Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Can we please get zegras carrick Terry or carrick zegras Terry on Wednesday.

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Let's get Benoit into a few games while Manson is out. They could play similar roles. (Yes I realize one is RD and one is LD)

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Benoit should obviously get the first opportunity, but it would also be cool to see both Carrick brothers in an NHL game. Maybe they can fly out the family.

Yeah, one game for the brothers would be nice.

I remember when Carolina did that for three of the Staals, even though Jared was barely an AHL quality player.

Reactions: duxfan1101
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I’m not sure if it was already discussed yet here, but did Backes basically confirm he was leaning towards retirement this summer? My Athletic subscription ran out and can’t read the whole article.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
I’m not sure if it was already discussed yet here, but did Backes basically confirm he was leaning towards retirement this summer? My Athletic subscription ran out and can’t read the whole article.

Yup!!! And that’s even more money off the cap that I DONT want Murray to have come Off season. This is way to dynamite, and a turn for the best in the right direction of rebuilding for a new qualified GM

Backes, 36, said it’s a “possibility, I’d say it’s more of a probability, but it’s not a certainty” that he would retire at season’s end. He said he wished to make a decision after the season, rather than during “the grind of the season” when emotions might play too large a role.

Ducks’ David Backes mulling over decision to retire at season’s end – Orange County Register

FiveHoleTickler

Sponsor
Sep 21, 2018
Yup!!! And that’s even more money off the cap that I DONT want Murray to have come Off season. This is way to dynamite, and a turn for the best in the right direction of rebuilding for a new qualified GM

Backes, 36, said it’s a “possibility, I’d say it’s more of a probability, but it’s not a certainty” that he would retire at season’s end. He said he wished to make a decision after the season, rather than during “the grind of the season” when emotions might play too large a role.

Ducks’ David Backes mulling over decision to retire at season’s end – Orange County Register

His potential retirement is moot in regards to the cap. His contract is up after this season.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Hello Duck fans,
I'm not sure if there's a "Max Jones thread", so forgive me for posting this here. I thought you may be interested in the Max Jones, London Knights, autographed jersey that I just listed on Ebay. Check it out. Here are the photos...

Attachments

• Jones 1 .jpg
    Jones 1 .jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Jones 2.jpg
    Jones 2.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 2
  • Jones 3.jpg
    Jones 3.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: MMC

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I actually wouldn't mind having Backes return for something close to the minimum if he doesn't hang it up. He's a perfect 13th forward for a young group like this.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Benoit and Zegras have both been added to the roster from the taxi squad, Trevor Carrick is still on the taxi squad.

Last edited:

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Comtois/Rakell Henrique Terry (Henrique Terry are good together)
Rakell/Comtois Zegras Carrick (Zegras Carrick are good together)
Steel Lundestrom Getzlaf (Gives Getzlaf atleast a little offensive weapons)
Deslauriers Grant Jones (Grind)

Reactions: DavidBL

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Sit Manson and Shattenkirk for the rest of the season.

Fowler-Fleury
Benoit-Drysdale
Mahura-Curran

:)

Fleury is LD... I am the biggest Benoit fan here, I have been talking about him for a long while but Fleury is definitely in their long term plans imo, I would continue to play him with Drysdale.

Reactions: EXTRAS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad