Patriots/NFL 2021 Preseason: Next Game Sunday 8/29 v. NYG

Status
Not open for further replies.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
PFF:

The narrative surrounding Mac Jones for the past few weeks was focused on whether he was worth not just the No. 3 overall pick, but the three first-round selections the 49ers invested in that draft slot. At No. 15 overall, it’s an entirely different conversation. Jones led the nation last season in overall PFF grade (95.8) and was the most accurate college quarterback in terms of adjusted completion rate (84.2%) PFF has seen. This is an outstanding pick.

BEST TIMING: MAC JONES
This is Jones’ calling card, as he thrives within the tempo of the offense. No one came close to Jones statistically on “in-rhythm throws.” His 97.6 passing grade, 13.4 yards per attempt and 152.5 passer rating on these plays led college football. Jones got the ball where it needed to go consistently for the Crimson Tide.

BEST VS. BLITZ: MAC JONES
Not that there was really any other way to slow down Alabama’s offense in 2020, but blitzing certainly didn’t work. Jones led college football in every single statistical category when blitzed last season: yards (1,365), touchdowns (18), yards per attempt (11.4) and completion percentage (77.5%). Maybe most impressively, Jones was only sacked three times on 124 blitzed dropbacks.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I probably have the depth chart as this right now in Bill's mind.

1. Cam (until he sucks)
2. Mac Jones
3. Jake Dolegala
4. Brian Belichick
5. Nike Belichick
999.Jarrett Stidham
I see. Bill’s not buying the offseason workout vids Stidham is putting out?

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
Im not concerned that he’s not mobile. Nice to have for me.
Looks like he has an arm. More important to me.

Now does he have a brain? Thats the thing I’ll need to see with my own eyes. Because to me thats whats most important.

Ive seen a lot of great scramblers. Ive seen a lot of cannon arms. But if theyre meatheads it doesnt matter.
I have no questions about Mac Jones' ability to process and make good decisions.

I have big questions about his arm strength and what happens when plays don't go the exact way they're supposed to.

Reactions: Lo97

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
I would have piledriven my head into the couch if Davis Mills was taken in round one by the Patriots.

I didn't really want Jones, especially at 15, but I would have hated if they took Mills at all, so that's the consolation prize for me.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I didn't really want Jones, especially at 15, but I would have hated if they took Mills at all, so that's the consolation prize for me.

I love pocket passers QBS. Have done ever since I started watching football, so I would not have been offended if Bill took Mills in round 3/4ish. I would have hated it if he reached for him, but Bill doesn't reach too often (except for Tavon Wilson among others). So thankfully they got the right guy, hopefully

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
Brilliant move by your guys, @LouJersey. Could have gone with Darrisaw at #14, but you trade down, get some more picks, and still got the guy I thought you would take.

Reactions: N o o d l e s
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad