Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
or we could just make a troll line that would never work Zegras Getzlaf Terry.... lol or maybe it would lol

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I do like the fact that the Ducks are drafting high skill AND high character guys. You can tell both Zegras and Drysdale are high character good locker room guys, Zegras didn't pout when he was sent back down and always more happy for his teammates than himself. We also have Terry who is one of our better players and is younger who obviously is a super smart super intelligent guy who also seems like a great locker room guy. Love listening to his interviews he actually thinks about his answers instead of the typical answers every other player gives.

Reactions: MCB and Kalv

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'd like to see more of this line: Comtois/Zegras/Terry.
2 playmakers can work and they both are capable shooters who will only get better and stronger.
Having the added muscle of Comtois with Zegras and Terry gives them some protection.
Jones is big too but his hands are made of stone.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I want to see Comtois zegras carrick.

Zegras has so much chemistry with carrick and it would give him 2 big fast strong wingers that can finish

Let Terry drive another line

Reactions: Kalv

KyleJRM

Jun 6, 2007
North Dakota
I'm not saying I am opposed to it per se, but if we are talking about Carrick playing a prominent role next season and counting on Terry to "drive" a scoring line, we are going to be tanking for a top pick again. That's not a serious attempt to win NHL games

Reactions: Deuce22

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not saying I am opposed to it per se, but if we are talking about Carrick playing a prominent role next season and counting on Terry to "drive" a scoring line, we are going to be tanking for a top pick again. That's not a serious attempt to win NHL games
Well no shit, our team sucks. We aren't going to magically be a playoff team next season its months away and there's no McDavid this draft.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Well no shit, our team sucks. We aren't going to magically be a playoff team next season its months away and there's no McDavid this draft.
I agree. I was hopeful this year we would be able to sneak in, but the veterans didn't live up, and the kids were slower to progress than I hoped. Lindholm having his worst injuries in his already injury-riddled career wasn't helping.

Next year I expect us to be better than this year, but then again if we ship out Rakell, Manson, or Lindholm, I will be looking for Shane Wright right away.

Reactions: UnfinishedBusiness

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Mahura added to the NHL roster. No idea who he would slot in for, especially since Larsson is coming off a big game. My gut says Benoit would sit, but I hope that’s not the case.

bsu

Sep 27, 2017
Eakins on the Comtois-Zegras-Terry line: "They're playing excellent...they're bringing us a real buzz..it's because they all have similar skill sets, or their skills complement each other. They're hungry, and they know their importance to our organization and our team"

Eakins on Terry: "His transformation this year has been excellent...he's quietly turned into one of our most responsible forwards."

Terry: "We're not playing to not make mistakes anymore"

Terry on Zegras in the faceoff circle: "First of all, I was really impressed with how he's done on faceoffs."

Reactions: Static

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
According to moneypuck none other than our very own MAX JONES made the list for the 25 worst shooters in the NHL with a predicted shooting talent (whatever that is) of

-24.5% the worst in the league is Joakim Nordstrom with 33.2%

there’s 5 players in between Jones and last place

keep mucking it up max we need you for the entertainment value if nothing else

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
According to moneypuck none other than our very own MAX JONES made the list for the 25 worst shooters in the NHL with a predicted shooting talent (whatever that is) of

If you combined Steel's brain with Jones' frame, you might actually have a pretty good player. But sadly, it cannot be done, and I think Jones' lack of offensive IQ holds him back from being anything more than a 4th liner at the NHL level.

Beginning to look like we completely whiffed with the 2016 class.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Any word if drysdale will be back in the lineup next game?

Wow, get a load of this guy from a market where the media does sourcing for injury updates. Spoiled :sarcasm:

Put it this way: with morning skates becoming rarer occurrences, you'll be lucky if you get injury updates on guys a couple hours before puck drop on a game day. Shit, it took us about a week before we found out from the team's official Twitter account that our de facto 1D broke his wrist blocking a shot.

Hey234

Sponsor
May 7, 2010
Southern California
I think all the young players need to play and Volkov needs to be on the 3rd not 2nd line. Move Getz to Lundestrom's wing and let Steel play. With Fowler, Lindholm, Manson, and Drysdale injuried, the defense is rough. Maybe Curran gets his first game?

Comtois-Zegras-Terry
Getzlaf-Lundestrom-Rakell
Volkov-Steel-Carrick
Jones-Grant-Heinen

Fleury-Mahura
Benoit-Shattenkirk
Larsson-Curran?

Oct 18, 2011

I dont really care, for the most part I like how he plays. He seems like one of the few guys who hates losing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad