2021 QMJHL Draft

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
The PEI Mount Academy have posted their upcoming U17 roster. The players I like watching are Gus El-Tahan (plays like a man), Mathieu Pelletier, Cole Burbidge, Ian Wall (great defenceman with some bite)

Forwards

Gus El-Tahan RW
Cam Henderson RW
Creegan Tompkins RW
Logan Reynolds RW
Mathieu Pelletier C
Cole Burbidge C
Liam Travis C
Jonah Macdonald LW
Sam MacFarlane LW
Dominic Deschenes LW
Jack Flanagan LW

Defence

Salem Johnson
Ian Wall
Christian Cook
Nathan Mossey
Drew Hockley
Finn Morris

Goalies

Jack Flanagan
Zack Bridgeo

I actually really like Mossey among that group. Burbridge and Pelletier are decent prospects as well.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
I can give you a list of forwards and defensemen to keep track of if you want... I highlighted the players I think have the highest upside:

Forwards:

- Ethan Gauthier (Magog)
- Eli Baillargeon (Magog)
- Loic Goyette (Laval-Montreal)
- Christiano Spadafora (Laval-Montreal)
- Vince Elie (Laval-Montreal)
- Mathieu Cataford (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Alexandre Blais (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Alex Mercier (SSF)
- Mael Lavigne (SSF)
- Emmanuel Vermette (SSF)
- Emile Duquet (Levis)
- Elliot Simard (Levis)
- Evan Courtois (Trois-Rivieres)
- Justin Julien (Gatineau)
- Christopher Talbot (Gatineau)
- Dylan Reynolds (Gatineau)
- Alexis Bourque (Gatineau)
- Nathan Baril (St-Hyacinthe)
- Vincent Gauthier (Chateauguay)

- Justin Boisselle (Chateauguay)
- Gerry Watson (Chateauguay)
- Lou-Olivier Charland (Chateauguay)
- Nathan Ethier (St-Eustache)
- Maxime Coursol (St-Eustache)
- Matis Ouellet (Amos)
- Maxence Albert (Amos)

Defensemen:

- Olivier Beaulieu (Esther-Blondin)
- Jeremie Dumas (Magog)
- Emile Perron (Gatineau)

- Nicolas Bilodeau (Gatineau)
- Beck Majdell (Laval-Montreal)
- Mathieu Wener (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Pierre-Marc Minville (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Marc-Olivier Beaudry (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Nathan Grenier (SSF)
- Xavier Daigle (Levis)

- Thomas Hebert (Chateauguay)
- Jesse Carriere (Chateauguay)
- Antoine Lagacé (St-Eustache)

There are other good players as well but I'd say these guys could go high.
LM, CHA and CCL have very good 2005’s.

also can you pm me ?

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
The PEI Mount Academy have posted their upcoming U17 roster. The players I like watching are Gus El-Tahan (plays like a man), Mathieu Pelletier, Cole Burbidge, Ian Wall (great defenceman with some bite)

Forwards

Gus El-Tahan RW
Cam Henderson RW
Creegan Tompkins RW
Logan Reynolds RW
Mathieu Pelletier C
Cole Burbidge C
Liam Travis C
Jonah Macdonald LW
Sam MacFarlane LW
Dominic Deschenes LW
Jack Flanagan LW

Defence

Salem Johnson
Ian Wall
Christian Cook
Nathan Mossey
Drew Hockley
Finn Morris

Goalies

Jack Flanagan
Zack Bridgeo

Noticed the U18 roster as well. Many Quebec players from Richelieu territory.

Last edited:

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Noticed the U18 roster as well. Many Quebec players from Richelieu territory.
U17 and U18 rosters for the Mount, will these 2 teams play each other? How will they handle games vs RNS and KES? I still don't see them getting games vs the PEI/NB Major Midget teams. The U17 will at least get to play vs older teams most of the season...should prove solid for their development.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019

Forwards

Gus El-Tahan RW
Cam Henderson RW
Creegan Tompkins RW
Logan Reynolds RW
Mathieu Pelletier C
Cole Burbidge C
Liam Travis C
Jonah Macdonald LW
Sam MacFarlane LW
Dominic Deschenes LW
Jack Flanagan LW

Defence

Salem Johnson
Ian Wall
Christian Cook
Nathan Mossey
Drew Hockley
Finn Morris

Goalies

Jack Flanagan
Zack Bridgeo

Sorry HkyTalk....but "plays like a man" , what the does that mean... don't mean to laugh, but if I found that one quite funny.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
That's okay HKYEAST, I didn't think you would get that saying. Well i'll simplify that quote: Gus is fifteen years old and he plays a bigger game than an average fifteen year old. Its a compliment to the player if you didn't get that far. In rinks in the maritimes, they are the buildings that have ice in them, its a saying people use to discribe young male hockey players playing ability. Meaning playing at a different level or above...

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
U17 and U18 rosters for the Mount, will these 2 teams play each other? How will they handle games vs RNS and KES? I still don't see them getting games vs the PEI/NB Major Midget teams. The U17 will at least get to play vs older teams most of the season...should prove solid for their development.

The U17 team will play well against the U18 teams. With the talent that is on the U17 team I would expect by the end of the year they will be consistently stronger then the U18 teams at these schools - or otherwise we won't be talking about them. Maybe some weak spots on defense.

