2021 QMJHL Draft

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
I appreciate your feed back. You are right with your points on hitting and how it gets a player out of position. I have followed the Maritime boys in PeeWee, Bantam and Midget age groups for years now and its a great past time and met many great people along the way. I found this Forum 3 months ago and read through all Quotes about many players. Alot is the same thing over and over but there is some finer points made by some members that are refreshing but some are throwing mud. Which I don't think anyone likes and I've done it also but in some cases its warranted and others quotes is just dirty. Thats when I opened an account and posted what i've seen on a couple of players over the years. I don't mean to affend you with my liking of how a hockey player plays, I believe thats what this Forum is about.
You can make an arguement on both sides of a player that has speed and closes in on opponents quickly and gets stick on stick and throws a clean body check. Or a defenceman that rushes the puck and it looks good when he makes it all the way and gets a shot but if he loses it, we here on this forum would say he's making bad decisions but to be fair to that defenceman he is not the only player out there and one of the other 4 players should cover his spot. So if its a hit or a player losing the puck and caught out of position its a team sport and the whole game is based on players out of position and covering. It would be a boring game if those things didn't happen. Its a game of mistakes and the team that works like a team and covers each other the most will win. A player that is team player is beautiful to watch and the people that only sees a player out of position trying to make a play is not seeing the game right IMO.

Squires still gets picked ahead of Sentner next June, have a look at the first 2 rounds of the OHL draft and Q draft from this season....creativity, speed, IQ , vision all trump muscle... Small crafty players turn pucks over as much as those who crash and bang, they win more battles with their mind then there physical play. I watched several games in the GTHL over the past 2 seasons....players rarely are out of position trying to make the big hit...the hockey is fast, skilled and the PP is deadly.

Reactions: HkyFan202

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Has anyone heard if the OHA goalies are staying in Ont this year? Thompson would be better served to get some Q visibility unless he has the U.S in mind. Atlantic Canada has some solid 05 goalies...maybe a first rounder in there somewhere.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Has anyone heard if the OHA goalies are staying in Ont this year? Thompson would be better served to get some Q visibility unless he has the U.S in mind. Atlantic Canada has some solid 05 goalies...maybe a first rounder in there somewhere.
Major Midget is pretty tight on goalies with Knights having Howatt and Williams and Wild with Josh Smith leaving one spot open for Cooper,Macdonald,Thompson among others.
As per the other stuff... I like Max Sentner as a hockey player, you make great points on what he can bring a team ie: size, grit, physical play. I am sure he is a great kid too! Hopefully he has a strong year next season and makes his way on the draft board and continues to develop on and off the ice. All that one can ask for at this time.

Reactions: HKYEAST

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Squires still gets picked ahead of Sentner next June, have a look at the first 2 rounds of the OHL draft and Q draft from this season....creativity, speed, IQ , vision all trump muscle... Small crafty players turn pucks over as much as those who crash and bang, they win more battles with their mind then there physical play. I watched several games in the GTHL over the past 2 seasons....players rarely are out of position trying to make the big hit...the hockey is fast, skilled and the PP is deadly.
Absolutely, I would agree, points rule the road to greener pastures. From watching drafts in the last few years SIZE and STRENGH and MUSSLE take a back seat to a small player that had to adapt to play in those top leagues by using their MIND. I love the mix of both on a team. Not saying I love the chest game of smaller players waiting for a loose puck by poke checking and keeping their distance instead of taking it off a player by finishing checks or by muscle but thats what the women in the stands like. And during this Covid I think even the bigger guys may have to start doing the same. So yes Squires will go in the 3 rd round and player like Mayo, Gendron,C.Henderson, Sentner will likely go in 4th round. Why I say Squires in 3rd round is because I think the Q Scouts will see that, Dad, coach had alot to do with his points he was able to get and rate him on more of a curve than other top talent.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Major Midget is pretty tight on goalies with Knights having Howatt and Williams and Wild with Josh Smith leaving one spot open for Cooper,Macdonald,Thompson among others.
As per the other stuff... I like Max Sentner as a hockey player, you make great points on what he can bring a team ie: size, grit, physical play. I am sure he is a great kid too! Hopefully he has a strong year next season and makes his way on the draft board and continues to develop on and off the ice. All that one can ask for at this time.
Not sure if I'll see him and Squires and company playing this year or not. Hope they make a Major Midgets so I can follow them. Have you heard of a trade in Midget before? This is what i've seen in another Forum of Hockey Gossip.
Macs Receive:
F Luke Woodworth (2004) www.eliteprospects.com/player/563417/luke-woodworth

Mustang Recieves:
F Cole Burbridge (2005) www.eliteprospects.com/player/619159/cole-burbridge
F Daniel Kline (2003) www.eliteprospects.com/player/473141/daniel-kline
D Parker Asbridge (2005) www.eliteprospects.com/player/641259/parker-asbridge

I didn't think Midgets have trades...

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Absolutely, I would agree, points rule the road to greener pastures. From watching drafts in the last few years SIZE and STRENGH and MUSSLE take a back seat to a small player that had to adapt to play in those top leagues by using their MIND. I love the mix of both on a team. Not saying I love the chest game of smaller players waiting for a loose puck by poke checking and keeping their distance instead of taking it off a player by finishing checks or by muscle but thats what the women in the stands like. And during this Covid I think even the bigger guys may have to start doing the same. So yes Squires will go in the 3 rd round and player like Mayo, Gendron,C.Henderson, Sentner will likely go in 4th round. Why I say Squires in 3rd round is because I think the Q Scouts will see that, Dad, coach had alot to do with his points he was able to get and rate him on more of a curve than other top talent.

Squires and Gendron will be gone long before the 3rd round....both are first round picks IMO....Henderson, I need to see him with kids outside of his age group, I have yet to seen him make plays outside of the powering thru people....those days are over, i really need to see him make players around him better. Mayo, have not seem him much, but i did like him at the ACC last fall, i assume it's injuries from what I have heard, which, if so, will drop his draft stock similar to Tracey and Gibbs this past draft.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Not sure if I'll see him and Squires and company playing this year or not. Hope they make a Major Midgets so I can follow them. Have you heard of a trade in Midget before? This is what i've seen in another Forum of Hockey Gossip.
Macs Receive:
F Luke Woodworth (2004) www.eliteprospects.com/player/563417/luke-woodworth

Mustang Recieves:
F Cole Burbridge (2005) www.eliteprospects.com/player/619159/cole-burbridge
F Daniel Kline (2003) www.eliteprospects.com/player/473141/daniel-kline
D Parker Asbridge (2005) www.eliteprospects.com/player/641259/parker-asbridge

I didn't think Midgets have trades...

It's guys making up stories...Burbidge is Valley property anyway, so that would make it a 3 team deal...lol. Woodworth will pay in the Q next season. Complete BS

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Little bit disrespectful to say he got all his points because of 'dad' and 'coach'... Lets stick to just talking hockey and focusing on next season!!

Talking Hockey

Mar 23, 2020
Squires and Gendron will be gone long before the 3rd round....both are first round picks IMO....Henderson, I need to see him with kids outside of his age group, I have yet to seen him make plays outside of the powering thru people....those days are over, i really need to see him make players around him better. Mayo, have not seem him much, but i did like him at the ACC last fall, i assume it's injuries from what I have heard, which, if so, will drop his draft stock similar to Tracey and Gibbs this past draft.
Henderson played with his age group in the states last year and had nearly 90 points in 45ish games on a not so great team. He struggles playing with his age group mainly due to needing to skate around on egg shells.
Probably hardest shot, one of the best passers, can score. This skate through people that he seems to have a rep for? Obviously haven’t seen him play anywhere outside of NSMBHL. ACC is not a great reference. One of the only kids at this age I’ve seen actually hold up in the neutral zone and pass laterally to help coming to allow some entry with numbers instead of the typical get the puck, drop the head, skate as hard as they can down the wall and drive the net.
He is a type of player that a Squires wants to play with and no one mentioned this far wants to play against.
Hard to watch him play with kids his own age because it doesn’t happen that often locally. Mentioning seeing him play against older kids is obvious you really don’t know him as he has been doing that for years. Pretty sure I heard he was in a big tournament in the states playing in the 03 devision on an 03 team two years ago.
Anyway I have lots of opinions about types of players and the way hockey is going but they are just that, my opinion. I think a team needs a squires and a setner on their team because there are not enough players that have both their styles like a Gendron & a Henderson. I’d even add Pelltier into that. Actually I’d love to see anyone put a line together to play against Gendron, Henderson & Pelltier as a line. Have fun with that one!

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
If there is hockey, I will be watching. Hopefully they all mature into decent players, very exciting to follow and read what the hockey community sees in players and how they rate them. Every team needs a mixed bag of nuts to make a team come together as a unit. I will be doing up my list of 10 Island players as I see them in the draft next year.

Topprospects1242

Jun 11, 2020
I heard that Thompson is going to play I. Pei next year. Super excited to see the monctonian next year I think the prospect game is going full of skill and grit

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Henderson played with his age group in the states last year and had nearly 90 points in 45ish games on a not so great team. He struggles playing with his age group mainly due to needing to skate around on egg shells.
Probably hardest shot, one of the best passers, can score. This skate through people that he seems to have a rep for? Obviously haven’t seen him play anywhere outside of NSMBHL. ACC is not a great reference. One of the only kids at this age I’ve seen actually hold up in the neutral zone and pass laterally to help coming to allow some entry with numbers instead of the typical get the puck, drop the head, skate as hard as they can down the wall and drive the net.
He is a type of player that a Squires wants to play with and no one mentioned this far wants to play against.
Hard to watch him play with kids his own age because it doesn’t happen that often locally. Mentioning seeing him play against older kids is obvious you really don’t know him as he has been doing that for years. Pretty sure I heard he was in a big tournament in the states playing in the 03 devision on an 03 team two years ago.
Anyway I have lots of opinions about types of players and the way hockey is going but they are just that, my opinion. I think a team needs a squires and a setner on their team because there are not enough players that have both their styles like a Gendron & a Henderson. I’d even add Pelltier into that. Actually I’d love to see anyone put a line together to play against Gendron, Henderson & Pelltier as a line. Have fun with that one!

Good points on Henderson, I did not see him last season outside ACC, maybe it's not a good refernce, maybe he was off his game that weekend, but he certainly wasn't using his teammates as much as i would like. I was not knocking the kid, just stating what i would like to see from him, in order to knock it out of the park so to speak.... if he works on certain aspects of his game, sky's the limit. According to you, he has checked all the boxes...I am anxious to see the full package.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Little bit disrespectful to say he got all his points because of 'dad' and 'coach'... Lets stick to just talking hockey and focusing on next season!!
Not all, I didn't say that. I mean, and maybe you haven't seen the way his father coaches. There isn't 2 power play lines on his team. There is Squires and 3 others players that rotate in the PP's. Squires stays on. Coach Squires has his best line and he doesn't put it against the best line on other team. He matches it up on the oppossing teams worst line. So he does try and is very successful in putting his son's line in very favorable situations. Thats all, and there is truth to my statement. No disrespect just calling it the way it is. Yes we should talk about next season, I think I over stepped on my last quote.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
Was it Gendron that didn't make it on the Major team or Provincial team the year earlier. I know he has improved when I seen him play in the States but 1st round pick. i'll have to see him play this year to put him there.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
I must give credit to Pelltier, he can play both sides of the puck effectively and he not the biggest but can also bump and grid with the best of them. I can see him rated high in next years draft.

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
It's guys making up stories...Burbidge is Valley property anyway, so that would make it a 3 team deal...lol. Woodworth will pay in the Q next season. Complete BS
I had a feeling somebody was just having fun. Woodworth had a tough U15 last fall but he also had very little support. The kid can't do it all although he tried in that tournament. Strong on the puck, very competitive. What round was he drafted in?

SWRekker

Oct 8, 2009
If the Quote strikes a nerve than its me ...HkyTalk
lol
You seem to know Max Sentner pretty well, personally i don't.
Are these inflated stats or the real thing ?

STEAMLEAGUEGPGATPPIM+/-POSTGPGATPPIM+/-
2018-19
3.png
Central Attack Bantam AAA
PEIBAAA196612124
Playoffs
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

At the Bantam level ? I have to admit i'm shocked...

HkyTalk

Jun 14, 2020
You seem to know Max Sentner pretty well, personally i don't.
Are these inflated stats or the real thing ?

STEAMLEAGUEGPGATPPIM+/-POSTGPGATPPIM+/-
2018-19
3.png
Central Attack Bantam AAA
PEIBAAA196612124Playoffs623554
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
At the Bantam level ? I have to admit i'm shocked...
OMG, that must be an error. You got to be kidding me!! How did he find time to get the 12 points. Where did you see those stats? Imagine if he stayed out of the box and played 30 games...

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Most penalized player in the LHEQ Bantam Minor had 60 minutes last season. No way a coach puts up with a kid averaging over 6 minutes a game in penalties.

Reactions: HkyFan202

Tampabayscout

Jun 17, 2020
Very early, but last year the 2020 QMJHL Draft thread was started in March, so I thought I might as well start it off with some of the guys that have really stood out to me this season.

- Etienne Morin (Grenadiers BAAA) : Very impressive defender with crazy poise with the puck. Has a similar poise and calm quality with the puck as Guevin this season, but with some Poirier offensive game breaking qualities. Good defender as well.

- Isaac Fecteau (Seminaire St-Joseph M16) : Big defender with great skating, high-end talent, great shot, full package has everything you want in a top player.

- Christiano Spadafora (National BAAA) : Very skilled forward with high-end vision and hands. He's a complete and smart player who is very gifted offensively, worried about his size for the next levels, but his skill level is so high that he's one of those guys that should be good anyway.

- Mathieu Wener (College Francais BAAA) : Small defender who plays a very physical game and understands the game at a great level. Very talented offensively, hockey IQ is off the charts. Worry is size with him, or else I think I'd have him at the top of my list. Already captain of his weak BAAA team.

- Matis Ouellette (Rouyn-Noranda BAAA) : Highly skilled forward with great speed and smarts. Has the size and complete game needed for the next levels. He's a guy that plays a bit like Tristan Roy but is probably just a better prospect overall.

- Mathieu Cataford (CCL BAAA) : Big center who plays a very gritty game and goes to the dirty areas. Is a smart playmaker who can do it all on the ice. Needs to work on his speed a little bit.

- Evan Courtois (Cascades BAAA) : Big two-way center with goal scoring ability. There is no clear weakness with this guy, could work on his speed a little bit, but has the makings of a Nathan Gaucher level prospect.

I really like Lauzon (CFRS), Carriere (Grenadiers), Beaudry and Minville (CCL) on defense, as well as Grenier from Quebec who is a great puck mover.

Offensively, Talbot from Outaouais has scoring instincts, Goyette from Laval is rounding out his game really well, Baril from Noir et Or has great speed and playmaking abilities, Boisselle and Gauthier from Grenadiers look great too.

Overall, I'd say CCL with Cataford, Wener, Lauzon, Beaudry and Minville as well as Lacroix-Goulet in net have one hell of a future, plus my underdog Alexandre Blais (although very small),same can be said with Chateauguay with Morin, Carriere, Gauthier and Boisselle, and even more guys that do well in BAAA right now.

Vince Elie is another guy who has improved massively over the season with Montreal.

Any other guys that have stood out to anyone?
Where do you think Aiden Cotroneo will go in the 2021 qmjhl draft. I think he is a promising top 5 pick

Tampabayscout

Jun 17, 2020
Haven’t seen the kid play had a look at stats and little clips wasn’t too impressed with him I put him round 6-7 or later
Ya but coach Joey cotroneo has him ranked top 5. He is offensive defence men with good hockey iq, he is smart picking moving defencemen who love to jump up In the rush. Watch out for younger brother Finley cotroneo, he is lighting atom house

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad