Speculation: 2021 Roster Discussion Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Interesting that he was dealing with this last year as well. He was pretty good last year. Hope his recovery and rehabs go well. He’s a gamer for playing this far into the season.

Reactions: Leonardo87

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s time to just pull the plug for this season and focus on Oct. I mean the plug felt unplugged for several weeks now.

Silf should be back by then and healthy and will have Drysdale and Zegras full time next season.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Interesting that he was dealing with this last year as well. He was pretty good last year. Hope his recovery and rehabs go well. He’s a gamer for playing this far into the season.

I wonder if the team was hoping the extended layoff would have helped heal it naturally than surgery. It didn't work, apparently. Probably should have had surgery instead of listening to our current doctors. We need better experts in the medical dept.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I wonder if the team was hoping the extended layoff would have helped heal it naturally than surgery. It didn't work, apparently. Probably should have had surgery instead of listening to our current doctors. We need better experts in the medical dept.
Every doctor recommends the least invasive procedures first and that's almost always in the patient's best interest. Labrum tears often heal on their own with rest and physical therapy. It's more unusual that it leads to surgery than doesn't.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
Every doctor recommends the least invasive procedures first and that's almost always in the patient's best interest. Labrum tears often heal on their own with rest and physical therapy. It's more unusual that it leads to surgery than doesn't.
This is true. The big problem is that he has obviously been playing when he should have been resting instead. But better late than never, I guess.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
This is true. The big problem is that he has obviously been playing when he should have been resting instead. But better late than never, I guess.
It might have healed or improved to the point of being satisfying enough to play on and then was reaggravated during this season. That's what I would guess considering the comments that he has been dealing with it off and on for a couple years now.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
It might have healed or improved to the point of being satisfying enough to play on and then was reaggravated during this season. That's what I would guess considering the comments that he has been dealing with it off and on for a couple years now.
Yeah. This kind of comes back to "playing through some bumps and bruises" vs. resting long enough for the injury to heal properly. But I do understand the desire to play when it feels "good enough."

Reactions: Static

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah. This kind of comes back to "playing through some bumps and bruises" vs. resting long enough for the injury to heal properly. But I do understand the desire to play when it feels "good enough."
I've been through it. When I was 18 I suffered a herniated disc in basketball. It was bad enough that surgery wouldn't have been an extreme measure, but the surgeon told me that conservative treatment would be better even if it takes a lot longer because no matter what the injury is or who the patient is I would never be the same after surgery.

It healed, and two years later it ruptured and I had to have the surgery and have never been the same. It just happens, and I don't think anyone is really at fault if it kind of happened like that, especially when these guys' bodies are their livelihood.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I don't think there is much chance that Hakanpaa comes back as a UFA unless Carolina can't afford to keep him.
At his age of 29 Hakanpaa should stay with a team for 1 more year that gives him the best chance to win and cash in on a stacked team and then get overpaid by someone else.
That is what Shattenkirk did with Tampa and it payed off.

Carolina is a huge Cup contender right now as the best team in the East this season.
The Cup window in Carolina is gonna last a long time because they still got upcoming talent in Suzuki, Honka, Rees and Jarvis. Aho is a friend of Hakanpaa's since their days in Finland.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
So, did Backes just play his last game or something? According to Stephens (The Athletic Real Time feed) it had looked like farewells took place after last game.

WidgitRibbit

Mar 25, 2021
It’s time to just pull the plug for this season and focus on Oct. I mean the plug felt unplugged for several weeks now.

Silf should be back by then and healthy and will have Drysdale and Zegras full time next season.

Hip surgeries are one of the worst surgeries to have. Not sure what kind of Silf the Ducks will be getting come next season.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Apparently he has been added to the Taxi squad, wonder if he gets in on Wednesday. Not sure how I feel about this. He has been looking better and better each game, and loved his overall game last night.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017

Apparently he has been added to the Taxi squad, wonder if he gets in on Wednesday. Not sure how I feel about this. He has been looking better and better each game, and loved his overall game last night.

So if they're bringing him back on Wednesday, there will be 7 games left, which puts him at 24GP and maintains his Calder eligibility next year. Bob can say what he wants, but he obviously comes to this place on the reg.

Last edited:

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Zegras definitely has played well enough to earn a recall as well. It will be cool to see him play against the Kings. He may be able to go back down after the last game and finish out with SD.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Important to note that both Zegras and Benoit were recalled to the taxi squad, so I’m unsure if they can be added to the NHL roster today unless there is an Emergency Recall. They also played last night, so I would expect they don’t play tonight. I’m guessing they both draw in on Wednesday.

EDIT: Both Getzlaf and Lundestrom are injured and on the active roster, so an Emergency Recall is definitely possible.

Last edited:

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Important to note that both Zegras and Benoit were recalled to the taxi squad, so I’m unsure if they can be added to the NHL roster today unless there is an Emergency Recall. They also played last night, so I would expect they don’t play tonight. I’m guessing they both draw in on Wednesday.

EDIT: Both Getzlaf and Lundestrom are injured and on the active roster, so an Emergency Recall is definitely possible.

Larsson and Welinski have been on the roster at the same time; I think that definitely qualifies as an emergency for my viewing experience.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad