Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Troublesome 85

Proud Girl Dad
Dec 28, 2017
Sarasota/Bradenton
Saints should have traded down and then got Trask or Mond in the 2nd/3rd

Still some talent available but I dont think Owusu-Koramoah, Barmore, or Ojulari will be around tho

Moore should be

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
I'd love to get a WR tomorrow. It'd be a big win to get Elijah Moore, Terrace Marshall, or Rondale Moore, but I'd be happy with any of Amon-Ra St. Brown, Tylan Wallace, Amari Rodgers, or D'Wayne Eskridge too.
Rondale Moore is somebody I really like. Small but boy is he shifty. Built like a BRICK. He would be lethal here. I think Jones would do well throwing to him. Not sure if we have a chance to get him. But I love his talent.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm usually someone who can talk themselves into draft picks, somehow i found a way to do it with the Bruins 2015 draft but i just can't do it with Jones, i was actually more okay with it an hour before the pick than i am now. To me his ceiling is Kirk Cousins and just like Kirk it won't matter how good his pass catchers are, at the nfl level he just won't be able to crack into that top 10 range for the position. I feel like some of the fanbase just wants anybody but Cam and if he can throw short yardage passes without putting a crater in the turf then they'll take him.
If you could talk yourself into the 2015 Bruins draft, but struggle with this, I certainly don’t know what to say to you.

I'm okay with the pick. Just wonder what happens to Stidham now. I'm a fan of his but Bill isn't...

Camp arm. He’ll throw many, many passes to the WRs in practice so Jones doesn’t tire his arm out. Then he gets cut or becomes the no. 3 QB.

Last edited:

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Good pick. Belichick did not overthink for once, or try to be the smartest guy in the room. Jones was consensus top 15, mostly projected top 10 and easily could have been top 3. Fills our biggest need, and one of the best value picks in the first round.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
The Mac Jones pick had me thinking back to this...

QB: #1 is to make good decisions -- then arm, size, physically tough, leadership, guys look up to and have confidence in, a real competitor. Accurate rather than guy with a cannon. Emphasis on our game will be on decision, timing, accuracy -- guy needs to be confident, intelligence is important but not as much so as field awareness and judgement. Can't be sloppy fundamentally unsound guy w/ ball handling, tech's, etc. Footwork, drops, release, etc. -- QB has to be able to throw the ball with accuracy.

That's Mac Jones. Elite decision-maker, elite accuracy, leadership, intelligence.

False Start

May 8, 2018
The Mac Jones pick had me thinking back to this...

QB: #1 is to make good decisions -- then arm, size, physically tough, leadership, guys look up to and have confidence in, a real competitor. Accurate rather than guy with a cannon. Emphasis on our game will be on decision, timing, accuracy -- guy needs to be confident, intelligence is important but not as much so as field awareness and judgement. Can't be sloppy fundamentally unsound guy w/ ball handling, tech's, etc. Footwork, drops, release, etc. -- QB has to be able to throw the ball with accuracy.

That's Mac Jones. Elite decision-maker, elite accuracy, leadership, intelligence.

Also: Justin Fields

False Start

May 8, 2018
Alot of it, yeah.

Fields certainly has the bigger arm, but Jones seems to be quicker in terms of processing and getting rid of the football, which the Patriots value.

Fields to me showed incredible leadership and toughness when he gutted out that injury in the Clemson game. He proceeded to outduel #1 pick Trevor Lawrence while not being able to utilize the running portion of his game.

Fields is also statistically one of the more accurate QBs of this class.

But I did enjoy how Mac Jones processes the information he has, he's a smart player with excellent pocket footwork. We'll see if he can evade NFL defenders without all of the weapons around him when he has to make tighter window throws.

Reactions: Lo97 and Gator Mike

Johnnyduke

Oct 30, 2007
I don't quite get what the Packers are doing. Rodgers wants out and is flirting with the Jeopardy gig, etc. Rodgers is a dink. He's great but his value will never be higher. He doesn't strike me as someone who wants to play as long as Brady. Get a haul for him and move on.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Stidham would be wise to take notes from Brian Hoyer and a guy like Chasr Daniel.

hold the clipboard tight, keep the iPad close, pump the starters tires if need be and be a team first guy, might carve out a 10 year career that way.

I think Cam starts the season on a pretty short leash.

DangleCity

Jun 23, 2016
Fields to me showed incredible leadership and toughness when he gutted out that injury in the Clemson game. He proceeded to outduel #1 pick Trevor Lawrence while not being able to utilize the running portion of his game.

Fields is also statistically one of the more accurate QBs of this class.

But I did enjoy how Mac Jones processes the information he has, he's a smart player with excellent pocket footwork. We'll see if he can evade NFL defenders without all of the weapons around him when he has to make tighter window throws.
Does this look like a guy who cant make throws in tight windows or throw recievers open?

I think people have taken the "he played for Alabama" thing a little to far. People think there were guys running 15 yards down field wide open on every play

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013

Funny how Orlovsky says this a a great pick by detailing the situation Jones is inheriting. He goes on about all the other parts of the offence ( great O line, the tight ends etc) and not much about what Jones brings. I think Jones will be a great game manager and won't need to win games on his own.

Reactions: EvilDead
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad