2021 Pre-Season Friendlies

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Not long after checking in at halftime, Nianzou almost gives Uth the 3-2.

Jamie Lawrence sure covers a lot of ground in few strides...god damn are his legs long...

Cuisance is still slick; shame it hasn't worked out for him in Munchen.

Interested to see how Malik Tillman does...he's moving well & has played some nice passes; still a very interesting prospect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Bouna Sarr losses track of Uth for the 3-2. Rough 10 minutes for the frenchman; as he's also picked up a yellow since checking in.

Another rough touch from Booth in his own third...maybe he just shouldn't get the ball unless he's facing the opposition's goal...

E:
Is Sarr trying to get a 2nd yellow in a friendly? :laugh:

Last edited:

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Boy. I usually watch all Spurs games, but I had no idea they were already playing pre-season games. Hopefully Dier doesn't play well.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Bouna Sarr losses track of Uth for the 3-2. Rough 10 minutes for the frenchman; as he's also picked up a yellow since checking in.

Another rough touch from Booth in his own third...maybe he just shouldn't get the ball unless he's facing the opposition's goal...

E:
Is Sarr trying to get a 2nd yellow in a friendly? :laugh:
He sucks.
Bayern buying him was a big lol.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He sucks.
Bayern buying him was a big lol.

Yeah, there are limits to how good of a player you can find who will be content barely ever playing, but Sarr isn't just untalented, he's a dumb player as well.

...just another reason they should've paid up for Baku :sarcasm:

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Not long after checking in at halftime, Nianzou almost gives Uth the 3-2.

Jamie Lawrence sure covers a lot of ground in few strides...god damn are his legs long...

Cuisance is still slick; shame it hasn't worked out for him in Munchen.

Interested to see how Malik Tillman does...he's moving well & has played some nice passes; still a very interesting prospect.

What did you think about Booth and Rhein starting this game ahead of Cuisance? I think that means he’s behind them in the Nagelsmann early depth chart. And Roca is injured, so there should be playing time available for a young midfielder at the start of this season.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
What did you think about Booth and Rhein starting this game ahead of Cuisance? I think that means he’s behind them in the Nagelsmann early depth chart. And Roca is injured, so there should be playing time available for a young midfielder.

I wouldn't read much into who started & who came off the bench...Chris Richards started over Nianzou, even though Richards is (most likely) heading back to Hoffenheim for another year, while Nianzou is a lock to be part of their rotation.

Though they have been actively working on a loan for Cuisance all summer, so it seems unlikely Nagelsmann has plans for him.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Cuisance was awful in OM.
I dumped him in my keeper league after being disgusted with his football IQ. He's very very talented, but has nothing between the ears.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France

This is how promoted Troyes plays football. That is the pre season, but they played like this all year long last year in L2. Battles is a very interesting coach.

Venkman

Jun 28, 2007
England
United beat Derby 2-1. Chong and Pellistri scored. Nice assist by Shoretire on Pellistri's goal. Lingard was lively too.

Chong is going on loan to Birmingham this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Please excuse the copy/paste hatchet job:

Trent Alexander-Arnold captains the Reds in the first game of the evening against Innsbruck, with Jürgen Klopp naming a youthful line-up that also includes Owen Beck, Tyler Morton and Kaide Gordon.

Ibrahima Konate will then make his debut for the club in the second match, with starts for Mohamed Salah, Sadio Mane and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.
James Milner will wear the armband against Stuttgart.

v Wacker Innsbruck: Karius, Alexander-Arnold, Matip. B. Davies, Beck, Clarkson, Morton, Cain, Gordon, Origi, Minamino.

v Stuttgart: Adrian, Bradley, Konate, R. Williams, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Elliott, Mane, Salah, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
1-1 after game one. Should have lost. Origi scored a very dodgy PK and LFC could not defend at all. No one knew where they were supposed to be and were pushed up way too high.

Most impressed by Owen Beck LB and Kaide Gordon RW.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Stuttgart are no mugs.

They're not, but I'm not sure they didn't over-achieve. Their defense was pretty awful and though their counter attacking play outweighed their defensive frailty last year, they didn't show the ideas in possession for me to bank on their attacking play continuing to compensate for their piss poor defending.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Game Two another 1-1. Nothing special to report very blah. Took a work call.

Tsimikas was very good. I wouldn’t be shocked if he started MW1

Last edited:

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
They're not, but I'm not sure they didn't over-achieve. Their defense was pretty awful and though their counter attacking play outweighed their defensive frailty last year, they didn't show the ideas in possession for me to bank on their attacking play continuing to compensate for their piss poor defending.
I would say I agree they probably overachieved. But I also think some of that could be down to whether or not their attacking players are actually decent or not. I think they could be, and a few might have even more upside. But yeah, defending is going to be the issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad