2021 Roster Discussion -- The Season Begins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
In the comments Chad made it clear he meant it was Fleury.

If Vegas dont retain significantly I hope they pay us to eat the cap.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Arizona and Raanta is the most obvious answer. He's a UFA at the end of the season and Arizona could use the draft picks

When I posted on the trade forum, me and an Arizona poster agreed to Carter Hutton ($2.25 million, UFA at end of year) + 2nd + 3rd for Raanta ($4.25 million, UFA at end of year)

The cap works out because we have Girgensons' $2.2 million on LTIR that isn't currently being used

im not giving up a 2nd and 3rd for a UFA goalie.

MAF would be big if true, but Okposo would need to go the other way or Vegas would need to retain 50% for the remainder of the contract to make it work

r rn 50% retain, buffalo doesn’t have the space.

they could have MAF retained = Miller. I don’t see Vegas wanting that deal.

Such a question, if we, for example, trade for Fleury, then we will have to defend him in the expansion draft, but, for example, Seattle can take Ullmark or he will become a free agent, and after the draft we can re-sign him?

Ullmark us a UFA. Seattle signs him counts as taking a buffalo player in ED. If they acquired any goalie with term he’d be the one that gets protected.

if buffalo is going to acquire a goalie...they need to look bigger. They need to look at someone under contract for 2 yrs after this year to bridge for UPL who could be the starter in 23/24 season.

getting a rental doesn’t cut it.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Chad said it wasn't Raanta, Gibson, Miller, Rittich and Petersen. He also mentioned that the hardest part is getting the space in the cap to work. I think it's Fleury.

Why do people keep falling for these type of "insiders" ... " it's not this guy..or that guy..or the one over there" "it's complicated" ... Yeah my source confirmed all these details to me but wouldn't give me the true name.. but he definitely told me it wasn't Raanta. Definitely.

Stop listening to these grifters.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Why do people keep falling for these type of "insiders" ... " it's not this guy..or that guy..or the one over there" "it's complicated" ... Yeah my source confirmed all these details to me but wouldn't give me the true name.. but he definitely told me it wasn't Raanta. Definitely.

Chad before that said truthful things and more than once.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Broken clock is right twice a day.

Throw enough sh*t. Some will stick.
This is not an entirely correct comparison. You can just walk by if you're not interesed, good luck.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011

He said he knew the name but wasn’t comfortable sharing it yet. Practically confirmed it was MAF in the replies.

Reactions: itwasaforwardpass

Man of Principles

The Krueger Effect
Nov 30, 2011

You guys gotta stop dumping on the guy. He broke the Kahun trade, and he's also been correct about them chatting with Columbus in the past about Korpisalo with the price being too high. He also has great analytical insights that are useful. I'd say he's more in tune than anyone working for WGR and anyone else with a "secret source". He's obviously gaining steam and notoriety and you hate it.

Also if you have a bone to pick with analytics, just say you're an idiot. This isn't to you specifically but to everyone. It's how the game is broken down and researched these days, and it is very much used by lots of NHL teams if not all.

Don't be a Mike Harrington. By that I mean, don't put more energy into smearing someone than you do trying to bring anything to the table.

Last edited:

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Broken clock is right twice a day.

Throw enough sh*t. Some will stick.

id like to see a rumoravgrating on these peop,e toseewho is reliable.

I’m sure they have talked to other teams on various trade proposals. I’m confidenttheytalkedto Columbus on PLD.

thatdoesnt mean anything though.

if do believe e they are looking for a goalie under contract/RFA for next year. They might not do this until closer to the deadline after talking to Ullmark on contract extension.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
You guys gotta stop dumping on the guy. He broke the Kahun trade, and he's also been correct about them chatting with Columbus in the past about Korpisalo with the price being too high. He also has great analytical insights that are useful. I'd say he's more in tune than anyone working for WGR and anyone else with a "secret source". He's obviously gaining steam and notoriety and you hate it.

Also if you have a bone to pick with analytics, just say you're an idiot. This isn't to you specifically but to everyone. It's how the game is broken down and researched these days, and it is very much used by lots of NHL teams if not all.

Don't be a Mike Harrington. By that I mean, don't put more energy into smearing someone than you do trying to bring anything to the table.

1) I didn't say anything about analytics. Analytics are useful to an extent. They are not useful to tell me what I should or should not think about Curtis Lazar in the 2nd period of a hockey game.

2) I congratulate him on the Kahun get... one day he'll be in Eklund territory.

DolanPlsGoSabres

スカンデッラ
Mar 17, 2013
Nagoya
id like to see a rumoravgrating on these peop,e toseewho is reliable.

I’m sure they have talked to other teams on various trade proposals. I’m confidenttheytalkedto Columbus on PLD.

thatdoesnt mean anything though.

if do believe e they are looking for a goalie under contract/RFA for next year. They might not do this until closer to the deadline after talking to Ullmark on contract extension.

"Sources say" is something said by more or less everybody, from journalists, complete spreaders of cowdung, to panelists. The "sources" probably have confidentiality obligations so they a) can't break everything and b) remain anonymous.
Even stuff like contract extension reports are often first broken by "sources" with details such as term/salary not disclosed. Trade rumours are probably in the same ilk, just that there's less reports about them unless they're picking up steam/close to confirmed.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
I'll throw my hat into the Fluery gig. It hangs on one player from each team needing to waive their NTC.

To VGK:
Carter Hutton $2,750,000 21' (50 % retained)
Brandon Montour $3,850,000 21' (50% retained)
Kyle Okposo $6,000,000 23'
Buffalo 2022 3rd

Money out: $9,300,000
Money in: $12,000,000
Cap Savings: -2,700,000 (-500,000 w/LTIR)

To Buffalo
Jonathan Marchessault $5,000,000 24'
Marc Andre Fluery $7,000,000. 22'
Peyton Krebs Minors ELC

Money out: $12,000,000
Money in: $9,300,000
Cap Savings: $2,700,000

Why Buffalo does it:
Montour out allows cap flexibility and opens a spot for Borgen.
Hutton out allows cap flexibility and opens a spot for Fleury.
Okposo out allows a cap savings of 1 million off Okposo but we get an additional year on Marchessault, who is a more capable winger at this point
We move our annual 3rd round pick out
We can absorb the additional cap with Zemgod on IR.
We get a great prospect in Krebs
It shakes this f***ing team up

Why Las Vegas does it:
Save a good amount of cap so they can do whatever they please
Save a year on Okposo
Hutton and Montour are UFA after this year giving them over 3 million in cap space this off-season and usable depth options now
The won't like giving up Krebs (at all)
They finally put this Fleury saga to bed and hand the reigns to Lehner.
They dont have to move any picks this year and gain a 2022 pick

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Miller + Hutton for Fleury + 2nd or 3rd maybe

As has been mentioned - retention is needed. We can't spend to the cap because of performance bonuses.

This basis works though.

BUF goalie (Hutton preferably) + Miller

For

MAF (~12% retained)

If we can get a pick out of it - all the better. No need to over complicate it.

In an ideal world we'd still need to add a top 6 calibre LHD somehow with that deal also being cap-neutral.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
As has been mentioned - retention is needed. We can't spend to the cap because of performance bonuses.

This basis works though.

BUF goalie (Hutton preferably) + Miller

For

MAF (~12% retained)

If we can get a pick out of it - all the better. No need to over complicate it.

In an ideal world we'd still need to add a top 6 calibre LHD somehow with that deal also being cap-neutral.
Alex Martinez would be a fantastic LD add.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad