited Carlyle at the draft.
In NA pro sports Men tend to add an inch or two to their height when they list their height. Dostal was listed before as 6'1. I kinda doubt Fowler is really 6'1, more like 6'0.
I am laughing now that all the swedish forwards are now listed as same height as me lol. Silf and Rak now really are 6'0 instead of 6'2 ? lol.
If they had drafted Rossi, i now wonder if he's actually 5'8 or 5'7 & a half.
In acting the actors tend to add an inch or two as well while the tall actresses tend to subtract an inch (women in hollywood seem to like to be further away from 6'0).
Pardon my pro-level research :laugh: But I think Cam is 6'2 like he was presented for years:
9629701-john-gibson-nhl-vancouver-canucks-anaheim-ducks.jpg

He plays like he is 5'11 but he is not short.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Skater skates are much higher than Goalie skates too..

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
NEW NUMBERS:

#12 Sonny Milano (was #22)
#22 Kevin Shattenkirk
#23 Sam Steel (was #34)
#34 Jamie Drysdale
#40 Vinni Lettieri
#44 Kodie Curran
#46 Trevor Zegras (was #52)
#64 Jacob Perreault
#70 Andrew Poturalski (was #43)

I'm surprised Terry still has #61, was hoping he'd take #19.

EDIT: It also lists both Backes and Manson as #42, but I'm guessing Backes is still #21.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
NEW NUMBERS:

#12 Sonny Milano (was #22)
#22 Kevin Shattenkirk
#23 Sam Steel (was #34)
#34 Jamie Drysdale
#40 Vinni Lettieri
#44 Kodie Curran
#46 Trevor Zegras (was #52)
#64 Jacob Perreault

I'm surprised Terry still has #61, was hoping he'd take #19.

EDIT: It also lists both Backes and Manson as #42, but I'm guessing Backes is still #21.

glad he is finally getting 23

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
So who is Zegras going to play with? I would start by playing him as a winger. Maybe put him with Getzlaf and Rakell so he could both set up and finish plays with them. That would make him face good opposing players every night though, but I think Getz and Raks could cover for him enough. The other option is to put him with Henrique and I guess Silfverberg would be on that line as well. Although, I would rather have someone else play there 'cos I see Henrique and Silfverberg facing other teams' top lines. The lineup is so hard to predict. I don't like the idea of Zegras and Steel together. Steel is still learning, so he can't watch over Zegras the same way as Getzlaf and Henrique. 4th line spot isn't an option.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I can guarantee Zegras and Steel won't be paired together

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
I think Terry and Z together could be magical. They definitely would need an energy presence who can score alongside them. Comtois down the road could work. Maybe grant henrique or silfverberg could do for the time being.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I hope they atleast stream a training camp scrimmage.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I think Terry and Z together could be magical. They definitely would need an energy presence who can score alongside them. Comtois down the road could work. Maybe grant henrique or silfverberg could do for the time being.
They would definitely need a shooter or else they’d never stop passing :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille