2021 QMJHL Draft

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
My understanding is that the decision to have exhibition games with the private schools was pushed hard by only 2 NB-PEI teams and i assume the reasoning for that is bubble related. The return to hockey will start with exhibition games within a 2 team bubble and expand from there. These games will be limited and will not include league play. This is a unique year and not the new norm, i don't see the league inviting these teams in next season, nor do i see the teams asking to get in if we are back to a normal hockey landscape.

Reactions: Talking Hockey

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
My understanding is that the decision to have exhibition games with the private schools was pushed hard by only 2 NB-PEI teams and i assume the reasoning for that is bubble related. The return to hockey will start with exhibition games within a 2 team bubble and expand from there. These games will be limited and will not include league play. This is a unique year and not the new norm, i don't see the league inviting these teams in next season, nor do i see the teams asking to get in if we are back to a normal hockey landscape.

I think this is a very accurate description of how this will play out in regards to next year (or whenever this pandemic ends in the US). I expect it will go back to normal at that point with mutual agreement. This year though I think more teams will open up to playing the 2 teams even though. I'd question the management of a team that wouldn't see this as opportunity for more competitiveness during the pandemic. The U17 team from the mount I expect will do very well despite being 2005. The talent there is mostly matured and outstanding and they don't have to play by the regional resident rules etc.

Reactions: Talking Hockey

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Quebec U!8 camps are in full swing, anyone been out to watch some games? I hear they are allowed 250 people in the rink, 10 skaters per team. Alexis Bourque is lighting it up from what I am hearing. Lots of 05's still in camp for most teams.

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
Quebec U!8 camps are in full swing, anyone been out to watch some games? I hear they are allowed 250 people in the rink, 10 skaters per team. Alexis Bourque is lighting it up from what I am hearing. Lots of 05's still in camp for most teams.
Rules appear to be different depending on the region in terms of attending the games. I guess everyone is trying to adjust to this new situation.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Some Island boys are heading home today from their respected M Junior teams. C MacLean. J Jelly. Landon MacDonald. Isaac Vos. And I believe Cam Squires’s went to the States to play.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
You will several Teams in Atlantic Canada with 6+ 05's on the Roster. CH , Dartmouth, Weeks, Moncton to name a few. Q and Jr. A will take several of the best 04's opening up plenty of spots.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
I'm most interested in individuals from Quebec as opposed to teams. Who are the projected top 10 defencemen and who are the top 20 forwards from Quebec the year that need to be seen?

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Montreal Laval should burn the league, their 05’s are amazing, CCL is with the golden group now, and Grenz aren’t too shabby, I don’t know the Quebec teams.
Magog and TR have 10 QMJHL draft picks on their roster...plus some very solid 05’s Intrepedes will be very good as well...some great 05’s

Teaspoon salami

Oct 6, 2019
Seems to be a lot of parity to me after looking at the rosters of each team. Albatross and lions only have one 05 each that managed to crack their rosters and the rest seem to have quite a few. There’s going to be a lot of fun games to watch by the looks of it.

Reactions: HKYEAST

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
I'm most interested in individuals from Quebec as opposed to teams. Who are the projected top 10 defencemen and who are the top 20 forwards from Quebec the year that need to be seen?

I can give you a list of forwards and defensemen to keep track of if you want... I highlighted the players I think have the highest upside:

Forwards:

- Ethan Gauthier (Magog)
- Eli Baillargeon (Magog)
- Loic Goyette (Laval-Montreal)
- Christiano Spadafora (Laval-Montreal)
- Vince Elie (Laval-Montreal)
- Mathieu Cataford (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Alexandre Blais (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Alex Mercier (SSF)
- Mael Lavigne (SSF)
- Emmanuel Vermette (SSF)
- Emile Duquet (Levis)
- Elliot Simard (Levis)
- Evan Courtois (Trois-Rivieres)
- Justin Julien (Gatineau)
- Christopher Talbot (Gatineau)
- Dylan Reynolds (Gatineau)
- Alexis Bourque (Gatineau)
- Nathan Baril (St-Hyacinthe)
- Vincent Gauthier (Chateauguay)

- Justin Boisselle (Chateauguay)
- Gerry Watson (Chateauguay)
- Lou-Olivier Charland (Chateauguay)
- Nathan Ethier (St-Eustache)
- Maxime Coursol (St-Eustache)
- Matis Ouellet (Amos)
- Maxence Albert (Amos)

Defensemen:

- Olivier Beaulieu (Esther-Blondin)
- Jeremie Dumas (Magog)
- Emile Perron (Gatineau)

- Nicolas Bilodeau (Gatineau)
- Beck Majdell (Laval-Montreal)
- Mathieu Wener (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Pierre-Marc Minville (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Marc-Olivier Beaudry (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Nathan Grenier (SSF)
- Xavier Daigle (Levis)

- Thomas Hebert (Chateauguay)
- Jesse Carriere (Chateauguay)
- Antoine Lagacé (St-Eustache)

There are other good players as well but I'd say these guys could go high.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
I can give you a list of forwards and defensemen to keep track of if you want... I highlighted the players I think have the highest upside:

Forwards:

- Ethan Gauthier (Magog)
- Eli Baillargeon (Magog)
- Loic Goyette (Laval-Montreal)
- Christiano Spadafora (Laval-Montreal)
- Vince Elie (Laval-Montreal)
- Mathieu Cataford (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Alexandre Blais (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Alex Mercier (SSF)
- Mael Lavigne (SSF)
- Emmanuel Vermette (SSF)
- Emile Duquet (Levis)
- Elliot Simard (Levis)
- Evan Courtois (Trois-Rivieres)
- Justin Julien (Gatineau)
- Christopher Talbot (Gatineau)
- Dylan Reynolds (Gatineau)
- Alexis Bourque (Gatineau)
- Nathan Baril (St-Hyacinthe)
- Vincent Gauthier (Chateauguay)

- Justin Boisselle (Chateauguay)
- Gerry Watson (Chateauguay)
- Lou-Olivier Charland (Chateauguay)
- Nathan Ethier (St-Eustache)
- Maxime Coursol (St-Eustache)
- Matis Ouellet (Amos)
- Maxence Albert (Amos)

Defensemen:

- Olivier Beaulieu (Esther-Blondin)
- Jeremie Dumas (Magog)
- Emile Perron (Gatineau)

- Nicolas Bilodeau (Gatineau)
- Beck Majdell (Laval-Montreal)
- Mathieu Wener (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Pierre-Marc Minville (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Marc-Olivier Beaudry (Charles-Lemoyne)
- Nathan Grenier (SSF)
- Xavier Daigle (Levis)

- Thomas Hebert (Chateauguay)
- Jesse Carriere (Chateauguay)
- Antoine Lagacé (St-Eustache)

There are other good players as well but I'd say these guys could go high.

Very complete list, once again. It gives an indication of the Quebec players you will see go in the first three rounds next June. A few goalies will be added to this list to complete the picture.

Reactions: Teaspoon salami

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
The PEI Mount Academy have posted their upcoming U17 roster. The players I like watching are Gus El-Tahan (plays like a man), Mathieu Pelletier, Cole Burbidge, Ian Wall (great defenceman with some bite)

Forwards

Gus El-Tahan RW
Cam Henderson RW
Creegan Tompkins RW
Logan Reynolds RW
Mathieu Pelletier C
Cole Burbidge C
Liam Travis C
Jonah Macdonald LW
Sam MacFarlane LW
Dominic Deschenes LW
Jack Flanagan LW