Reactions: Talking Hockey

hockey05

Sep 22, 2020
Ben hâte de voir s’il va avoir une saison dans le midget AAA au québec , surtout avec le gouvernement qui mentionne qu’avec un cas de covidés confirmé dans une école l’équipe d’annulé ses parties pour 2 semaines :( dommages

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Can anyone comment on the status of the NB/PEI major midget try-outs? How are the 05's looking? NS has one roster finalized, Dartmouth with some quality 05's included a goalie.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Ben hâte de voir s’il va avoir une saison dans le midget AAA au québec , surtout avec le gouvernement qui mentionne qu’avec un cas de covidés confirmé dans une école l’équipe d’annulé ses parties pour 2 semaines :( dommages
Les Maritimes sont l'endroit idéal pour être honnête. Ils se débrouillent bien avec COVID. Je pense qu'il y a une chance pour une bonne ligue ici. Je suis las de voir le Québec fermé.

Reactions: hockey05

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Can anyone comment on the status of the NB/PEI major midget try-outs? How are the 05's looking? NS has one roster finalized, Dartmouth with some quality 05's included a goalie.
I think several of the very, very top end of the Major Midgets went the school route but still lots in the 05 year that will play and play well and will develop great. I think overall the 05 year will see a lot from the Maritimes. Hopefully the major teams will load up on 05s in general and hopefully you won't see a lot of them picking up older, bigger, less skilled kids from other areas to take spots from 05 kids, I give passes to maybe bad birthdays as they have a harder road all along but other then that I always think of it as one more lost opportunity for the organization to have developed a local prospect. I think all organizations though should do things how I would though - haha.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Until teams are picked and game play resumes it is very tough to know where top 05 prospects stand in the Maritimes. Remember, it has been over 6 months since we saw them play. No question some high end ones went the Prep school route but in many cases players/families chose that option because they know the likelihood of cracking Major Midget with local clubs is poor. That appears to be the case for Fredericton area 05 players and the Mount program. Maritime Midget rosters will have a high number of 05's and it will be fun to watch how much rankings will change over the course of a season (if there is one)

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
For PEI there are no parents or fans allowed in the stands as of yet. But the scores are close in the games for the Charlottetown Knight's try out and who I hear are getting the majority of the goals were Cameron MacLean, Max Sentner, Jonah Jelley, Colby Huggan and Sid McNeil (defence). The Defence are excellent and will be hard for the two 05's, Harry Clements and Luke Coughlin, to crack the sqad. But I think they will make a spot for them IMO. In nets Jack Howatt and Aiden Williams are hard to beat. They had 24 goalies to choose from what I hear, thats unheard of for PEI to have that large of a selection. Right now it's considered the try outs but started as an ID camp. 4 on 4 games right now and the games are 35 minutes long to 45 minutes and they have anywhere from one to three games a night. No word on the leagues start date as of today.

Last edited:

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Anyone know how Cam Squires is doing?\\

Still up there in the tp. 10?
I haven't heard anything from the squires camp of hows he's doing. Hopfully doing fine. There was another Island boy that went to NY private school to play. His name is Tyler Wood (06)and once he arrived was quarantined and during that time tested positive with Covid and they put him in a church basement with no windows and no TV or Internet to occupy his time. I heard he was really sick and a bad spot to be in without parents being there to help out. Hopfully CS has a better starting experience than Tyler.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Anyone know how Cam Squires is doing?\\

Still up there in the tp. 10?

Playing at Bishop's Kerney during a pandemic will not help his case with Quebec scouts. However maybe the US route is his plan and that's fine too. A year of Major Midget in Atlantic Canada could have dropped his ranking a bit, but still would have been a high draft pick, especially considering Char will be a solid team.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Harry Clements is finding the Charlottetown Knights tryouts tough. His fitness level has taken a toll on this 15 year old over the extended break. He has no energy on the ice and on their 5 k runs he's last and can't keep up with the pack as they lap him. On a better note L. Coughlin is in the mix and has a strong showing so far in the camp.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
Seems a few of the major teams are delaying the roster finalization process. Come on guys - get on with it will you - you don't need this much time and we need exhibitions!!! Of the ones that have finalized I see a strong 05 presence on the major teams which I like. Cole Harbour I think will be fun to watch as they are young. The Macs are going to be incredible as usual - several picks in there. Pictou should be good as well. South Shore is well run and I think they will pick some good 05's to develop although they have some rough edges now. The top end 05 has abandoned the Wildcats organization... Cape Breton West looks good, not sure about Sydney yet.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Seems a few of the major teams are delaying the roster finalization process. Come on guys - get on with it will you - you don't need this much time and we need exhibitions!!! Of the ones that have finalized I see a strong 05 presence on the major teams which I like. Cole Harbour I think will be fun to watch as they are young. The Macs are going to be incredible as usual - several picks in there. Pictou should be good as well. South Shore is well run and I think they will pick some good 05's to develop although they have some rough edges now. The top end 05 has abandoned the Wildcats organization... Cape Breton West looks good, not sure about Sydney yet.

Moncton has released their roster, 11 05's if I am counting correctly, could be some growing pains for them this season, but it will be fun to watch them grow. Not hearing much from Fred or St. John, both camps not releasing much news to this point. St John should have 5-6 05's is my guess with Fred coming in at approx the same #.

Reactions: Lap2000

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Charlottetown Knights won over U17 Mount Saints over the weekend 7-4. The biggest factor in the game was the Knights hard checking that put the Mount on their heels. A lot of loose pucks in all three zones, can be expected this time of year. Both teams look like they need more time to develop their systems. All in all a descent game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad