2021 QMJHL Draft

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
A lot of real talent in the 06 group across the provinces
Based on my analysis so far the 06 group is quite weak in comparison to past years especially in NS but even across the Atlantic provinces. I hope they prove me wrong and I have different things to say next year.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Henderson and Pelletier will be back in atlantic canada but wont be where most would expect ;) Bantam league will be quite strong next year around the maratimes. A lot of real talent in the 06 group across the provinces
The Mount seems to be stepping up recruitment and attracting some good talent for their program this year. I personally don't see the 2006 year being very deep compared to the 05's. There are a couple high end 06 prospects but the year after them will produce elite talent.

Reactions: Rocket18

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
The Mount is recruiting hard for sure....they need to, their Bantam group was very weak last year. As for the 06's, not nearly as deep as the 05-04 group. Yes, 3-4 top end players from each province, but it then drops off hard after that...especially on D and in net.

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
Christmas is a good player and I believe he is underrated because of playing on a weaker team but has never played really at any high level tournament/meaningful hockey ( No Atlantics, Tournament Finals/ ACC). Can absolutely raise his stock next year with a solid MM campaign but comparing him and MacPhee is not very realistic at this point.
Another high end player should be announcing committment to a prep school in the US later this week.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Christmas is a good player and I believe he is underrated because of playing on a weaker team but has never played really at any high level tournament/meaningful hockey ( No Atlantics, Tournament Finals/ ACC). Can absolutely raise his stock next year with a solid MM campaign but comparing him and MacPhee is not very realistic at this point.
Another high end player should be announcing committment to a prep school in the US later this week.
Not sure I would be heading to US Prep anytime soon given the state of the US and the pandemic. Stay home and enjoy the year. Work hard. You can better playing in the Maritimes.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Agree..... with the uncertainty around the Pandemic and travel restrictions likely to remain for the foreseeable future, decisions for this age group and the 2020-2021 hockey season are complicated. The closer to home the better for Atlantic Canadian kids!

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Agree..... with the uncertainty around the Pandemic and travel restrictions likely to remain for the foreseeable future, decisions for this age group and the 2020-2021 hockey season are complicated. The closer to home the better for Atlantic Canadian kids!
Hockey Quebec seems to be suspending next season, or at least they're saying it won't be business as usual. No travel, no five on five hockey, no contact...

dwgs

Apr 23, 2019
Where are you hearing that???
From Hockey Quebec. I'm attaching the document they sent out two days ago. You can also read an article from Radio Canada here, COVID-19 : Hockey Québec planche sur un plan « extrême » | Coronavirus

Plug it into Google Translate or have your browser translate the Rad Can article if you don't read French. It's not looking good right now. They'll have some kind of activity but no one knows exactly what at this point. That applies from pre-novice right up to Midget AAA.

Attachments

• _Questions - réponses Plan de retour (1).pdf
    755.8 KB · Views: 1

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
Hearing the Mount has added a number of players to their U16 roster over the last few weeks. With the Provincial travel restrictions on sports being discussed in earlier posts these schools must also have a lot of uncertainty on their ability to play games next season.

Talking Hockey

Mar 23, 2020
Hearing the Mount has added a number of players to their U16 roster over the last few weeks. With the Provincial travel restrictions on sports being discussed in earlier posts these schools must also have a lot of uncertainty on their ability to play games next season.
It will be interesting to see how everything plays out. Schools like Mount, RNS, and Edgehill that depend on playing in Quebec, Ontario and the States I would suspect there is a lot of uncertainty for sure. Go even farther to wonder what the Provincial leagues will look like? Will there be an Ice Jam or a Monctonian? How will the formats for teams be if they enforce possible restrictions as rumoured in some posts? Will the school environment still allow them to practice daily and work out regularly?
To many unknowns I guess, just need some hockey of some kind to start back up!!
But yes to your original statement, rumours seem to be spreading of Mount having a U16 or U17 ( what ever they will call it) team that may attract some scouting attention over the season.

Lap2000

Sep 7, 2019
Cape Breton
We will not see any tournaments unfortunately until a vaccine is widely available or there is significant improvement in treatments for old and young. If I had a hockey player a private school with a private rink is probably the best bet for this year development wise if you have the means. Most of those schools are in the US unfortunately. Many families will have already decided on this course of action if they are being advised. Hockey Canada will be conservative in regards to a return and municipalities will equally be conservative in opening public rinks. No one wants to hear this, especially families without the means or desire to go the private school route. It's a tough situation and I would not want to be one of these parents having to decide on this over next few months.

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
It has been quite for the past few weeks, lots of excitement leading up to the 04' Q draft as we get in the home stretch. With Midget and the Q up in the air, the landscape for 05's in Atlantic Canada will look much different this fall. Drafted 04's will likely be looking for a place to skate and practice, which could push some 05's out of the Major Midget ranks. Can NB and PEI have a Midget league without a vaccine? Interesting times ahead.

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
IMO, I don't see any leagues (Major Junior, Martitime Jr A, or Major Midget) starting game play before January 2021 and that is if there are no set backs. How that impacts this crop of 05's over the next 18 months will be interesting for sure. Even sports at the High School and Minor hockey level could alter the traditional path for 2nd and 3rd year midget players.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Next year will be a more offensive draft. From Québec, a few solid forwards like Baril, Cataford, Ethan Gauthier, Vincent Gauthier, Talbot, Elie, Spadafora.

Carrière a D-man will probably be the first Québec defencemen drafted.

Still a long season before the draft and the effect of the long break could change some things.

Last edited:

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
With the 2020 Q draft now in the books, it was outstanding to see the # of Atlantic kids taken this year. If my math is correct, 22 Maritimers drafted in the first 3 rounds. Is there a chance we could break that record with the 2005 group?

Reactions: HkyFan202

ATLHockeywatcher

Feb 25, 2020
With the 2020 Q draft now in the books, it was outstanding to see the # of Atlantic kids taken this year. If my math is correct, 22 Maritimers drafted in the first 3 rounds. Is there a chance we could break that record with the 2005 group?
Uncertain if 22 is a record. In no particular order, here are some Atlantic born 2005 players that would have a shot along with some others that could take leaps over the next 12 months. A lot can change between now and June 2021, will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Forwards
Gendron – NB
Nadeau – NB
Peddle -NS
Ryan – NB
Pelletier – NB (Prep)
Patterson - NB
Squires – PEI
Arsenault – PEI
Henderson – NS (Prep)
Burbidge – NS
MacPhee – NS
Strapp - NF
Clements – PEI
Mackinnon – NB
Rotondi – NF
MacDonald – NS
Martin – NB
Topolinski – NB
Richardson – NS
Flanagan – NB

Others to watch

MacDonald – PEI
Lounsbury – NB
Allen – NB (Prep)
Mayo – NB
Crosby – NS
Green – NS
Todd – NS
Stewart – NS
Boudreau – NB
Dickie – NB
Johnson – NB (Prep)
Mossey – PEI
Flemming – NS
Thompson – PEI (Prep)

Reactions: HkyFan202

HKYEAST

Nov 13, 2019
Solid list...to hit 22, we will need to see 5-6 first rounders IMO....not impossible considering there is good size and skill in this group. Quebec is deep as well, there are not as many players playing out of province at the 05 level in quebec as there was with the 04's, which should mean some good first round talent for them.

Prospect Tracker

Dec 11, 2018
Quebec
Here is my Québec List per structure:

ALBATROS
Tyler Médina G

BLIZZARD
Natan Grenier D
Mathys Lapointe A
Mael Lavigne A

CANTONNIERS
Louis-Felix Charrois G
Jérémie Dumas D
Eloi Bourdeau D
Ethan Gauthier A
Elie Baillargeon A
Lewis Gendron A

CHEVALIERS
Theo Lemieux D
Émile Duquet A
Elliott Simard A

ELITES
Mivil Tremblay G
Vincent Collard A

ESTACADES
Isaac Fecteau D
Alexis Jacques D
Evan Courtois A

FORESTIERS
Maxence Albert D
Mathis Ouellet A
Matthew Bolduc A

GAULOIS
Samuel Kingsey D
Nathan Baril A
Chad Prepszl A
Mikaël Lemay A

GRENADIERS
Etienne Morin D
Jesse Carrière D
Gerry Watson A
Vincent Gauthier A
Thomas Hébert A
Lou-Olivier Charland A

INTRÉPIDE
Nicolas Bilodeau D
Emile Perron D
Anthony Clutchey D
Christopher Talbot A
Alexis Bourque A
Justin Julien A

LIONS
Kyle Hagen G
Noah Razon D
Denver Damphousse D

PHENIX
Vincent Durand A

RIVERAINS
Marc-Olivier Beaudry D
Pierre-Marc Minville D
Mathieu Weber D
Mathieu Cataford A
Zackary Coutu A

ROUSSEAU-ROYAL
Daniel Heroux G
Jano Zambakdjian D
Mathys Laurent D
Olivier Savard D
Loic Goyette A
Cristiano Spadafora A
Vince Elie A
Sacha Trudel A

VICKINGS
Antoine Lagacé D

Feel free to add anyone else you see. I realize that we are far away from Draft Day!

Last edited:

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
Here is my Québec List per structure:

ALBATROS
Tyler Médina G

BLIZZARD
Natan Grenier D
Mathys Lapointe A
Mael Lavigne A

CANTONNIERS
Louis-Felix Charrois G
Jérémie Dumas D
Eloi Bourdeau D
Ethan Gauthier A
Elie Baillargeon A
Lewis Gendron A

CHEVALIERS
Theo Lemieux D
Émile Duquet A
Elliott Simard A

ELITES
Mivil Tremblay G
Vincent Collard A

ESTACADES
Isaac Fecteau D
Alexis Jacques D
Evan Courtois A

FORESTIERS
Maxence Albert D
Mathis Ouellet A
Matthew Bolduc A

GAULOIS
Samuel Kingsey D
Nathan Baril A
Chad Prepszl A
Mikaël Lemay A

GRENADIERS
Etienne Morin D
Jesse Carrière D
Gerry Watson A
Vincent Gauthier A
Thomas Hébert A
Lou-Olivier Charland A

INTRÉPIDE
Nicolas Bilodeau D
Emile Perron D
Anthony Clutchey D
Christopher Talbot A
Alexis Bourque A
Justin Julien A

LIONS
Kyle Hagen G
Noah Razon D
Denver Damphousse D

PHENIX
Vincent Durand A

RIVERAINS
Marc-Olivier Beaudry D
Pierre-Marc Minville D
Mathieu Weber D
Mathieu Cataford A
Zackary Coutu A

ROUSSEAU-ROYAL
Daniel Heroux G
Jano Zambakdjian D
Mathys Laurent D
Olivier Savard D
Loic Goyette A
Cristiano Spadafora A
Vince Elie A
Sacha Trudel A

VICKINGS
Antoine Lagacé D

Feel free to add anyone else you see. I realize that we are far away from Draft Day!

I'd add a few guys on your list, but you've got most of them.

For Blizzard, Alex Mercier (first round guy imo) is probably the top guy with Nathan Grenier. There is also Emmanuel Vermette who should be at least a mid round pick, and Lauzier (G), Desbiens (FWD) and Theberge (D) are pretty decent prospects.

For Cantonniers, Connor Macey should be a mid round pick as well in a year, he's a big guy who skates well and can shoot the puck. I feel like more guys will emerge from that team, a lot of small skilled and smart forwards that could develop and improve massively, + Magog and Triolet always develop their players well.

For Chevaliers, Xavier Daigle might be their best prospect with Duquet and Simard, should all be top 3 round guys. I like Giroux and Lemieux as well, maybe Boucher in net could be a draft pick too.

For Elites, I low key really like Flageole, but he's pretty small. Could be a surprise.

For Estacades, they've got quite a few decent guys that should be later round picks like Elliot Robert, Benjamin Brunelle or Kyle Bordeleau.

For Forestiers, Lauzon could be interesting if he improves his skating, and I really like Arsenault, don't know how good he can be though, very skilled and smart.

For Gaulois, I'd add Mathis Cyr, pretty good two-way D, should get picked somewhere.

Phenix actually might have the best defenseman in Quebec in Olivier Beaulieu, as well as one of the top goalies in Fernandez. Beaulieu is a great skater who controls the play with high-end skills, very good offensively but didn't have enough support on his team. Low key really like Lalancette too who played for Lanaudiere, very smart and smooth player.

For CCL, I'd add Maxime Lauzon as a solid defenseman who should go in the first half of the draft. Can move the puck and pretty smart. Stravrianeas could be a surprise too, elite hands.

For Rousseau-Royal, I'd add Beck Majdell, very toolsy defenseman.

Vikings have two potential high-end forwards in Nathan Ethier and Maxime Coursol (top 3 rounds potential).

HkyFan202

Feb 22, 2019
I'd add a few guys on your list, but you've got most of them.

For Blizzard, Alex Mercier (first round guy imo) is probably the top guy with Nathan Grenier. There is also Emmanuel Vermette who should be at least a mid round pick, and Lauzier (G), Desbiens (FWD) and Theberge (D) are pretty decent prospects.

For Cantonniers, Connor Macey should be a mid round pick as well in a year, he's a big guy who skates well and can shoot the puck. I feel like more guys will emerge from that team, a lot of small skilled and smart forwards that could develop and improve massively, + Magog and Triolet always develop their players well.

For Chevaliers, Xavier Daigle might be their best prospect with Duquet and Simard, should all be top 3 round guys. I like Giroux and Lemieux as well, maybe Boucher in net could be a draft pick too.

For Elites, I low key really like Flageole, but he's pretty small. Could be a surprise.

For Estacades, they've got quite a few decent guys that should be later round picks like Elliot Robert, Benjamin Brunelle or Kyle Bordeleau.

For Forestiers, Lauzon could be interesting if he improves his skating, and I really like Arsenault, don't know how good he can be though, very skilled and smart.

For Gaulois, I'd add Mathis Cyr, pretty good two-way D, should get picked somewhere.

Phenix actually might have the best defenseman in Quebec in Olivier Beaulieu, as well as one of the top goalies in Fernandez. Beaulieu is a great skater who controls the play with high-end skills, very good offensively but didn't have enough support on his team. Low key really like Lalancette too who played for Lanaudiere, very smart and smooth player.

For CCL, I'd add Maxime Lauzon as a solid defenseman who should go in the first half of the draft. Can move the puck and pretty smart. Stravrianeas could be a surprise too, elite hands.

For Rousseau-Royal, I'd add Beck Majdell, very toolsy defenseman.

Vikings have two potential high-end forwards in Nathan Ethier and Maxime Coursol (top 3 rounds potential).
Great List! I'm big fans of Ethier, Mercier and Daigle up front however I haven't seen any of this group in quebec since early January. Been spending most of the second half of the season around nova scotia mainly. Atlantic Canada has a great crop of prospects as well and it should be close to the 22 however not sure if it will crack the 04 numbers from this year.
Be nice to see if someone could do up a mock of some sort on maybe where they see Quebec mixing within the top Atlantic prospects.

Reactions: HKYEAST

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad