2021 Roster Discussion -- The Season Begins!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I don't know why you're getting crap. If we could make that deal we need to do it immediately. As if this FO could draft a guy of value outside of the top-10 to begin with.

I don’t know what you tried to write. This didn’t make sense to me.

There is no reason to do this. All the Sabres need to do is waive Okposo next year. He can then decide if he wants to play in Rochester for two years to collect the last $6 million on his contract. If he decides to play in Rochester I would welcome him there with open arms. He could captain the Americans for two years and show the young guys how to be a pro (something that Okposo unquestionably is). The Sabres would save, I believe, $1,050,000.00 in cap space each year and his Buffalo roster spot would be taken by a vet like Reider or Sheahan at $700k (ish) or by a kid on an ELC (Quinn, Peterka, Ruotsalainen, etc). There is no reason to give up a significant asset to get rid of the contract. Unfortunately, there is no indication that the organizational leadership (Adams/Krueger) have the courage to waive him.

Also an option, but one that doesn’t really save much.

Rowley Birkin

Oct 31, 2004
Trade all upcoming UFAS with any value. Bench KO. Play the young guys, see what we have.

Try to acquire a LD such as Ekholm if it's possible.

Did i mention - fire RK & hire Gallant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad